Suggestions: Have they been used?

I think one of mine was eventually implemented..

I have been suggesting to add a small 'r' or 'l' to central strikers, midfielders and defenders for years.. I think FM2011 was when they eventually implemented it..

My first suggestion was back in 2004/2005 or thereabouts.

Though, other might have suggested it before so I'm not sure it was my suggestion that was followed, but who cares.. the feature is there :D

I suggested that when you join a club that there should already be existing scout reports. And if you sign a scout they should come to the club with a list of players.

And it happens in the game. The reason was that I felt when you took over a club it took too long for scout reports to be generated and you were gazumped by other teams while waiting for reports to be generated.

Yes, I mentioned that I would have liked it if players (and staff) had a preference to play in a certain country/nation. Although not exactly implanted the way I imagined it, the current way they do it is far more superior.

I suggested managers wages be used for buying things like houses and cars, and have been informed they are introducing this for FM13.

no it will not be introduced in FM2013 or any other future version of FM or even any game ever produced by any descendants of any current, former or future employee of SI or any other company in any relation with SI, now or in the future.

no it will not be introduced in FM2013 or any other future version of FM or even any game ever produced by any descendants of any current, former or future employee of SI or any other company in any relation with SI, now or in the future.

So we'll take that as a negative then Herter!

Catch of the day for Dizzy Penguin.

So it's more of a case of a suggestion being made numerous times by numerous people than unique ideas that get implemented?

Not really. The amount of voices clamouring for an idea only has weight if the idea is good.

It's nigh on impossible to tell whether SI took a suggestion from this board or if they already had the same idea in their big book of ideas. For example, the tactical slider system was introduced after Dave C produced several well reasoned and well presented posts on this forum. But it's entirely possible that SI were already working on the system when he posted. The first time I saw the idea of a tone of voice being used to inform the interaction was when I posted it, but again SI might have been there ahead of me. Over the years several people have wanted things like job interviews, the ability to take on the name and reputation of a real life manager or employ nutritionists and the like. Yet though there have been more voices asking for those things than sliders or tones, they've not been implemented.

I was thinking of compiling suggestions in the form of a design document.

Are you thinking of compiling them from the wishlist thread? Your time is your own, but it might be fairly pointless as SI do read that thread. If it's your own ideas you want to do that for, go for it.

Catch of the day for Dizzy Penguin.

Oh dont worry.. I was fully aware that he was just a troll.. I just want to make sure everyone knows how far-out that suggestion is because even though the penguin was joking a lot of people actually do want to be able to spend their earned money on crap like houses and cars.. :rolleyes:

:D

I suggested the ability to make tactical changes at any time. You previously had to wait for a pause in the match before you could make one, which sometimes took several minutes, by which time I'd sometime forgotten what I wanted to change. While the changes still only get applied when there's a break, it makes things much easier for me.

The feature was in the next version (2006?). I did go to the trouble of explaining how it could be implemented easily without breaking the way matches are calculated, i.e. you can make changes at any time, but they only get applied during a break in play as was the case beforehand.

SI do listen, but they don't implement everything and some things take time (e.g. 3D engine).

Oh dont worry.. I was fully aware that he was just a troll.. I just want to make sure everyone knows how far-out that suggestion is because even though the penguin was joking a lot of people actually do want to be able to spend their earned money on crap like houses and cars.. :rolleyes:

:D

Now if they were blowing their wages on sex & booze, it might be an interesting element to have, ha ha!

• Administrators
I suggested the ability to make tactical changes at any time. You previously had to wait for a pause in the match before you could make one, which sometimes took several minutes, by which time I'd sometime forgotten what I wanted to change. While the changes still only get applied when there's a break, it makes things much easier for me.

The feature was in the next version (2006?). I did go to the trouble of explaining how it could be implemented easily without breaking the way matches are calculated, i.e. you can make changes at any time, but they only get applied during a break in play as was the case beforehand.

SI do listen, but they don't implement everything and some things take time (e.g. 3D engine).

This pretty much.

Are you thinking of compiling them from the wishlist thread? Your time is your own, but it might be fairly pointless as SI do read that thread. If it's your own ideas you want to do that for, go for it.

Not just that. I mean, as opposed to suggesting something like "why don't you do this?", typing up exactly where it would fit in, how to access it, the number of variables, what they are, how it affects other parts of the game, etc.

For example, the tactical slider system was introduced after Dave C produced several well reasoned and well presented posts on this forum.

I don't think that's right. I did propose sliders, but for something else. Whether it had an influence I have no idea, but it'd be wrong to see it as "my" idea.

Archived