Player Tutoring

Tutoring contains a good amount of chance in the way it is calculated. But as Warrenwwr states, too big personality differences can significantly increase the likelyhood of the pairing having a falling out that will end the tutoring session.

However, matching two of similar personalities will not quarantee success in the tutoring session. The chance of a personality clash is just reduced (I think ... it is hard to test).

As for the two tutoring options, these seem to have little to no effect on whether the tutor and youngster get along. They also do not seem to affect how much the youngster's stats move during the session. There have been confirmation that tutoring can work very differently when used on NewGens, rather than existing database players. This is pretty much untestable, as the effects usually doesn't appear in the first round of tutoring of a youngster.

But for existing DB players, the two options works like this:

Option 1 'I feel you can help improve his game' - Transfers PPMs, Shifts mental traits, makes tutor favoured personnel for youngster.

Option 2 'Take him under your wing anf mentor him off the pitch' - Shifts mental traits, never makes tutor favoured personnel.

If you want, you can read more about my tests on these options here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/312513-Tutoring-options

Archived