"You're at your most vulnerable right after you score"

I understand that teams that go 1-0 down CAN get an equaliser straight after they kick off, but in football manager this seems to be as common as a jamaican with dreadlocks. I was playing a match today with the almighty Sheffield Wednesday against West ham and it happened to me 3 times! needless to say I lost the game 4-3. I'm just wondering whether this is just a silly... (I don't really want to say "bug" but...) .."bug" or whether its something that tactically I am seriously sucking at! Would like to know if anyone else has experienced a problem like this?

tactics...

the opposition will change their's when going behind and either you are not reacting to it.. or reacting in the wrong way..

after scoring... dont be too quick to park the bus as it draws them onto you... in the same token, don't stick to the same plan, as they will counter it.

after going ahead in a particularly tight match.. i player narrower, more aggressive and fast counters.. but i dont play too defensive..

During the goal replay, use the shouts 'Retain Possession,' 'Pass to Feet,' and 'Hassle Opponents'

That'll help you keep the pressure on the opponent, which might continue to rattle a player with low confidence, as well as keep possession.

I always use the retain possession shout immediately after scoring, and I rarely concede straight after.

You know that after you score -they- get to start with the ball yes? Retain possession is nice anyways, I suppose, after they have ran straight through the one guy trying to stop the attack... Because then you get the ball again from the kick-off mark.

I don't get this against me too often, to be honest. I am good at equalizing very quickly myself, though. I guess it is because my tactic is quite attacking.

I think a problem here is that if your opponent changes their tactics due to being 1-0 down, you really have no way of knowing it unless the formation changes.

My question is, does the ME actually display on the 3D pitch the narrow/wide types of tactical differences of the same formation?

I could never tell the difference.

edit: An idea would be to have the AssMan to say the opposite team is using/changing to narrow width, or pushed up d line, fast tempo etc.

And good AssMans could recommend the right tactical changes, but even without this at least you know what the other team is doing.

Archived