Can someone tell me why Welbeck/Neymar has been classed as a United legend in my save?

I sold Danny Welbeck in 2016/2017, and he didn't even play 200 league games (170 something he made) and only scored 80 something goals. Yet for some reason he is regarded as a United legend? I just found it a bit odd, because hernandez played over 250 games and something like 157 goals, yet is only regarded as an icon?

Neymar on the other hand has made 124 appearances and scored 93 goals, and is also regarded as a legend. He joined in 2015.

Im not hating or anything, im just curious as to why these players are regarded as legends having played so little for the club?

Did Welbeck score big goals for you?? Like cup winning goals, winning goals against rivals, stuff like that? Same for Neymar. Its the only thing i could think of.

Aye, could be that. Down at Southampton a certain Bobby Stokes is one of the clubs biggest legends. He wasn't very good.... but he scored the only goal in the 1976 FA Cup final against Man Utd.

A legend was born.

Did Welbeck score big goals for you?? Like cup winning goals, winning goals against rivals, stuff like that? Same for Neymar. Its the only thing i could think of.

well not really. i think he scored about 3 match winners against top 4 clubs at the time, but that was it. the only things i remember him for was for scoring 4 goals in 1 game and scoring twice against hull in the carling cup final.

then neymar scored a couple hattricks against lower teams, scored occasionally against the bigger sides and won best player in champions league and top goalscorer.

do you think the position they come in player stats eg goals assists, and also players of the year/team of the tournament etc have an effect on their status? the only reason i ask is because i thought legendary status would be having to make over 250-350 appearances for the club, especially one as big as united.

Yeah. The only players added to that list since i came was myself, rooney, valencia, welbeck and neymar. rooney and valencia i understand, because both have made many appearances and also had their time as being the best player in the world. theyve both won numerous awards so that only makes sense.

well not really. i think he scored about 3 match winners against top 4 clubs at the time, but that was it. the only things i remember him for was for scoring 4 goals in 1 game and scoring twice against hull in the carling cup final.

then neymar scored a couple hattricks against lower teams, scored occasionally against the bigger sides and won best player in champions league and top goalscorer.

do you think the position they come in player stats eg goals assists, and also players of the year/team of the tournament etc have an effect on their status? the only reason i ask is because i thought legendary status would be having to make over 250-350 appearances for the club, especially one as big as united.

I dont think the number of performances as such are the biggest factor, its as much performance related as anything, club players of the year is one of the biggest factors, if they win that a few times they are likely to end up legends, with Neymar the European performances would probaby help a lot and the fact Welbeck is home grown will probably work in his favour. But its all just ideas im not exactly sure why those two would be legends above others.

Because legend, icon and favored personnel status is so easy to earn for players.

A player scores a hat trick in a big game and suddenly he's the new Thierry Henry to the fans. I'm yet to ever get 40 or so years into a save but I imagine clubs legends lists end up with about 30 players on them.

Archived