EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

Hey, I just can't get the hang of the editing with these files it won't let me swap my league side or my Nation. I was amazingly impressed the club I coach at Hamilton Wanderers, in New Zealand was even there but now I want to swap it for any team in the Australian National league and I can't seem too, I also want to be able to coach New Zealand at some point but same thing about not existing. If anyone can walk me through how to do those to specific things it would be great, cheers

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jonny23

If you have created a ddt file, and then decided you do not want to use it, do you just untick it on the preference screen? Because my game creating time is taking ages and i have unticked them all

Any help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonny23:

If you have created a ddt file, and then decided you do not want to use it, do you just untick it on the preference screen? Because my game creating time is taking ages and i have unticked them all

Any help? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Untick them and they wont be loaded up.

I recently installed major raver's ddt file and i also installed the 5.02 patch tonight.

However when i type in the name of some of the players in the suggested lower league guide i still cant find them. Teams like this Hammerfeast are no where to be seen. (im running a huge database with the ddt file) I have also started a new game as they were no where to be seen on my saved games.

Also on the actual game im now noticing faults. Eg at the top under my name it just has a random number like 651 or 1003212 instead of having Exeter Fc Manager. Eg Pete B, 651 instead of Pete B, Exeter City Manager.

Any ideas on whether my particular game is a bugged issue? Or am i doing something wrong? Some of these players suggested in the player guide could really help out my promotion campaign.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Also on the actual game im now noticing faults. Eg at the top under my name it just has a random number like 651 or 1003212 instead of having Exeter Fc Manager. Eg Pete B, 651 instead of Pete B, Exeter City Manager.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are the IDs. Go o the game preferences and untick the ID part (unique IDs or something).

It seems to me that they make the ingame db bigger, so that it musth have greater loading times. But I am not sure. It all depends on the amount of clubs you add to the file. I added approximate 100 clubs myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coughlanforireland:

I recently installed major raver's ddt file and i also installed the 5.02 patch tonight.

However when i type in the name of some of the players in the suggested lower league guide i still cant find them. Teams like this Hammerfeast are no where to be seen. (im running a huge database with the ddt file) I have also started a new game as they were no where to be seen on my saved games.

Any ideas on whether my particular game is a bugged issue? Or am i doing something wrong? Some of these players suggested in the player guide could really help out my promotion campaign. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you havrnt installed the ddt file in the right place, when you start a new game, look on the preference screen and see if the ddt file is at the bottom and ticked, if not you have installed it in the wrong place.

Created a ddt file of nations but later decided to remove certain nations. However, the game seems to have committed to permanent memory all the nations (including those deleted from the ddt file) everytime I start a new game. Is there any way to undo the memory?

This is truly regretful. Is there a "UNDO_RETAIN_PLAYERS" or something to reset the ddt lines? Any official word from SI? My database is totally screwed right now along with months of personal updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a bit of trouble here. I have very little knowledge of this sort of thing, so the solution might be embarrassingly obvious, but I fancied putting some clubs from around the world into the European leagues so I knocked up a quick EDT...

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Nice" "CA Peñarol"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Ajaccio" "DC United"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bastia" "Ulsan Hyundai"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Strasbourg" "Orlando Pirates"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Reims" "Grêmio FBPA"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "NEC Nijmegen" "Kaizer Chiefs"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Barcelona SC" "FC Den Bosch"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "CR Flamengo" "RKC Waalwijk"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "FC Groningen" "CSD Colo Colo"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sporting Clube de Braga" "Santos FC"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Futebol Clube de Penafiel" "Club de Fútbol América"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Club Deportivo Cruz Azul" "Clube Sport Marítimo"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Dalian Shide" "Futebol Clube Infesta"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sport Clube Beira-Mar" "Al-Ahly Sporting Club"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "AO Skoda Xanthi" "São Paulo FC"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "AE Oikas Missias Larisa" "CD Los Millonarios"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "GS Iraklis Salonika" "Independiente"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "OFI Crete" "SC Corinthians Paulista"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "GS Neos Panionios" "Cruzeiro EC"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "1.FSV Mainz 05" "Club Deportivo Necaxa"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "VfL Bochum" "CR Vasco da Gama"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Boca Juniors" "SC Freiburg"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "River Plate" "FC Hansa Rostock"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "1.FC Nürnberg" "Accra Hearts of Oak SC"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Rangers FC" "Norwich City"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Celtic" "Crystal Palace"

