Introducing Andre Hne

drtrick

On the 28th of November, 2019, on the island of Lifu[sic], New Caledonia, Andre Hne was born to a Welsh mother and a French/New Caledonian father.

Fast forward to 2036, and somehow 17 year old Andre has found himself 10,095 miles away from his birth place on other side of the world in the small Welsh town of Bala where he has been signed up for trials at twelve times European and World Club Champions Bala Town FC.

After a week of training with Bala's under-19s side, assistant manager Lionel Messi judges Andre not to be good enough to make the grade so things don't look good for Andre's footballing future.

On the final day of the trials, as fortune would have it, Bala Town manager Drtrick is passing by the training pitch just as Andre miss-kicks a cross and lobs goalkeeping coach, and fomer Bala Town great, Michael Vaclavik, from 35 yards, the ball flying into the top left corner of the net. Mistaking this amazing goal as an intentional effort, Drtrick signs him up for the youth team immediately, and thus begins the career of Andre Hne, the only professional footballer from New Caledonia.

Meet Andre Hne:

at17.png

at17inf.png

My Assistant Manager isn't very impressed, but i overruled him:

at17messireport.png

The only New Caledonian in my game currently:

lonesomeandre.png

Fingers crossed that's who chooses to play for. ;)

He's far from good enough to even get into my under 19s side, but i'm going to keep him around and use him as a bench warmer / squad player when he turns professional, and hopefully see him become New Caledonia's star player (which shouldn't be too difficult, given the competiton he faces for the title, haha).

To date, Andre's only goal in a Bala shirt came in a 6 - 0 victory for the Reserve team against Bangor City Reserves:

[video=youtube_share;qHQjZczMRYo]

Somewhat reminiscent of the (make believe) goal he scored to secure his place in my youth set up.

Andre's first full season at the club was pretty awful. Only making 2 starts (11 appearances in total) and scoring just two goals. The one in the previous post, and this one (with his wrong foot) against the 2037's Youth Candidates:

[video=youtube_share;RU-LUc6vte8]

The lack of games seems to have hindered his progress, so i've decided to take control of my under-19s side to make sure he gets plenty of opportunities.

He's yet to decide on a national side, i'm hoping his lack of quality will mean the Wales and France managers will not pick him.

Since i took over the under-19s side, Andre has been doing much better.

I play a 4-3-3 throughout my team. In the senior squad, the middle centre forward tends to score the most goals of the three so i've made Andre Hne the central striker.

He has currently scored four goals in his six under-19s games, not as many as the superior strikers either side of him but a good start.

[video=youtube_share;tfA90gyy-qY]

[video=youtube_share;yeSSOPq3sQc]
[video=youtube_share;LEHehlfqXkg]

Unfortunately, the Wales under-19s manager called him up for a friendly against Greece and he played the final ten minutes. His information screen still tells me he is undecided on who to play for though, so hopefully New Caledonia will notice him.

They play a fair number of games, and do surprisingly well for a team that only uses grey players:

newcaledoniafixtures2036.png

They do well in their qualifying group anyway, they got absolutely pummelled in the Confederations Cup this season.

edit: just looking through their fixtures since the start of my game, they have a player scoring in 2011 who scored in a game in 2036 (Ramon Kauma) and when i click on both i get the same grey player profile saying he's 18, haha.

Archived