Can you train a player to be better with their weaker foot?

Hi all,

I tried to search for this on the forum but didnt see anything so I'm posting a new thread. Apologies if I have missed a thread already about this...

Does anyone know if it is possible to train a player so that their weaker foot rating improves.

ie. if a player is very strong with his right and very weak with his left, can we train them to improve the left foot rating and if so, what training would that be? technique?

any ideas?

cheers,

matt

maybe early via tutoring by someone who is good with the particular foot you want improved on your youngster.. otherwise I dont think so or maybe it improves a bit in time if he doesn't avoid using it.

I dont really know if its possible. I didnt check that after tutoring.

I think that players improve in that part. I've had players loosing skill in their weaker foot when declining due to lower ball control training and lack of matches. So probably training has some influence over it.

You can't have, thats not true.

It can't be trained btw.

Many footballers do train their weakest foot on a regular basis, specially if their playing position would benefit greatly from being two-footed. And with training, many of them clearly get better. I myself got slowly but steadily better with my left foot back when I trained as a footballer. So why isn't this possible, or incorporated into the FM training? Seems like a very odd omission to me. I haven't looked into this though, so can't say if it ever happens or not. It would require a tool like FM Scout or FMRTE, to be able to monitor changes, as the proficiency with either foot is divided into 20 levels, like most other abilities are, but the players profiles says only "strong", "very strong" etc.

Many footballers do train their weakest foot on a regular basis, specially if their playing position would benefit greatly from being two-footed. And with training, many of them clearly get better. I myself got slowly but steadily better with my left foot back when I trained as a footballer. So why isn't this possible, or incorporated into the FM training? Seems like a very odd omission to me. I haven't looked into this though, so can't say if it ever happens or not. It would require a tool like FM Scout or FMRTE, to be able to monitor changes, as the proficiency with either foot is divided into 20 levels, like most other abilities are, but the players profiles says only "strong", "very strong" etc.

It doesn't happen on FM because been able to train footedness would give people a major advantage due to how over powered 2 footed players are in the game.

It doesn't happen on FM because been able to train footedness would give people a major advantage due to how over powered 2 footed players are in the game.

Depends on position - I'd like to be able to un-train my otherwise good two footed goal keeper I got through the youth system. :)

Archived