Championship Manager Decade Pack

Definitely!

Why?

FM games tend to be more like updates with improvements each version so having multiple versions is a bit pointless IMO.

Aside from that why would you want a game that is 10-20 years old that has had a number of versions released since then?

Urm so basically as you can probably gather I wouldn't be buying it even if I didn't already own them.

Instead of the old ones, I'd like a tick box version of FM. So we can turn off the tedious press conferences, pre-match screens etc. Anything to get the game playing at a decent pace rather than the 'asthmatic sloth in molasses' nature of the current games.

I've owned every game since CM92 on the Amiga and I still have most of them now. Every so often I fire up an old game after a wave of nostalgia grabs me (usually it's because I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and I want to go back to when we were good again!) and play it for a couple of hours. I get bored very quickly though and despite what people say about enjoying the game when it was simpler and there was less features the simple fact is that modern day Football Manager is just better.

I wouldn't really be interested in playing the games with the old databases - imagine the changes that have taken place in the football World over the past 15 odd years - playing on such an old databases loses all relevance to the modern game.

What I've said ever since I first played FM2011 is that if you had a game with the "front end" and engine of CM 01/02 but with the competitions and player database updated to reflect the modern day game then I think the publisher would have a hit on their hands. CM 01/02 had a "warmness" that despite it's extra features, FM hasn't been able to re-create, in my opinion. As a game CM /01/02 was deep without being overbearing, which the modern FM games sometimes come across as. It would be great to be able to play CM01/02 but with changes in the modern game reflected, eg up to date players, expanded Champions League, Europa League, Chelsea and certain Russian clubs swimming in money, Spain actually any good at tournaments etc.

I wouldn't really be interested in playing the games with the old databases - imagine the changes that have taken place in the football World over the past 15 odd years - playing on such an old databases loses all relevance to the modern game.

What I've said ever since I first played FM2011 is that if you had a game with the "front end" and engine of CM 01/02 but with the competitions and player database updated to reflect the modern day game then I think the publisher would have a hit on their hands. CM 01/02 had a "warmness" that despite it's extra features, FM hasn't been able to re-create, in my opinion. As a game CM /01/02 was deep without being overbearing, which the modern FM games sometimes come across as. It would be great to be able to play CM01/02 but with changes in the modern game reflected, eg up to date players, expanded Champions League, Europa League, Chelsea and certain Russian clubs swimming in money, Spain actually any good at tournaments etc.

Agree with this 100%.

Archived