I think ive found the cause for 0-21 homegrown bug!

Having just recently upgraded my laptop from 32 bit vista to 64 bit windows 7 with a clean install I decided to start a new game of FM 12 as England manager as I would not have my game ruined by the 0-21 homegrown bug that destroyed my 20 year AFC Wimbledon save. Having got to 2018 and getting England to two finals (but not winning:mad:) I decided that my game was done I had had enough of mediocre England players and it is time to just wait for FM13. Before I quit I decided to check out how many players had acquired 0-21 and therefore rendered useless for Europe registration and to my bewilderment I couldn't find a single 0-21 player not one after checking a number of squads I came to the realisation that possibly my upgrade had solved the problem (possibly its 32 bit OS systems or Possibly Vista or possibly a lethal combination of the two).

All I know is i'm well chuffed :D as I can start playing a new game until FM 13 comes out as I was refusing to play with that bug in the game.

Just thought I should let everyone know of my discovery!!

James

I'm in 2017 and I haven't come across the bug. It doesn't always affect you, it seems to strike randomly. I believe SI have discovered the cause and fixed it for FM 2013, but it's something that could not be patched to 2012 without rendering old saves unplayable (Even ones not affected by the bug).

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the right thread but i have a problem with the homegrown registration thing on FM 2011. I'm in year 2036 and have taken Cammell Laird from the Evo-Stik Div 1 North to an established Premier League team and have just qualified for the Europa League. The problem is i cannot seem to play past the European registration point because i don't have enough players 15-21 that were developed by the Club... I only have two.. Is there any way around this? Or any tips/help? It would be a great shame to have to quit the game after playing this one for so long!

Not sure if this is the right thread but i have a problem with the homegrown registration thing on FM 2011. I'm in year 2036 and have taken Cammell Laird from the Evo-Stik Div 1 North to an established Premier League team and have just qualified for the Europa League. The problem is i cannot seem to play past the European registration point because i don't have enough players 15-21 that were developed by the Club... I only have two.. Is there any way around this? Or any tips/help? It would be a great shame to have to quit the game after playing this one for so long!

You can holiday past the date or leave spaces in your squad selection. If you only have 2 HG players you'll need to leave 6 spaces iirc.

Archived