Rare dribbling style in 3D

Mo.AMM

Hey lads

In FM11 I once watched a Olympics Final and noticed that an Argentinian regen had a style of dribbling I have never before seen in FM.

It looked like he was doing all kinds of step-overs and tricks in the 3D engine it looked very flashy and cool, I bought him immediately after that game and he continued to do the same kind of dribbling for my team.

Has anyone else ever seen this kind of dribbling in FM?

I think a player needs 18+ flair and dribbling before he does all the flashy stuff.

Hmmmm.. along the FM versions and years I had few players with players dribbling 16-17-18-19 but I have seen seen a dribbling within the field...

I think a player needs 18+ flair and dribbling before he does all the flashy stuff.

This could be true but I'd have to say that I've only seen it once so far and I've had a few players with 18+ flair.

Maybe there is some kind of extra hidden attribute or something which makes the player special.

To see if the game can reproduce dribbling just buy Cristiano Ronaldo with FMRTE, give him 20 everywhere and play him for few matches.

If you see dribbling the game acts fine if you do not see at least one dribbling the game can't reproduce dribbling within 3d field.

Yup, in FM2011 I had a player who did this constantly, he had 18 flair as I recall.

repost of him in action

[video=youtube;oL4m4Bnllbw]

Yeah that's exactly the kind of dribble my regen made with the step-overs.

Could you post his stats and ppm's?

I remember a thread about this same topic a while ago, and I'm pretty sure the answer was that the player needs a minimum of 18 flair to dribble like that. If I remember correctly people had different regens attempting this dribbling style even in the lower leagues, and the only thing common to each was their high flair.

I have a young winger who does stuff like that constantly and he doesn't have the tries tricks PPM.

Could you please post a short video showing the dribbling ?

It seems the most rare feature in FM, it is kind a easter egg more than a rare feature.

How did you trigger it out ?

Thx

Could you please post a short video showing the dribbling ?

It seems the most rare feature in FM, it is kind a easter egg more than a rare feature.

How did you trigger it out ?

Thx

Sorry, I don't do videos.

Trigger it out? I just signed him at 19yo and he has always done it. He is now 23yo and a squad player - If I remember I'll upload a pic of his attributes later.

Sorry, I don't do videos.

Trigger it out? I just signed him at 19yo and he has always done it. He is now 23yo and a squad player - If I remember I'll upload a pic of his attributes later.

Thank you.

I think you pressed some secret key combo because noone seems to have ever seen dribbling in decades of FM careers.

This happened all the time in FM11 with players with high flair/dribbling. I only watched replays in 3d and see it all the time. Then again I have done 28 years and managed players that do this for the whole of their career :D. I will mayb e post some vids in a couple of days if I remember to and if I cba cos it would mean trawling through an old backup save to find the clips...

EDIT - For now I do have a screenshot of the guy that I remember doing it the most. He also banged in all my*** Free-Kicks***

lvaro_Profile_Attributes.png

***http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302418-Free-Kick-goals***

I don't have a save from when I was managing him, only from before and after I was at Aston Villa. But these should help you a little.

Stats and PPMs at age 18 Stats PPMs

Stats and PPMs at age 29 Stats PPMs

Hey thanks a lot m8, I'll be searching for players with high flair and dribbling in my game and try to see if they can do the same.

my player is so often do this in the fm2012 game.

it reminds me of the ronaldo luis nazario de lima, zidane, and ronaldinho.

if i am not wrong, this ppm is called by the "tries tricks" in the fm2006-2008.

if you want the real rare ppm, read my post below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315923-PPM-In-The-3D-Match-Engine-That-You-Didn-t-Notice-%28FM2012%29?p=8100733#post8100733

I have never seen a single dribbling in dozens of seasons among FM7-8-9-10-11-12.

Maybe it would be the case to add this feature to the 3D match engine.

Who needs dribbling to make players come alive and feel different? That's not something SI cares about, unfortunately, and that's why we'll never see different styles of football - and that's what proper improvements should be about. Every team in FM, no matter the country, plays the same, the only differenceis the tactics.

think you have either completely misread what dribbling is ... or you just aren't reading other peoples replies...

I still have anyway to see a video showing a FM player perform a dribbling.

Could you/all please post one/a few, so that I can make up my mind ?

