Why can I not ask to increase capacity or for a new stadium...?

Afternoon All,

I am still playing FM11 and am in 2035 now. I am West Ham United and am the most successful team to play in all compeitians winning the Premier League over 20 times, The Champions League 18 times, The FA Cup and Leage Cup 17 times and we are the richest club in the world.

However, In about 2015 we moved into a new Stadium "The West Ham Stadium" which boasts 65,000 capacity which was great, however we now have nearly 50,000 season ticket holders, 99% of time we fill our ground, however when I go to the board, the options for asking to expand or ask for new stadium (20 years is probably not long enough in a ground) is not there.

Any idea why? Or how I can get a more seats as I am currently loosing money every month due to the wage bill etc. If it wasnt for the youth players coming through which I am selling we would be in the Red?

Any idea's guys?

Thanks

JP

I understand why SI put it in, but I don't think the manager should have the opportunity to ask for ground increases. It's the board's job to ensure that the club runs sustainably (and maybe even profitably). It's your job as manager to get the best team you can within the resources the club allows you. If I was on the board I'd be looking to restrict your wage bill, if I'm honest :D

I understand why SI put it in, but I don't think the manager should have the opportunity to ask for ground increases. It's the board's job to ensure that the club runs sustainably (and maybe even profitably). It's your job as manager to get the best team you can within the resources the club allows you. If I was on the board I'd be looking to restrict your wage bill, if I'm honest :D

It's just posing the question, I don't see a reason a manager can't do that. It's not like he has any say in it.

Archived