Start unemployed?

One of the reasons I don't start unemployed is the ridiculous length of time one has to spend unemployed. User has to sit there clicking "continue" all the time. There is an option of going on holiday and applying for every vacancy that comes up (in whatever catagory selected) but I really want to be offered the job without applying for it.

What I would like to see is the option simply to go on holiday and come back when a job offer has been received (not there as far as I can see). That way I can set the thing up & go away & do something else (whilst unemployed for the next few years).

The option always was there and I don't expect it to have been removed.

Go on holiday, apply for jobs > Return when offered position is how I start most of my saves.

Understand this Cougar but not what I requested in my OP. What I am after is:

Go on holiday> (NOT inserting apply for jobs) Return when job offer received.

This option isn't there, right?

Understand this Cougar but not what I requested in my OP. What I am after is:

Go on holiday> (NOT inserting apply for jobs) Return when job offer received.

This option isn't there, right?

It is I think, would need to check for certain though.

You should still be able to select to return when job offered even if you don't select apply for jobs however that would mean waiting longer and why you would want that without applying for jobs is beyond me.

It just seems a pointless want and you are just being really picky.

So you want a job... without applying for one? That's not how the real world works. In any walk of life.

This. Even if you start with a high reputation/past experience, it'd still be a bit strange to receive a job offer, having never previously managed anybody or shown any interest in management.

It all depends on how many leagues you have loaded as to how long you spend unemployed. On my save I spent days unemployed due to the number of leagues I had loaded & was then offered 10 jobs.

It all depends on how many leagues you have loaded as to how long you spend unemployed. On my save I spent days unemployed due to the number of leagues I had loaded & was then offered 10 jobs.

Not completely on topic, but today I resolved to begin an unemployed, sunday-league reputation game. I loaded loads of leagues and got a job offer straight away (Mahon). Thought that would be dull, so simmed a bit longer and got Regensburg. I'd had them before when starting unemployed and so decided to wait for the next opportunity. Two seasons and I am still waiting! Am I being penalised for not taking either of those two jobs?

Not completely on topic, but today I resolved to begin an unemployed, sunday-league reputation game. I loaded loads of leagues and got a job offer straight away (Mahon). Thought that would be dull, so simmed a bit longer and got Regensburg. I'd had them before when starting unemployed and so decided to wait for the next opportunity. Two seasons and I am still waiting! Am I being penalised for not taking either of those two jobs?

Yes, in theory, as other clubs may be monitoring the situation (similar Rep teams) and thinking that they are too small for your ambitions. Either that, or there just aint that many vacancies!

What they need to change is when you go on holiday for a length of time and choose not to return when you get offered a job, the game accepts jobs for you for some reason which is so annoying, it nearly ruined my career when as a tottenham legend I resigned to look for something new, thought i'd holiday for a month because there were loads of jobs I didn't want and I didn't want to have to keep returning, it accepts the job managing some eredivisie team i've never heard of

It is I think, would need to check for certain though.

You should still be able to select to return when job offered even if you don't select apply for jobs however that would mean waiting longer and why you would want that without applying for jobs is beyond me.

It just seems a pointless want and you are just being really picky.

The option I'm talking about isn't there.

I'm not being "picky", I am really not keen on the "apply for all jobs" option as the game makes you look pretty stupid with your application into all the managerless clubs in the catagory selected. I just want to go on holiday & come back when I'm offered a job (rather than applying for one) that way I can see what class of team is considered my level in that particualr game.

Surprised no-one else sees my point on this.

Anyway Cougar, did you find if the "holiday w/o applying for jobs" is there?

I see your point bolulu, if you're talking about after you've built a reputation in the game. I suppose another starting option besides "Sunday League Player" or "International Player" should be "Currently Regionally known manager with a winning average and good goals against average" or something akin to that. In the context of being already known as a manager I think your idea makes sense. But not from the beginning as a retired player. Nobody yet knows you're even interested in management.

Anyway Cougar, did you find if the "holiday w/o applying for jobs" is there?

I had a quick look and you can't select it whilst employed and I can't try it whilst being unemployed atm.

I did notice though that there were also options for applying to "Big", "Medium" & "Small" teams which would limit the applications being sent if thats what you want.

I'll say it again though - Why does it matter to you that you apply for all the jobs available? It makes zero difference in game (It doesn't make you look stupid) and if you don't feel like taking the job on offer you can still turn it down.

It really is a non-issue as far as I can see.

There is no option to just return from holidays when offered a job without previously applied for this. Speaking in terms of start as unemployed, i would fall off my chair if i received an offer as a sunday league manager the first day of a new save. It is better to go to the job centre and have a look on the available jobs, then apply to some and wait the next day's answers.

Archived