Wage limit question

I'm currently managing AC Milan. I'm trying to give some players contract extensions. I'm going through some ridiculous wage caps. I have $800,000 a week left to play with in my wage budget, yet the maximum wage that I can offer a first team player is 80k a week. I'm way under budget, yet am only allowed to offer peanuts for wages. Any ideas?

thanks

Have you got any incoming transfers? Pre-contracts agreed or transfers agreed for the next window? Even with a large difference in your wage budget the board won't allow anymore to occur as they realise the incoming transfers will have an affect.

This is seen by using Dortmund, first season. The impending transfers of Bittencourt and Reus prevent you buying anyone as the board limits the wage amount you can offer.

From another post I responsed to. Most likely your problem, or your funds are low.

So I have no choice, and have to let Ibrahimovic and Mexes and a few others leave on a free transfer, even though I've been way under my wage budget all season? That sucks. I have the option of signing Benzema on a free transfer as a replacement, but can only offer him 85k a week on first team wages. Is there anything I can do?

I have had the same problem as the OP putting a silly limit on wage negotiations when way, way below budget.. It is annoying and undermines the manager's right to run the club his way.

I would emphasize that in my problem games, I was way below wage budget & there was nothing on the horizon that was likely to bring any financial hazard to the club. So the "board has a responsibilty to maintain safe financial position" is not an excuse for stopping reasonable wage negotiations.

Archived