FM2011, Steam, Mac Users.

I know I should be playing 2012, but I can't get away from my Swansea game. 670 hours of gaming later and Steam won't launch the game, weird as I was playing the game on Monday morning and now Steam won't launch the game, let alone start playing.

I've posted this in the technical help forum, done all the usual things - reinstall, verify the game, reinstall steam, deleted cache and preference files, with no luck.

Just wondering if anybody still has 2011 installed via Steam on a mac. Just wondering if its me or something steam has done via a client update.

Could you try and launch the game for me, if it crashes please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Started this thread back in March, and still there is no fix.

Steam couldn't give less of a chuff about Mac users, and I think SI just think 'oh well, FM13 is out in a few months', and won't bother to fix it. Miles just palmed me off to to the quite frankly appalling Steam Support service when I questioned him on it recently.

Unacceptable.

To be fair, this issue is Steam related (knock-on effect of an update addressing something else). Fix needs to be applied in the Steam client, not FM, so it's in Valve's hands. It's a shame that their support is so understaffed. :/

A question about FM and steam ( since the other thread I was asking got closed) If I buy a new laptop and I login to my Steam account, will I be able to also play the game there without the need of the DVD?

Thanks

The game is linked to yur steam account and can be redownloaded when you access your steam account on the new machine.

• SI Staff

Hi guys, apologies for the delay on this, unfortunately it's an issue on Steam's side which they have been working on a fix for. The fix should go public next week apparently but in the meantime you can access the fix by opting into Steam's beta setting by selecting Steam > Preferences and then changing the Steam Beta Settings to "Steam Beta Update" by clicking "Change" in the Preferences screen Beta section.

Apologies for the issue, hopefully this fix should do the trick :)

Hi guys, apologies for the delay on this, unfortunately it's an issue on Steam's side which they have been working on a fix for. The fix should go public next week apparently but in the meantime you can access the fix by opting into Steam's beta setting by selecting Steam > Preferences and then changing the Steam Beta Settings to "Steam Beta Update" by clicking "Change" in the Preferences screen Beta section.

Apologies for the issue, hopefully this fix should do the trick :)

I love you.

Archived