Trained at club/nation(0-21) bug/glitch!

Hi guys!

I encountered this bloody bug today.

I’ll explain how this bug works one more time. It’s simple as hell.

1) Let’s say you are managing any English club.

2) You buying French player 17 years old – He hasn’t any status yet. Column with status is empty.

3) After spent 3 year at club he is eligible for both status “Trained at club (0-21)” and “Trained at club (15-21)”.

Game engine always decides to give him “Trained at club (0-21)” status but when you are register players for Euro Cup such status doesn’t count as Home-grown.

It makes game totally unplayable in long term because a lot of problems starting appear mostly noticeable it’s Euro Cup registration. Please don’t say it is not big deal because it is really big deal and ruin all game balance.

I can use FMRTE to make some kind of fix players in my team but if players have bugged “Trained at club (0-21)” status I can only make him “Trained in nation (15-21)” by using FMRTE but anyway I can’t fix ALL PLAYERS in other clubs and it brings huge disbalance in game because I able to fix my players and it makes my players reserve much deeper then other clubs have and it will give me advantage.

I was very surprised when found this threads:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287954-Home-Grown-players-bug-(0-21)-Champions-Leaue-squad-bug-is-this-fixed-in-FM12

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287382-Homegrown-player-status-issue

This glitch was reported about year ago… how come it still isn’t fixed because such bug must have top priority because it has huge impact on game balance it isn’t something cosmeticall!

If you sign youngsters, dont loan them out and they should get 15-21 trained at club I think.

If you loan them out to a club in the same nation they will end up 0-21, this counts as trained in nation.

If you loan them out to a league abroad they wont get 15-21 or 0-21 homegrown.

I think to be safe you need to keep them at your club until it says 15-21 trained at club.

If you sign youngsters, dont loan them out and they should get 15-21 trained at club I think.

If you loan them out to a club in the same nation they will end up 0-21, this counts as trained in nation.

If you loan them out to a league abroad they wont get 15-21 or 0-21 homegrown.

I think to be safe you need to keep them at your club until it says 15-21 trained at club.

baboyray, every time when I find someone report about this bug there is always person who telling this stuff like you about loans blah blah blah… please check to links I posted above and don’t repeat it all over again.

THIS IS 100% BUG! There is no such status in game like (0-21)!

If you want make sure about it:

1) Start new game.

2) Try to find any player in game who has status (0-21)

3) You won’t find any !

Now play 3-4 season or go on holiday for this period and you’ll find that a lot of new regens in all clubs have this bugged status!

Guys, I find many threads with features requests for FM 2013 but facts like presence such serious bugs in game for years clearly shows what potential and ability SI has and it’s very poor. I don’t know maybe because piracy.

I never was fun of some kind protection like Steam or something like that but now I see it’s necessary because such things show that SI has very limited resources even with Steam.

Such bugs making game unplayable and unbalanced only in long term if you play more then 10 seasons and I guess there is only one reason why all player’s community don’t scream about this bug it’s because 90% playing not more then few seasons and then start new game and trying different leagues and clubs.

Ok, Found this thread and this post. Looks like ridiculous bug and easy to fix so why still isn't fixed?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/267039-Trained-at-Club

Actually, the trained in nation (0-21) is a bug. In the bug fix forum a member of SI staff actually suggests using FMRTE to edit (in the player's relationship tab) the field from trained in nation/club (0-21) to the (15-21) version. The 0-21 works for premiership but not Europe. The odd thing is they cover the same thing really, so only one field is needed. Players should all be assigned the 15-21 one, but I guess if a player qualifies for 0-21 first (due to being generated at 14 and staying in the same country) he picks up that rather redundant one (how many players will qualify for it and not the other?) and is thus blocked from the latter one incorrectly. The premiership allows anyone with either to be home grown, Europe specifically needs the 15-21.

I had players that had spent their entire career in England, were 23 years old and should have counted counting in the premiership but not Europe until I went to report the bug, saw it had been reported and that workaround had been suggested. (it's in the competitions -> Europe thread in FM11 bugs.)

As I understand when player eligible for two status “Trained nation/club (0-21)” and “Trained nation/club (15-21)” at some point of time just need to set priority (15-21) above (0-21) and it’s all problem is solved… is it so hard to code?

