EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right kids,

all i would like to know is how i run a game with the largest number of players available for purchase (ie as big a database as poss) but whilst not compromising on the performance of the processing (is it possible to improve this?)

a quick aside, will my game work better if i transfer it over to an external harddrive which has 4 times more capacity than my laptop internal hard drive?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Niall:

How do you swap a B team? Doesn't seem to work in the same format. I get errors.

Give you an example:

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Porto B" "Zrinjski"

Ako si saznao nešto o toj naredbi javi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Robbie Keane:

ok i have a mac and the way i can create a txt file is by using text edit, yet i cant save the dile with the exstension edt it says i have to call it rtf. could someone please help.

Just save it as a text file, note where you saved it then rename it outwith textedit...

Change retainedplayers.txt to retainedplayers.edt, OS X will ask you if you want to change the filetpye or keep both as .edt.txt you select change to .edt and all should be well....

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by Fedgin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WHUFC 4 eva:

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Carlos" "" "Tevez" "Boca" "West Ham" 3 7 2004 6000000 5 25000

Haha! That'll be right! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

hi, I wanted to test this transfer because I want to make an update during the winterstop for the transfers with the edt files

so this is what i used

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Bosko" "" "Balaban" "Club Brugge KV" "K Lierse SK" 01 01 2007 100 1000 5

and I put it in the map FM2007/data/db/700/edt

am i doing something wrong?

Originally posted by Rushden & Diamonds:

You can't release a player with EDT. Only works club --> club and no club --> club.

okay thanks, and do you maybe know something about the other problem? that according to the club's future transfers the player is comming but at the date he isn't comming :s

I've made an edt file and saved it but am unsure if its saved in the right place and it also doesn't work. could someone offer any advice.

In the db folder, there is another folder with edt files in which is where I saved it. is this the correct place. i also left the edt files ticked in preferences. Is that right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I want to create my own edt file, but i don't know where the original edt file is that i need to add future regens etc to. Can anyone tell me where to look please? and what its called?

Thanks

Originally posted by JB22:

I've made an edt file and saved it but am unsure if its saved in the right place and it also doesn't work. could someone offer any advice.

In the db folder, there is another folder with edt files in which is where I saved it. is this the correct place. i also left the edt files ticked in preferences. Is that right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well, did you edit the database? If you did and you're playing with an edited database, then you need to save the edt-file in your edited database-folder. Normally, I think the game saves your edited database in 'my documents/football manager 2007'.

Originally posted by FootballManagerMike:

I did that, but when I went into the preferences it wasnt there! What did I do wrong? Do I have to give it a specific name?

Make sure you have saved the file as .edt and not .edt.txt (Choose "all files" when saving with notepad). If you're not using the default database you will have to put the file in your custom database folder, usually "My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db\Your Custom DB".

I'm making a .ddt file to retain all the players of every nation (because even on Large setting and with 5 nations selected, the database in 2007 is way too small for my liking). I've created the file ok and the game is finding it; I've also made sure it's ticked before starting a new game. However, it doesn't seem to be retaining any extra players.

The text in the file is “RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS†"AFGHANISTAN"

“RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS†"ALGERIA", etc. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, please?

Originally posted by Sandy_Tait:

Ah, looks like the .ddt and .edt files only work with the Default database;.

Is that the case? icon_eek.gif

If so that sucks for all of us who want to edit the database to bring it closer to real life before enjoying our serious career game.

Originally posted by Ian White:

It's not the case read two or three posts above

I read through the entire thread and totally missed the post just a couple before mine... And who says my observational skills suck? :p

Cheers for pointing the post out, Ian icon_wink.gif

I'm looking for a list of all the commands you can use in edt and ddt files, together with a brief explanation of what they do. The stuff in this thread is scattered around and there is no information regarding what works in which versions of the game.