Thanks in advance

Let's not forget that it takes a good coach to learn moves, but it's not everything, and ofcourse it takes training to develop other attributes like crossing. I haven't had much experience in training (there so are many areas in FM that every user has to explore, it is natural that there is no clear view in what really happens with dribbling).

Ravel Morrison used to do the flashy sort of dribbling for me on FM11. (I've never had him on FM12)

He had high flair (and dribbling I think) but he also had the PPM 'runs with ball often'

I'd like the PPM 'tries tricks' to be enabled on FM, because players like Adel Taarabt don't do any of the things on the FM match engine from time to time, that you'd expect them to try in real life.

I consider a dribbling when a player can pass over an opponent player with the ball between his feet.

The one in the video to me is not a dribbling.

Just to be sure that " dribbling " has the same meaning in my and your country this is how you tube means for dribbling ->

Those aren't dribbles, those are tricks

They can be considered tricks but I can understand that each country has his " own " meaning for dribbling, in fact if you search for " dribbling " within you tube you will find tricks, dribblings all sort of things strictly related to dribbling.

Told that, I am eagerly waiting to see some footage of FM relative to tricks or dribbling because these things are extremely rare in FM to the point we can say they happens once in a decade if you are lucky enough. This is the reason why they should be introduced in FM 3D.

To be clear, take a look at 0:50 where Maradona performs the best dribbling ever seen in football

They can be considered tricks but I can understand that each country has his " own " meaning for dribbling, in fact if you search for " dribbling " within you tube you will find tricks, dribblings all sort of things strictly related to dribbling.

Told that, I am eagerly waiting to see some footage of FM relative to tricks or dribbling because these things are extremely rare in FM to the point we can say they happens once in a decade if you are lucky enough. This is the reason why they should be introduced in FM 3D.

again, the first video shows step overs, they are already in the game. Who says we can say they happen once in a decade? In FM11 it was almost every match with the right player, potentially the same in FM12 if you get the right one, I never had one.

Maybe your trying to get at making it happen more often or to be less reliant on some of the 'rarer' attributes.

Maradona's dribbling seen there can happen in the game fine.

I have never seen a video of FM reproducing something like that or at least something somehow similar... a video would be appreciated.

All he does is knock the ball past his opponents a lot.

It seems simple to do ? Please bear in mind Maradona has been the best player in the world maybe with Pelè so it is not so banal as you say. I call them dribbling and also You tube calls then dribbling. We can maybe discuss if FM can reproduce them or if FM would benefit from reproducing them at least once in a season.

I think in the majority of countries this is a 'dribble'. I am only trying to make the point as if it was something you wanted to send to SI to look into then dribbling is the wrong word to do, you mean tricks while dribbling.

It would be interesting to see what animations are activated if the players has the tricks ppm learnt.

The step-over-while running thingy I had with dozens of players in FM11, so much that it was annoying and looked dumb.

In FM12 I haven't seen it, and since I have had the same players there (Robinho for instance) I am quite sure that SI removed it as a way of running. Maybe highly technical and agile players do it now and then, but all in all FM12 has very few animations showing actual skill on the ball. Going past someone is mostly just a matter of Pace and becoming etherealized so that they glide through players like a ghost... or eventually using the Strength+technique force-field.

just to be clear... dribbling is simply the art of how you run with the ball at your feet...

by rare dribbling i took OP to mean tricks and such...

so there we go

as an example... gareth bale is a world class dribbler... but not necessarily good at tricking with the ball...

The step-over-while running thingy I had with dozens of players in FM11, so much that it was annoying and looked dumb.

In FM12 I haven't seen it, and since I have had the same players there (Robinho for instance) I am quite sure that SI removed it as a way of running. Maybe highly technical and agile players do it now and then, but all in all FM12 has very few animations showing actual skill on the ball. Going past someone is mostly just a matter of Pace and becoming etherealized so that they glide through players like a ghost... or eventually using the Strength+technique force-field.

Clearly a case of a high 'magic' attribute.

Clearly a case of a high 'magic' attribute.

Yeah. Some have a very high "Cause Panic" attribute, making opposition players clear the ball when no-one is near them and they have control of the ball. Even the spectators sometimes burst out in a nervous "oooooh" when the keeper performs a goal-kick, so I know that there's some Jedi mind-tricks going on.

Archived