Nothing lazier than an FM player.

I am finding it almost impossible to set "individual training focus" and "new position" training as the players constantly moan about too much training. This is even when the slider is set just one click into the "medium" range (from "light").

This is ridiculous, nit-picking & is driving me mad. Make the terrible team meetings even more tedious!

I wish FM would give these players a bit more of a work ethic; bunch 'o babies!

Perhaps the players are unhappy about the amount of 'overtime' they are being made to do. If I was asked to do extra work then I know I wouldn't be happy. If I were asked to do 2 lots of extra work, I'd throw a wobbly. I can see your frustration with this occurring even when you reduce the workload of the training - but, what happens when you have the training set at light?

If you consider that you're asking the player to do a medium (normal or average) amount of training, and then telling him to do 2 extra porti.ons of training, it could be that you're asking him (in the context of the game) to do Intensive training (ie, two up from medium)

Buy professional/determined players. I never have this problem and have my schedules just a few ticks down from heavy. I have a lot of players retraining position and most with individual training and had no problems. A tip would be, if they are 'Pleased with current workload' then they will handle more specific training. 'Content with current workload', give them only position or individual training. However, certain players on content will still be fine with both.

Trial and error, every player is different.

What's the negative effect if your players are unhappy with training? They're still there and doing the training, and it doesn't seem lo lower morale.

Their attributes seem to stagnate or even decline. If the workload is too heavy they can get more training injuries. It should effect morale, if only slightly.

the individual training takes time out of your overall workload - it does not add to it, so the extra bits do not add to their amount of training, they are just a chunk of the same overall amount. I have mine on fairly high schedules, and never have a problem - get professional players into the side instead. Tell the players to increase their level of training.

Perhaps the players are unhappy about the amount of 'overtime' they are being made to do. If I was asked to do extra work then I know I wouldn't be happy. If I were asked to do 2 lots of extra work, I'd throw a wobbly. I can see your frustration with this occurring even when you reduce the workload of the training - but, what happens when you have the training set at light?

If you consider that you're asking the player to do a medium (normal or average) amount of training, and then telling him to do 2 extra porti.ons of training, it could be that you're asking him (in the context of the game) to do Intensive training (ie, two up from medium)

I just think the two "special" training elements combined with a regime only one click above "light" should be a piece of cake for any self-respecting pro footballer. Clearly it isn't in this game. I intened to stick to waht I consider reasonable & ignore future training complaints. Idle gits!

Archived