One more thread with official excuses - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302261-Player-s-from-same-nation-as-club-(Green-HG)-on-Euro-Squad-not-working-still!-ARGHHH

I was ok if this bug came with latest patches or something but for God's sake it was reported an year ago! - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/267039-Trained-at-Club Post Date "05-06-2011 19:42"

2) You buying French player 17 years old – He hasn’t any status yet. Column with status is empty.

3) After spent 3 year at club he is eligible for both status “Trained at club (0-21)” and “Trained at club (15-21)”.

Game engine always decides to give him “Trained at club (0-21)” status but when you are register players for Euro Cup such status doesn’t count as Home-grown.

OMG! There’re a lot of ways how to fix. I won’t believe SI doesn’t have resources to do it!

Players aged 15 or 16 won't have 'trained at club/nation 15-21' as they haven't been 15 or older for enough years to qualify. The screenshot shows most players are 15 or 16 so these players won't be able to be 15-21 but only 0-21. From what I can see there is nothing wrong.

I’ve deleted screenshot from my first post because when I started this thread I had wrong understanding of this bug.

This post explain it correctly.

One more thread with official excuses - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302261-Player-s-from-same-nation-as-club-(Green-HG)-on-Euro-Squad-not-working-still!-ARGHHH

I was ok if this bug came with latest patches or something but for God's sake it was reported an year ago! - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/267039-Trained-at-Club Post Date "05-06-2011 19:42"

OMG! There’re a lot of ways how to fix. I won’t believe SI doesn’t have resources to do it!

They wont fix it, they have been falsely claiming they have fixed it and its ridiculous, someone should report this if i knew where to do this i would, ive got to wait for FM13 but i defo wont be buying until they have confirmed it has been fixed and if i buy this to only find out they have lied to me i will defo be getting on to watchdog about this, This bug is an embarrassment for SI and i cant believe they and Sega are allowing this kind of thing in there product,

They wont fix it, they have been falsely claiming they have fixed it and its ridiculous, someone should report this if i knew where to do this i would, ive got to wait for FM13 but i defo wont be buying until they have confirmed it has been fixed and if i buy this to only find out they have lied to me i will defo be getting on to watchdog about this, This bug is an embarrassment for SI and i cant believe they and Sega are allowing this kind of thing in there product,
As far as I can see SI said they'd fix it for future versions. Since the next version is out in the next few months it probably isn't worth their while trying to fix this for FM12. Frustrating I know but understandable for a game that's released every 12 months, especially if it needed a patch to sort.

I've been lucky enough not to have encountered this problem so far and this was the first I'd heard of it. Sorry to hear you're struggling Clearcut.

What league you use Goaltie ?, Every save i have used ends up with about 60 % of regen players useless for euro registration??
Generally just the big 3, England, Italy, Spain. The furthest I've been on this version is 2023 so maybe I need to play further, or maybe I've just been lucky.

I must admit i havent really come across this at all, i have two saves both over 20 seasons now. However i rarely loan anyone out until they are 20/21 so i guess by the time they go on loan they have already qualified. Dont think i have noticed any issue with this with the AI as well to be honest but i always find most AI clubs carry tiny squads anyway so registering them all is rarely an issue for them and using the remaining spaces for kids is never an issue for them.

I must admit i havent really come across this at all, i have two saves both over 20 seasons now. However i rarely loan anyone out until they are 20/21 so i guess by the time they go on loan they have already qualified. Dont think i have noticed any issue with this with the AI as well to be honest but i always find most AI clubs carry tiny squads anyway so registering them all is rarely an issue for them and using the remaining spaces for kids is never an issue for them.

Player search filtered for home-grown in nation won't yield a very small number of players?

I've never come across it until the last couple of seasons in my FM11 save when I moved to a Premier league club and its made worse by AI clubs not following registration rules, although this may have been fixed for FM12.

I'm not one to make mountains out of molehills but in all my years playing FM this has to be one of the most game breaking bugs that has affected me directly and I'm really disappointed it wasn't fixed for FM12.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this issue in my save as well. I'm in 2019/2020 as Arsenal and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain has been at English clubs his whole career (Southampton, Arsenal and I loaned him to Milwall a few times) and when it comes to register my champions league squad he doesn't count as trained in nation or trained at club. For my Premier League squad he does count as trained in nation.

Archived