Bath City 2nd Season...

Personally to me you need free loans due to a lack of budget. You may get the odd Premier League player willing to come but there will be more Championship players interested. I would go on your player search, untick realistic transfers, tick regular loans and search for listed for loan.

It may also be worth remembering that you need the players with the best current ability rather than future ability so going for players that are aged 19+ is more likely to help you this season. Don't forget to scout though before you sign anyone!

Ah right yes. Ok, I'll go have a look!

Ok, so once I find someone, scout them, and do I only then sign the player if they have a high current ability and the scout says that they would be a good signing? - I'm not sure if my the staff that does the scouting is any good..? O_o

edit: wait, so I should tick the unrealistic transfers so that they are excluded right?

You should have unrealistic transfers unticked as most players who will come on loan wouldn't want to come permanently. You should tick the unrealistic regular loans box as you can then see who will join on loan.

I'm not sure how good your squad is/isn't but you want to be signing players that are at least good for league 2 or better. This should come up on the report when you open it in the top right hand box. If the scout doesn't tell you then he is useless and needs to be on his bike.

The main attributes for a good scout are Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential and Determination. If the attributes for these 3 are all in single figures (all below 10) then you could do with a better one.

Hard to judge when you are in your second season ... but there are loads of very good players on free transfer even for BSS or BSP teams. I am still in my first season as Bath City, and have managed to get some real gems for my team. Sadly the squad that existed when I arrived is sucking my wage budget dry. Hoping to unload some of them in the January transfer window. I can usually find much better players who are willing to sign for a third of what my existing players want.

Another good tip is to ask your chairman to setup links for a parent club.

Tell him it would be beneficial regards signing players on loan without paying wages.

If he declines try and persuade him by saying you can't compete without this and it should sway it in your favour.

Unless you have a chairman with a massive lack of ambition

Ahh nice stormen! I think I'll be in need of a new striker, just coming up to the end of the 2nd season..

I've tryed 3 times to get a parent club, and no luck! -.- My chairman does no seem to want to do anything...

Yeah in FM12, the Bath City chairman does not seem to like parent clubs ... in two saves, I have no managed to get one yet. Just got a feeder club in the BSS though. I never really understood why though. In a club that will run on a deficit almost every season (unless you manage something spectacular in the cups or make many high-profile pre-season friendlies), they should jusmp at the opportunity to get a free friendly against a higher rep. local team, and a fistful of cash. Who wouldn't want 10k a year for doing nothing?

Yeah in FM12, the Bath City chairman does not seem to like parent clubs ... in two saves, I have no managed to get one yet. Just got a feeder club in the BSS though. I never really understood why though. In a club that will run on a deficit almost every season (unless you manage something spectacular in the cups or make many high-profile pre-season friendlies), they should jusmp at the opportunity to get a free friendly against a higher rep. local team, and a fistful of cash. Who wouldn't want 10k a year for doing nothing?

Yeah exactly, I manged to persuade them when asking the board, but now the chairman, chairwomen actually :p.. says she doesn't see any point in creating links with other clubs at this time -.-..

Hmmm, might try for a feeder club, but don't think it would be too much use to me at the moment =L

I've managed to get some pre-season friendlies against the likes of Bolton twice, and that was one of the only times there was no deficit!

Archived