Napoli

Venlo

Napoli Season 2011/12

Serie A - I couldn't have asked for more from the team, my initial aim was to finish in the top four and anything else was a bonus. We had the best home record in the league, only losing once. Our away needs to improve though if we are going to perform on a regular basis.

Past Positions - As you can see I was up there for most of the season and I think it was around January time I started believing.

Italian Cup - Very disappointed with this but I suppose the league position more than made up for it.

Champions League - Not a nice way to go out but I'll be back next year.

Transfers - Not much to see here but I think for next season I'll be signing quite a few players.

Best Eleven - As you can see nothing that impressive really, no one had amazing ratings.

Thoughts - I'm very pleased with my first season in management in Italy, it couldn't have went much better. I really enjoyed managing Napoli and I hope this is the start of a long term project.

Aims - My short term aims are to strengthen the squad in a number of areas, I feel we have a good starting eleven but the squad was looking a little bare when we had a number of injuries and suspensions. A transfer budget of £60 million will help me with that. My long term aim is to win everything on offer and I believe I'll do that one day.

Archived