Interviews while being unemployed

Would the mentioned idea be nice in the next manager game?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would the mentioned idea be nice in the next manager game?

• Yes, it sounds like a good idea
    • No, I really don't like the idea
    • I don't really care, either way

At the moment I am unemployed in my game. I've managed a number of clubs, with major success, and just resigned from Barcelona after 7 years where I've won every competition I entered with the club. I'm ranked as the best manager that ever lived in the game and so on...

My thought though, is that it would be nice to be able to give interviews to the press, while being unemployed. Questions could be focused around future plans and ambitions, and thus letting clubs know, that I am looking to try my hand at their league, which, in turn, might make them consider firing a manager they are a tad unhappy with, in order to capture the signature of a manager that is currently free on the market.

I would be a nice way to gain interest from clubs that aren't currently actively looking for a new manager and so on.

Would that not be a nice feature for the next version of the game?

It is something extra to add, so if they can why not.

However I imagine it'd be filled with the same old dull 10 questions with limited responses.

As long as those 10 questions has the wanted effect. Namely that teams in leagues you're interested in, are more likely to come after you. I wouldn't mind.

At the moment I am unemployed in my game. I've managed a number of clubs, with major success, and just resigned from Barcelona after 7 years where I've won every competition I entered with the club. I'm ranked as the best manager that ever lived in the game and so on...

My thought though, is that it would be nice to be able to give interviews to the press, while being unemployed. Questions could be focused around future plans and ambitions, and thus letting clubs know, that I am looking to try my hand at their league, which, in turn, might make them consider firing a manager they are a tad unhappy with, in order to capture the signature of a manager that is currently free on the market.

I would be a nice way to gain interest from clubs that aren't currently actively looking for a new manager and so on.

Would that not be a nice feature for the next version of the game?

That can be a bit tricky, because it's sort of undermining the current manager.

I understand what you're getting at (there is an obvious real life reference in Pep Guardiola), but I would structure it more like you being asked about vacant jobs that might suit you. As well as your proposed future plans and etc.

I've often thought that there should be a post-resignation press conference to explain your motives. (And post-sacking to vent your anger.)

And it would be nice to direct job-hunting a bit. At the moment it's too haphazard.

But I voted "no" because I don't think it would be very interesting in practice unless press interaction was improved a lot.

Archived