Just signed Ched Evans for Hearts - unavailable - school boy error?

Just signed Ched Evans on a free for Hearts and his status is 'unavailable' so I cannot pick him. Something clicked in my brain about this guy and a quick google search came up with a conviction of rape!

What the hell do I do now - offered him £3k per week and I cannot play him.....aaaahhhhhh

He won't accept a mutual termination and releasing him on a free will cost me £600,000. What a nightmare, can anyone suggest a way to get shot of him?

Try and get him to hate you so then he will want to leave. Could result in him agreeing to leave without compensation. If not, reload an alternative save?

I'm using the LFC Marshall update from FM Base, I think thats what may have happened. Looks like mutual termination is me best bet

Pretty sure LFC set him the same way.

Short of making him hate you so much he wants to leave you can only terminate. On the other hand, isolating him could have an adverse affect on the rest of the squad.

Try and get him to hate you so then he will want to leave. Could result in him agreeing to leave without compensation. If not, reload an alternative save?

Change his squad status to not needed

List him for free

Move him to Reserves squad

Fine him 2 weeks wages

Then try mutual termination

The only thing you have to worry about is the morale of the rest of the squad

Change his squad status to not needed

List him for free

Move him to Reserves squad

Fine him 2 weeks wages

Then try mutual termination

The only thing you have to worry about is the morale of the rest of the squad

But you CAN'T fine people for no reason any more. I wish you could - would make it as easy as it is in real life to sell somebody who you don't want.

But you CAN'T fine people for no reason any more. I wish you could - would make it as easy as it is in real life to sell somebody who you don't want.

To be honest, if he's not playing games he will want to leave pretty soon.

On another note, always have a 3 rolling save.

Oh didn't know that, to be honest I don't fine players for no reason so didn't know it had been removed

Oh didn't know that, to be honest I don't fine players for no reason so didn't know it had been removed

You used to be able to. Now you can only fine a player when the game sees fit. Which I personally think is b*****ks

By the way, I was at Sheff Utd in my last save and he could play no problem. So I don't know why he's unavailable on some people's games?!

You used to be able to. Now you can only fine a player when the game sees fit. Which I personally think is b*****ks

By the way, I was at Sheff Utd in my last save and he could play no problem. So I don't know why he's unavailable on some people's games?!

Without the inclusion of the PFA it isn't really fair to include things like unwarranted fines in my opinion.

As for the question, he will only be unavailable for people using third party databases that have up to date transfers and data.

I would just keep him.

The British justice system will make sure he is released in time for your next season. ;)

On another note did he have an agent or did you have to jump in the car and go to the jail to get his John Hancock?

On a more serious note I would not try to get him to hate you as there is a good chance you will upset the rest of the squad.

Stick him in the reserves and wait for him to come to you,I take it you signed him as a first team member or key player so it wont take long before he gets upset at getting no games and then tell him he is not in your plans.

After that start offering him a mutual consent.

I would just keep him.

The British justice system will make sure he is released in time for your next season. ;)

On another note did he have an agent or did you have to jump in the car and go to the jail to get his John Hancock?

On a more serious note I would not try to get him to hate you as there is a good chance you will upset the rest of the squad.

Stick him in the reserves and wait for him to come to you,I take it you signed him as a first team member or key player so it wont take long before he gets upset at getting no games and then tell him he is not in your plans.

After that start offering him a mutual consent.

OK, I'll try sticking him in the reserves and see what happens. Dont want to offer on a free as it'll cost me a fortune around £600,000.

Can't believe I signed him - should have known it was too good to be true!

To make you feel a little better, I signed Csaba Ponczok in Hungary, then found out he had a season long ban for Matchfixing (In the actual database), I had hired him on a three year contract, I was gutted, but when he came back it was straight into my team 78 apps, 18 goals & 27 assists later and I was happy.

It has taught me to look at profile screens before every signing.

Archived