EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunc> Unfortunately, you can't make the lower leagues playable. However, if you are playing in England, retain all the players of that nationality. It makes it a lot more realistic when you go to the clubs because they very rarely have foreign players, and you'll just see a full squad of players rather than grey ones.

The same goes for any other country you want to play in, just retain all of their nationalities' players. icon14.gif

It's the closest you'll get, I'm afraid. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

wigansupporter...i cant get the DDT files to work either...

should they be like this on the notepad:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "ICELAND"

or like this:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS""ICELAND"...this doesn´t really matter since i.ve tried either way and got the same result..nothing...i.ve been trying to get them to work for the last hour...tried everything that is posted here..and got nothing...oh well..just don´t know what to do with myself...

Guest astabooty

what will happen if i move ajax to spain or england since england you need a work permit and in spain the non-eu thing???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vade:

Could someone explain how to deactivate the ddt and edt files? I used the files for a previous game, and now the files keep being loaded for my new game even though I've deleted the files. Extremely frustrating and puzzling to say the least...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem, and I deleted all retains files, un installed the game unpatched it and patched it again, but they're still there. What can I do? icon_confused.gif

Guest Fabrice Leclercq

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Completamente:

wigansupporter...i cant get the DDT files to work either...

should they be like this on the notepad:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "ICELAND"

or like this:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS""ICELAND"...this doesn´t really matter since i.ve tried either way and got the same result..nothing...i.ve been trying to get them to work for the last hour...tried everything that is posted here..and got nothing...oh well..just don´t know what to do with myself...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Iceland"

No CAPITAL letters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bastigol

sorry for posting some dumb quistions, but after reading this tread some things haven't been clear to me (maybe due my poor understanding of the english language)

ok first of all, i want to create a stronger dutch league, so I want to put some Belgian teams in. I understand that i've to do the swapping thing with the clubs i want in and out of my league. After I've done this.. the belgian clubs will be in the dutch league, but with non-existing players icon_confused.gif??? So, i've to do the retain players thing, so the players of the belgian club are also in the dutch league. But now they all have a dutch nationality??? icon_confused.gif Therefore I have to do the retain nationality to keep all the belgian players of that club to be from belgium icon_confused.gif??? But all non belgian players would be still have a dutch nationality?

Am I correct? Or am I completely missing something here?? PLease enlighten me! icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 4. How do I make them and where do they go?

EDT and DDT files are created in notepad. When you go into notepad, and have finished typing in your commands, click File. Then, click Save. In the dialog box that appears, select “All Files†for the file type (this option is near the bottom). Then, type in whateveryouwant.edt or whateveryouwant.ddt (obviously changing “whateveryouwant†to something more memorable).

Save them in the “C:\Program Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\db†directory (where “C:\†is the letter of your hard drive). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok now wishing to sound like a thicko here but i would a few simple questions answered.

1. where is the "notepad" you mention, and how or what do i need to do to retain players?

2. Will it work with an update that i have on my game ?

my game is loaded using the normal system (i.e. C drive/program files etc etc.

A nice step-by-step guide would be very helpful, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im not sure whether I am doing it right.

I cre8 a DDT file contianing

for example:

"RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYERS" "China PR"

and started a new game.

There is still no enough player in the China squad.

Do I have to wait until there is more 150 chinese player to manage China?

Does the DDT work with a saved game?

for example:

and started a new game.

for example:

and started a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Laxly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 4. How do I make them and where do they go?

EDT and DDT files are created in notepad. When you go into notepad, and have finished typing in your commands, click File. Then, click Save. In the dialog box that appears, select “All Files†for the file type (this option is near the bottom). Then, type in whateveryouwant.edt or whateveryouwant.ddt (obviously changing “whateveryouwant†to something more memorable).

Save them in the “C:\Program Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\db†directory (where “C:\†is the letter of your hard drive). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok now wishing to sound like a thicko here but i would a few simple questions answered.

1. where is the "notepad" you mention, and how or what do i need to do to retain players?

2. Will it work with an update that i have on my game ?

my game is loaded using the normal system (i.e. C drive/program files etc etc.

A nice step-by-step guide would be very helpful, thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Notepad can be found by either going to Start > Run > notepad or by looking in your Accessories menu. icon14.gif

2. It will work with updates, as long as there are no contradictory inputs in any files that came with the update.

First I though "why not use the editor?", but I can see the idea of altering the data without doing so in the editor. One thing I find particularly interesting is the ability to retain all players of a certain nation, although from what I can see in these comments it does not seem to work for many. I have on question, however, since don't thrust editor-changes like these, and they would have to be important for me to make them:

What exact impact would it have if I had the English leagues to Conference in full detail and use the command "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "England"? The same; what if I had all Italian league to SERIE C in full detail and used the command "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Italy"? Because I would like more English and Italian players, but I am sure that most of them are already in the game when the leagues are all selected and in full detail. And I know that many players in non-league are already shown, so I was wondering exactly how many more players the game would show . . .

wigansupporter: You can always change the 'Always open program ...' option by browsing in any directy and the choosing 'Functions', 'Directory settings', and the chosing the banner saying 'File types' and finding your filetype. There, you can alter the program opening the file or simply remove it.

I am not sure what the names of the option I decribed to you will be in the English version of Windows, as mine is in Danish - so I have loosely translated it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nostradumbass:

The guide doesn't specifically state that these files will only work for new games. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not, but they will not work with Saved Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Since it is not possible to do retain_player "freddy adu" for example, I'm wondering what would the command be to make players like adu and daniel braathen appear in the game? braathen only appears on large database for me and adu is not there at all (obviously). icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

excuse me, this may sound stupid, but i have only just been given cm 03/04 this week for my birthday present, and when i go on to cm editor, i cannot edit any thing, can somebody please help me ! thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOM4444:

excuse me, this may sound stupid, but i have only just been given cm 03/04 this week for my birthday present, and when i go on to cm editor, i cannot edit any thing, can somebody please help me ! thank you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to give us any more information? What do you mean you cannot edit anything? Does it crash or something?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived