Purchased new laptop - do I reinstall FM12 using Steam

Hi guys, I have just purchased a new lappy and wondered how I go about installing fm on it. Its currently installed on my old laptop and desktop.

Do I just reinstall via steam?

Yes, download and install Steam.

Then login and go to your Library and it will give you the option of downloading & installing FM.

Alternatively if you have the disc there is a way of installing from it but you would need to check how - its not as simple as just entering the code again.

EDIT

Link for installing via the disc: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382

This is why I love steam (i know a lot of people don't) No matter how many new computers I go through I will always have my FM games.

Same here, I was never keen on the idea of cloud computing but Steam opened me to the idea really, now I can't wait for the day where I can log onto any computer and have all my stuff readily available.

you'll still have to transfer the Save Games over. FM Saves dont get stored on teh Steam Server.

I'm aware of that but i'd rather lose a save game than have to buy another game because i've already used the product code. With steam no matter which computer you use, you can have that game re-downloaded to the computer your using.

I also have a USB drive that I transfer a save to quite often just in case my comp dies, so it's win win (with regards to FM). I'd still be annoyed if my comp died lol.

Archived