I think a complete reference guide for the most recent version of the game would be very useful and was quite surprised to find nothing like that despite searching several places. Can someone help me with this?

could somebody please help me? apart from being a birmingham city fan.(you can see why i need help!)i would like to know what is the max transfer budget i can have? and how do i change it? and save it? please help as im a bit thick! also i predict liverpool will smash us for six in the cup! so have your mortgage on it! icon_confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Goal Scorer:

i have done an edt-file for Finland where is more different surenames and also first names. maybe you can use them as part of your namepack? but I have a problem. when i tested it on the game, the letters like Ää, Öö, Åå, showed like something that can't read. do I have to write them to the file some different way so they are right in the game?

I don't have screenshot but maybe you can test those letters in game and you'll see they are not correct. is it because of game don't know these letters. but those names that players that are in the game have their name correct so my self i dont know why its like that. hope you can help!

#UEFA

# Champions League

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1736"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1708"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1775"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "676"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1135"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "865"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "948"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "7500414"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1529"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "915"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1489"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "851"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1871"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1028"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "992"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "981"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1895"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1099"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1100"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1513"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1885"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1569"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "680"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1487"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "505"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1518"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1478"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "602"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "858"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "256"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "967"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "937"

#Uefa Cup

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "824"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1570"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1093"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1090"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1952"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "901"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "728"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "186"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1500"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "475"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1855"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1166"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1759"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1488"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1036"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "545"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "871"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1849"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "827"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1013"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "612"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "476"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1725"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "299"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1510"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "868"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "136156"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "688"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1724"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "2194"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1870"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "152"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "912"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "2206"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1685"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "991"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "983"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1866"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "1573"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "250"

How would you do the sugar daddy edt? i have seen it but i just cant remember it

You wouldnt put this into an edt file. It goes into the init.cfg file. eg,

"SUGAR_DADDY" "Chelsea" which btw is the only one in this file.

# Swapping Watford for Celtic

"SWAP_TEAMS" "732" "1569"

# Ronaldinho in Celtic

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "3301294" "1708" "1569" 01 01 2007 -1 -1

There is something wrong with the future transfer feature in my code, "3301294" is the code of Ronaldinho, "1708" is the code of Barcelona, and "1569" is the code of Celtic. I replaced between Celtic and Watford, works well, but the transfer didn't work, any idea why?

Originally posted by KongFjong:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skanky:

while waiting for the patch, i've made seperate ddt files of the top 2 leagues in england, italy, portugal, brazil, argentina, belgium, france, germany, holland, scotland and spain if anyone wants it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3751985/fm07_ddt_files.rar

Really great jobicon_smile.gif Can I put them on my site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you really want to, sure.

• 3 weeks later...

My EDT and DDT files aren't being recognised in the extra files section at the start of game since I applied the update. I have copied them into the db/700/ and db/701 relevant folders. They are the same files that I used successfully in the pre updated version.

Does anybody have any clues?

Uhum!

Let me answer my own question - now that I've had time to think about it.

I've now placed them in the folder with my edited database.

Guess what - it worked.

As punishment I wont be playing wuth my Wee Wii tonight. I'll be off to the pub instead. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sandy_Tait:

I'm making a .ddt file to retain all the players of every nation (because even on Large setting and with 5 nations selected, the database in 2007 is way too small for my liking). I've created the file ok and the game is finding it; I've also made sure it's ticked before starting a new game. However, it doesn't seem to be retaining any extra players.

The text in the file is “RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS†"AFGHANISTAN"

“RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS†"ALGERIA", etc. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, please?

Doesn't the country name need to be in small letters?

eg "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "China PR"

Originally posted by Qolumbo:

I'm looking for a list of all the commands you can use in edt and ddt files, together with a brief explanation of what they do. The stuff in this thread is scattered around and there is no information regarding what works in which versions of the game.

I think a complete reference guide for the most recent version of the game would be very useful and was quite surprised to find nothing like that despite searching several places. Can someone help me with this?

I'm with Qolumbo. I think it would be quite nice if someone could whip this up, even if only in point form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Skodkim:

Can yoy retain a single player using his Unique Id or name (other than by retaining players from his club)?

\Skodkim

I'm also interested on retaining players without retaining whole team. Is it possible?

Archived