EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering about EDT files and network games.

I'd quite like to make a few changes to the game database for a network game would EDT files be the way to go? And would all players need to have these on their machine?

I'd like to be able to do a few transfers and managerial moves ideally - if not, is it possible to just to make sure each player is using the database I've edited on my machine?

icon_smile.gif

fatto79, it does work in the same way, I still had my CM03/04 game on my hard drive and the ddt file that I had created for that for the european clubs, all I did was copy and paste that file into the the db folder on FM2005 and it works great had the game even picked it up when I loaded the game on the options screen!

I will do it tonight for you Rob when I get in. Do you know where to place the file?? If not you save it into the db folder and when you load up a new game FM2005 should pick it up for you, your see it ticked under the ddt section on the options. I send it to you at about 18.15 GMT tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robstar69:

I've got a question though:

will the players of a ddt-file also be regenerated or is that only for the players which have been downloaded via the database? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cant answer your question mate, guys at SI will need to help you there. So how you finding all those extra players on the ddt file I sent??

hi can any one tell me why when i try to improve a player on the editor when i start the game there attributes are not the same as what i changed them too. and can any one tell me why u cant change attributes like like creativity? if any one could help or explain why that would be a great help thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robstar69:

I've got a question though:

will the players of a ddt-file also be regenerated or is that only for the players which have been downloaded via the database? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will be regenerated as like any other player.

I wanted to start new season with National team of Bosnia

somewhere there is full and real name as "Bosnia and Herzegovina"

I checked in my game and couldn't find it, tried few times to do something with EDT & DDT editor files, but still nothing

If you know how to do this let me know soon as possible

and if I have to do something with EDT & DDT files let me know step by step what it needs to be done and what the name of this country should be

Thanks, Ned

K, got it now, didn't know that I have to select some other NT or some league first and they after I click to start new game to choose another team if I want

Do you mean what leagues in my game or what leagues in the ddt file??

I only play the leagues I would want to manage in and large database, and the ddt file that I have gives me nearly every player in an european league team. There are a few clubs missing, but all the German, French, Italian, Swedish, Norweigen, Danish, Spanish, Portugese, Belguim, Finnish, Greek, Scottish, English clubs from their top division to their non-leagues are there plus a sprinkling of other clubs.

If you want the file email me so I can reply. Should of charged, I would of made a fortune with the amount of times I have sent it out, lol!

Any feedback would be welcome!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Raver:

Do you mean what leagues in my game or what leagues in the ddt file??

I only play the leagues I would want to manage in and large database, and the ddt file that I have gives me nearly every player in an european league team. There are a few clubs missing, but all the German, French, Italian, Swedish, Norweigen, Danish, Spanish, Portugese, Belguim, Finnish, Greek, Scottish, English clubs from their top division to their non-leagues are there plus a sprinkling of other clubs.

If you want the file email me so I can reply. Should of charged, I would of made a fortune with the amount of times I have sent it out, lol!

Any feedback would be welcome! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Major Raver

Any chance of sending me that DDT file? It would save me time and would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for asking but your posts regarding your sucess with Darlo have inspired me!!!

Thanks in advance

neilwadge@ntlworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Jones:

I'm going to set up some default DDT files for people to use to make sure that they work, does anyone have any ideas as to what they would like to see? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe do one that includes all the europe teams from the very top to the little clubs and non league clubs, another for North and South America, and a rest of the world one. Big task, but it will cover all the areas on the planet!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Jones:

I'm going to set up some default DDT files for people to use to make sure that they work, does anyone have any ideas as to what they would like to see? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A major clubs DDT file, inocorporating all the top two divisions of the major european leagues, a smattering of clubs for smaller nations BUT all champions league and UEFA Cup clubs there in full. that'd be great.

I had an excellent DDT file on my old pc.... but that pic blew up and I'm unable to retrieve it... icon_frown.gif

Have spent 3 hours trying to create my own .ddt file however am getting nowhere have typed it all out and tried saving it but nothing is happening its not even showing in the prefrences section any help would be greatly accepted as want to start a new game asap.

I tried to make my own ddt. At first it apperently seemed to work, but not will all teams that I had included in the file.

My question is this:

What teamname should I use in my ddt-file and from which language? (Because I don't seem to be able to load National de Medellin)

Should I use the short name? Atlético National?.

Or the long name? CDC Atlético National.

Should I use the name as it is in Dutch? Atlético National.

Or as it is in English? National de Medellin.

As you can see, if you edit the in-game language, some teamnames change also. Is this the case in the editor too?

Has Matt Jones allready made a ddt / edt for us to download?

Kind regards and thanks for helping,

Jorgen

i have looked at all the links but cant find the answer,

can someone please post the syntax for transfering players, as i have lost my files on my computer (hard disk died)

i know its something like Present club, player future club dat, value, wage.

i

Guest Budenmeyer

I'm assuming that edt and ddt files won't work with quickstart games, would that be correct? Is it possible to edit some details of quickstart games? I know someone probably asked already but I can't see it (and i'm too lazy to look through everything. Can anyone e-mail me ddt and edt files that work (mine never do) and I can edit them accordingly. Many thanks..great website by the way. patrickbutler@02.ie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gjjh25:

i have looked at all the links but cant find the answer,

can someone please post the syntax for transfering players, as i have lost my files on my computer (hard disk died)

i know its something like Present club, player future club dat, value, wage.

i <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Example of transfer syntax:

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Adam" "Nowland" "West Ham United" "Nottingham Forest" 5 11 2004 250000 -1 3

Where 250000 is transfer fee, -1 is future salary and 3 is contract length in years.

It works perfectly with FM 2005, as does the "LOAN"-command.

Archived