Whenever I try to start a new game with this file, I get a warning message for each swap telling me that there was an error and it couldn't be completed. I've checked and all the names appear to be correct, so what do you think could have gone wrong?

Guest WHUFC 4 eva

Put the line in your edt file change the name you don't want.

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Carlos" "" "Tevez" "Boca" "West Ham" 3 7 2004 6000000 5 25000

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Róbson" "Robinho" "de Souza" "Santos" "West Ham" 1 11 2004 6000000 5 25000

• 2 weeks later...

Please can someone email me a DDT file for FM2005 so i can access most european footballers, as i'm unsure how to do this and reading most of the post i can see a lot of your have lots of experience with this. i never even knew you could do this until i stumbled onto this discussion page.

Email address: alan.goodall1@ntlworld.com

last name as 2 L's in it and a one (numberical) as it looks like 3 L's or 3 Ones when typing.

Thanks Very Much icon14.gif

Is it just me who can't find the check box to use DDT files? There's one for EDT files, and even a heading about DDT files.... but no check box =/

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone im all new to this game but my question is how do i use the ddt files i downloaded them for FM2005 and i know i place them in the data folder but how do i turn them on. I know i it must sound really stupid lol

Guest pazzariello

was trying to swap "Aglianese" with "tivoli" in the italian serie C2/B..

my edt was:

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Tivoli" "Aglianese"

but it didn't work

any idea/advice??

In an attempt to clear up a few questions ive seen in this thread, I've done a bit of testing with EDT files in FM2005 (using the 5.0.3 patch). The follwing commands definitely work:

"BOOST_TEAM" "602" 500000000 250 120000

"SWAP_TEAMS" "1569" "713"

"CLUB_DEBT" "80000000" "603" "5" "Bank"

"STADIUM_CHANGE_FOR_COMP" "602" "1301394" "680"

"INT_RETIREMENT" "Ashley" "" "Cole" "Arsenal"

Boost Team: 602 is arsenal's unique ID. 500000000 is the amount of money to put in their account (maximum is 2900000000 [2.9 billion]). 250 is their new reputation (shows up as "obscure" in the game - maximum for this is 10000). 120000 is the capacity of the ground.

Swap Teams: Simple. Just use the name/unique ID of the 2 clubs you want to switch.

Club Debt: This is to set loans. The example above gives Aston Villa (#603) a loan of 80000000 pounds from the Bank. 5 is the number of years it takes to pay back the loan (maximum of 20 for this). Also, you can replace "Bank" with "Chairman" if you want.

This command DOESN'T change the bank balance or transfer funds of the club.

Stadium Change: The example above makes Arsenal (#602) play all their home Champions League games at Old Trafford. 1301394 is the unique ID for the Champions League and 680 is the ID for Old Trafford.

Int Retirement: Makes Ashley Cole retire from international footie. Pretty self-explanatory.

As for the FUTURE_TRANSFER and LOAN commands, I cant get them to work on FM.

Sorry for the huge, long-winded post, but hopefully it'll answer a few common questions. icon_smile.gif

Guest pazzariello

i can SURELY tell you that on 5.0.5 the command SWAP TEAMS don't work. it's unbelieveble! damn' it's the latest patch !

Oh, I wouldnt know about that I never bothered installing 5.0.5 as it only fixes about 5 minor bugs, which dont affect my game anyway.

And if it stops the edt files working proerply i defintely wont bother downloading it

Archived