Big clubs are "poaching" my players.

Hey,

So I am playing with Hajduk(Croatia) and two big clubs(Dinamo Moscow & Leverkusen) just offered "an amazing" offer(4.5 mil$ and 3.5 mil$) for two of my players, my most promising striker and my best AMR/AML. The board approved the deal without my consent. I know it happens a lot in small clubs and my thing is, maybe SI should add an ultimatum option like "If you go through with this deal I am outta here".

I just feel like, I am the manager and I should decide who's in my squad and who's not.

What do you think?

it only happens if you are not financialy stable i think, or at least to me, if you have like a 20 million bank, if they offer 3,5 million you can easily decline and your board is not gonna intervene, but if you have like a 2 million bank and they offer 3,5 million the player is gone

I started the season with 200,000 in the bank and by January I had 3.7 mil. So the club is not starving. Its a lot of bank for a Croatian club.

While it's not going to help these players, can you set future players' values to £0? While it means you won't receive anything meaningful from these players and the interest might unsettle them, the chairman won't go over your head so you are free to reject the offers.

Never happened to me, but if you refuse or negotiate the offer it happens very often.

It probably only happens if the player, especially a youth player, is already on a very cheap contract. I think they have introduced the mecanism of asking for a better contract to stop you from "cheating" by setting unrealistic transfer values. I guess this will also depend a lot on the player's ambition, professionalism and loyalty.

I've never had any problems having a very high asking price. When agents wanting a new contract for their player I've never seen any correlation with a high asking price. As I see it, it depends on how well they play and the value of their contract compared to other players in the club playing the same position.

Edit: When you haven't set a high asking price and other clubs bids for the player and you reject you are told you can always up the asking price. So with an in-game tip like that I find that it would make no sense if players suddenly start asking for better contracts because of a higher asking price.

It probably only happens if the player, especially a youth player, is already on a very cheap contract. I think they have introduced the mecanism of asking for a better contract to stop you from "cheating" by setting unrealistic transfer values. I guess this will also depend a lot on the player's ambition, professionalism and loyalty.

I get this quite a lot, but I am playing the Youth Academy Challenge and some of my better players may be on £5-£20 a week and playing every week with an average over 7.20 for example. So I expect that to be honest

sadly i had this alot when i managed droyslden in league two. i signed free transfers no-one else wanted, some german kids, a young welsh striker. and my board accepted offer of £1m for them, a offer of £1.5m for my star striker (prem quality after a load of games) this caused me to question my place at the club. but i used the finances to improve my facilities, stadium ect. in the long run you'll be making these players through your youth set up

The "ridiculous transfer value" is not a cheat because it shouldn't work as well as it does. It also only works one way. For instance, if I bid for an Important First Team player of an AI club valued £5m, let's say 10m... they negotiate and want 28m. That is, of course, just as ridiculous a price as the ones I set my players to in order to scare off bids. However, I know that 28m isn't what I actually have to pay to get him. So after some haggling I get him for 17,5. The AI, however, will never make a bid for a 5m valued player set to 28m. I would say 12-15m would be enough for me to let him go unless he has some additional value to me, for instance if he's a left-back I can't replace or I am starved of HG-players. Or the interested club is a rival.

The transfer AI is simply not good enough and that is not our fault.

When that is said, I would love for the AI to come trying to poach my players. It would be delightful! But they don't. The OP is lucky.

The ultimatum feature doesn't work well either. I have tested it in many situations and regardless of my standing in the club, they have never backed down irrespective of what the demand was. Is it even in FM12? IF they removed it it was for good reason. Absolutely pointless the way it was programmed.

So, if you placed that ultimatum and they chose to fire you, would you reload? If you would, it is an awful feature to have in the game.

The "ridiculous transfer value" is not a cheat because it shouldn't work as well as it does. It also only works one way. For instance, if I bid for an Important First Team player of an AI club valued £5m, let's say 10m... they negotiate and want 28m. That is, of course, just as ridiculous a price as the ones I set my players to in order to scare off bids. However, I know that 28m isn't what I actually have to pay to get him. So after some haggling I get him for 17,5. The AI, however, will never make a bid for a 5m valued player set to 28m. I would say 12-15m would be enough for me to let him go unless he has some additional value to me, for instance if he's a left-back I can't replace or I am starved of HG-players. Or the interested club is a rival.

The transfer AI is simply not good enough and that is not our fault.

When that is said, I would love for the AI to come trying to poach my players. It would be delightful! But they don't. The OP is lucky.

The ultimatum feature doesn't work well either. I have tested it in many situations and regardless of my standing in the club, they have never backed down irrespective of what the demand was. Is it even in FM12? IF they removed it it was for good reason. Absolutely pointless the way it was programmed.

So, if you placed that ultimatum and they chose to fire you, would you reload? If you would, it is an awful feature to have in the game.

Well its up to them to fix it then.

This new game I started is a journeyman so if the board would fire me I would not reload.

Archived