Ridiculous result...

You know FM is not always realistic... shouldn't be surprised :)

First off he is in 2021, there could have been significant changes to both clubs in that time so you shouldn't expect them to be as they are now in RL.

Secondly with millions of users more matches are played within FM than in RL, therefore the odds are random results will always be seen more often and people are more likely to post them up on websites highlighting them. This is actually also good thing that the game can produce random results such as this.

Thirdly, how do we know the OP isn't using an exploit tactic?

Though the OP doesn't explicitly say so, I don't think this match involved his team, it's just a result he noticed so saying he might be using an exploit tactic is probably wrong.

No, absolutely no exploit tactics, and I don't even know what grid press is! I use more or less the same tactic each game, 4-1-2-1-2, balanced/standard, sometimes counter. Higher defensive line and more expressive passing. I have a very solid team that lost in CL finals the season before but sure wasn't expecting this!

2-3-2-1-2 organized like this:

---x---x---

-----x-----

---x---x---

x----x----x

---x---x---

set to attacking with very offensive wingbacks is sort of exploit tactic. My brother and I managed to win CL with Hajduk using such tactic and clubs academy graduates + three Croatian youth players released by other clubs in league. Pace is another thing that helps a lot (my squad is poor but extremely fast). That said our 3-1 win against Real Madrid looks pathetic compared to your magnificent trashing of Barcelona.

Archived