Training: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Right folks, here's the situation:

My 'star' striker has also got an attitude problem and, recently, kicked up a fuss in a private chat. By that point, I'd had enough and decided to sell him to Arsenal for £25m. However, with three months to go until the transfer window closes, I've got an excellent opportunity to put him on the training schedule from hell and do as much damage to his attributes as possible before January 1st.

Having read all the tactics and training advice posted in the stickies, I've decided I can take one of two approaches:

1) Give him absolutely no training whatsoever.

2) Max out his fitness training and hope that he does his hamstring.

Which of these do we think will work best, or have I missed something else altogether which would be more effective?

Haha! Keeper training. I like that idea.

I'm not sure he can actually fail his medical though. I've already agreed the signing with Arsenal so I'm pretty sure I can kick as many lumps out of him as I like and he'll still move on January 1st.

I tried something similar on CM01/02 with Javier Saviola, I missed his contract status and he signed a contract with AC Milan to move in the summer. Once the season had finished I scheduled as many pre season friendlies as I could and he played in all of them. I think there was about 60 friendlies back to back. I played him right back with an arrow pointing to the LF position, gave him high tackling and highh closing down.

He was hard as nails, he didnt pick up the injury that would have had the tarnsfer cancelled. However his condition did drop into single figures!

some of you guys are just evil.............:)

I was wondering though, how would that play out IRL, player would spit dummy no doubt and then refuse, club would fine him and no doubt it would end in cas.

or

Chairman or MD would think the coach is evil and refuse to let it happen.

Good news! Stubbed toe. Not quite the leg break we were hoping for but it's a start.

IRL I think Arsenal would kick off a right royal rumpus and get the FA involved etc. Deliberately injuring a player is probably against some sort of rule.

I had a network game once where me and a friend battled over aaron lennon's signature when he was 16. I got him but then, as he was under-16, my mate was able to offer him a contract and he was set to move to him at the end of the season.

A season of intensive GK training and new GK position training later and my friend had to sign the shortest, poorest 'keeper in the league. Ruined him :)

Archived