FM 'Classic" : inclusions / exclusions

I'm extremely intrigued by the "Classic" mode in the upcoming FM, as I have very little time to play FM these days.

However, I'm struggling to get a good grasp of exactly what is and isn't in this mode. I'd hate for it to be too simplified, but just to remove a lot of the time-consuming stuff.

I've heard Team Talks are excluded (good). What else has been confirmed?

I know there are some blog videos coming up devoted to Classic mode, but thought it would be good to get a decent idea of what the mode will be like.

I'd really like to be able to alter the settings on the classic mode; for example I like team talks, but I hate press conferences, and I can rarely be bothered with training- its the one thing I download and dont deal with myself. It would be nice if the inclusion / exclusion of things like this were down to the preferences set by the user. I suspect its going to be far less flexible than that however, but still an excellent addition imo.

I'd really like to be able to alter the settings on the classic mode; for example I like team talks, but I hate press conferences, and I can rarely be bothered with training- its the one thing I download and dont deal with myself. It would be nice if the inclusion / exclusion of things like this were down to the preferences set by the user. I suspect its going to be far less flexible than that however, but still an excellent addition imo.

I share your sentiments exactly - hoping there is an element of customisation, but sadly not necessarily expecting it...

There's no real info yet. It's fair to assume though that the feature set will be very similar to FMH so you could take a look at that.

the impression I get is that it is the PC version with certain modules removed- team talks and press conferences for a start. I dont think it will be as simple/ fast as FMH which is designed for playing on the tube/ on the move rather than on your PC. but I am guessing here.

I hope they havent removed too much. Im ok with them removing team talks, press conferences, opposition instructions and training, but other than that i would prefer if it stayed the same. I can always play normal FM and just leave all this stuff to my ass man and download some training programs like every year if its too dumbed down.

I hope they havent removed too much. Im ok with them removing team talks, press conferences, opposition instructions and training, but other than that i would prefer if it stayed the same. I can always play normal FM and just leave all this stuff to my ass man and download some training programs like every year if its too dumbed down.

Agree, dont mind with training though I actually dont see it as too much of a chore, I just ensure there is def,mid, strk and tweak those schedules.

I remember before 2012 you had to create the positional schedules manually and add the players in, now you dont have to!

I just hope it doesnt make the game too "streamlined" and it allows you to switch between the two modes maybe (or customize how you see fit)

Agree, dont mind with training though I actually dont see it as too much of a chore, I just ensure there is def,mid, strk and tweak those schedules.

And then you send the player on loan and when he comes back he is on default training again. Its not a lot of work but it always annoyed me :)

• 4 weeks later...

So... What's the early verdict on FM classic?

Is there anything particularly important to you missing from it? Is it really speeding up your season? Is it reasonably customizable?

I've downloaded the beta but at work now, looking forward to giving it a go tonight :-)

• Administrators
Its more like CM01/02 which is a good thing.
Glad you agree but as the topic's now gone off-topic and we'd really like your feedback in the official thread already open, I'm closing this.

Archived