Ubuntu

Yeah I think there's some error with Wine.

But in the near future Steam will release a Linux supported version of Steam and have it so that most games can be played trough Steam on Linux without the Game Devs having to re-write the games themselves. Or thats what I heard. SI will never add Linux to its supported OS list since it's userbase is less than 2% of the world's computers.

So not all hope is lost.

• 2 months later...
Yeah I think there's some error with Wine.

But in the near future Steam will release a Linux supported version of Steam and have it so that most games can be played trough Steam on Linux without the Game Devs having to re-write the games themselves. Or thats what I heard. SI will never add Linux to its supported OS list since it's userbase is less than 2% of the world's computers.

So not all hope is lost.

I think the conversion by Steam to Linux will only allow games which use the Source engine (created by Valve) to run on Linux without a re-write. So basically, any games released by valve (HL series, TF, CSS etc..) should be fine on Linux. For all other games, I'm sure Steam just acts as a distribution client rather than any kind of game platform. I could be wrong, of course :)

I wouldn't give up all hope, Android is built on linux and rumour has it that a desktop specific android release will appear in the next two or 3 years, should this actually happen Android will probably eat into the microsoft monopoly and FM and many other big name games will end up being ported.

I wouldn't give up all hope, Android is built on linux and rumour has it that a desktop specific android release will appear in the next two or 3 years, should this actually happen Android will probably eat into the microsoft monopoly and FM and many other big name games will end up being ported.

Don't mix android and a linux distro , thy have some common ground but they are very diffirent...

You have a desktop android distro

http://www.android-x86.org

Archived