to what extent does keeping the same tactics help?

I've the same doubt, because I think different tactics works better against tactics... like, I dont use 4-3-3 agains 4-5-1, but my favorite tactic is 4-4-2...

if I keep changing against different teams because I need to adapt my tactics, my team will not be fluid...

what is the game logic behind it?

• SI Staff

In FMH you don't 'train' a tactic - it is presumed that most players are able to play in their assigned position to a capable degree and adapt to any of the common tactics - which I think is a reasonable assumption, especially for better players.

Players do settle into teams and will sometimes take a while to get used to their team-mates and perform fully, but as far as tactics goes - its down to the players ability and suitability for their role/position.

Thanks marc. Suits me fine. I'm trying to instill some real life Aston villa into my game, and Paul Lambert has been known to use a variety of tactics.

I'm finding that players who are just "competent" and yellow on the selection screen, even if they can't retrain, can adequately perform a role if they have the attributes for it.

• SI Staff
Thanks marc. Suits me fine. I'm trying to instill some real life Aston villa into my game, and Paul Lambert has been known to use a variety of tactics.

I'm finding that players who are just "competent" and yellow on the selection screen, even if they can't retrain, can adequately perform a role if they have the attributes for it.

Yes thats as it should be - competant means they will well be 'competant' in that position, it might not be a particularly natural role for them (or indeed their preferred position) but its one they can handle, especially if their style/attributes suit it (I for instance can at a push play as a MC, I don't like to though as I'm 41 now and it involves FAR too much running ;) ).

• SI Staff
does it still 'crack' tactics?

had great success with a formation and then couldn't win for toffee and have to keep rotating tactics as I'm now 10 years in and most of my favourite tactics seem to have been cracked and no longer work.

The better managers in the game will 'crack' tactics BUT only if its realistic to do so - ie. it doesn't cheat if you're Barcelona then you're just a bloody good team with a great tactics .... however if you're utilising a flawed tactic which works only against some 'standard' tactics then they will attempt to ascertain a way around it and negate it, just as they would irl.

Archived