Community Owned Club...?

In the event of Pompey finally, everything (fingers, toes, arms, legs....) crossed, becoming a Community Owned club and most importantly for this Question, being in a situation where the club will HAVE to be run within it's means, meaning breaking even at the worst every year. How will the FM13 Game engine cope with that? The game being a very good reflection of the true to life unrealistic financially ineptly run Business that Football is now-a-days...? Just a question that has been rattling around in my noggin for a while!

Dear God Football for it's own sake will need to take note of what has happened at Pompey, all being well, and how it has come out it all for the good of itself and as a flag bearer for how English Football SHOULD be run! Having played the Collier Brother's Games since their conception with Championship Manager, the Game is for some unknown reason right at the forefront of my thoughts, be interesting to see how this will be overcome... Now I'm rambling! lol

In the event of Pompey finally, everything (fingers, toes, arms, legs....) crossed, becoming a Community Owned club and most importantly for this Question, being in a situation where the club will HAVE to be run within it's means, meaning breaking even at the worst every year. How will the FM13 Game engine cope with that? The game being a very good reflection of the true to life unrealistic financially ineptly run Business that Football is now-a-days...? Just a question that has been rattling around in my noggin for a while!

Dear God Football for it's own sake will need to take note of what has happened at Pompey, all being well, and how it has come out it all for the good of itself and as a flag bearer for how English Football SHOULD be run! Having played the Collier Brother's Games since their conception with Championship Manager, the Game is for some unknown reason right at the forefront of my thoughts, be interesting to see how this will be overcome... Now I'm rambling! lol

Pompey aren't the first British side to go into administration, and i guarantee they won't be the last

This is hardly new, ground breaking or even a large in number community owned bid. It is also based on a flawed business plan.

For example...

Exeter City have over 4,000 members of their trust ownership of the club compared to the 1,670 that have pledged (but yet to pay) Portsmouth fans.

http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

FM13 can treat Pompey in the same way it does Exeter City. Both clubs will still have a chairman/CEO, the "community owned" notion doesn't really make much of a difference to how FM treats the clubs apart from they lack any real resources.

Archived