Just realised something.

That People who unlock the unlockables in FMC are going to boast in here of them getting some random team like Farnborough from BSS to the champions league in 7 seasons.

So warning.....DON'T

Unless you can do that in the main game(which is frankly impossible without any form of cheating and which took me 17 years to actually win the champions league Legit). Don't Brag about it.

There are also loads of people that will play FMC and not use the unlockables. There will also be loads of people that will edit their game with FMRTE to win everything and then brag about it, so people can brag about what they want to as there's no real way to know if they've cheated or not.

Everyone can play their way, it's their money. Personally, I consider re-starting the game as cheating (you already know more about tactics, which players to sign, game quirks etc), as well as using any editors, re-loading games, unlockables, good player guides, other peoples tactics or even getting advice from these forums. But I have no problem with someone else doing any/all of those things.

That People who unlock the unlockables in FMC are going to boast in here of them getting some random team like Farnborough from BSS to the champions league in 7 seasons.

So warning.....DON'T

Unless you can do that in the main game(which is frankly impossible without any form of cheating and which took me 17 years to actually win the champions league Legit). Don't Brag about it.

I do not know why you say it is "impossible" I take my BSN/BSS team to the Premiership with back to back promotions,I normally take 2 or 3 seasons to get the CL,in FM2012 I never managed to win the CL but I did take Nuneaton from the BSN to the Premiership in straight seasons,just because you feel it is impossible does not make it so.

If it was not for some terrible luck I would have at least made the final of the CL on my 3rd season in the Premiership.

It is very possible.

It depends on the player.

It's pretty easy because the lower leagues is a crapshoot. And there's an abundance of free talent. It's quite plausible to sign twenty decent players and smack the teams 8-0 away from home on a weekly basis and once morale shoots up, you're on the way. To put it into context you can have a former Manchester City keeper on your books in the first season and one or two international players by the time you hit the Blue Square Premier. =x

But yeah, I see your point.

but that's the point isn't it roja.... the 'true' llm way, as you put it, came about as lower league management is essentially simple once you get the hang of the game.. it was the extra challenge that people enjoy.

also, OP... people have, and will boast about everything under the sun when they achieve something they are proud of, in fm terms or not, and I for one am not here to **** all over them for it, and frankly, those who do have a serious complex if they feel they need to make a thread about it rather than give them their dues or at the very least, just ignore the post.

but that's the point isn't it roja.... the 'true' llm way, as you put it, came about as lower league management is essentially simple once you get the hang of the game.. it was the extra challenge that people enjoy.

also, OP... people have, and will boast about everything under the sun when they achieve something they are proud of, in fm terms or not, and I for one am not here to **** all over them for it, and frankly, those who do have a serious complex if they feel they need to make a thread about it rather than give them their dues or at the very least, just ignore the post.

yes and no. By not using the player search function and by only scouting players that are brought to your attention by other means, its very rare you are going to find 20 gems in the first season, let alone win promotion with a lower side, on average it takes me 5 seasons to leave the lowest division with a mid table side over the past 4 versions and 9 more to get into the Football League, that may be down to my ability as a manager or lack there of though. The way I play is as I said above and never going above the wage cap.

If I use the search feature and scout the top 20 available in each position then yes, its pretty simple, but then so is FIFA on amatuer setting.

Agree with you on the 2nd point, who cares if people gloat, its an open forum. If you don't like just don't read the thread again, not everyone can act how you want them too.

Getting from the BSN/BSS to the Premier League is pretty simple if you use the search feature. I don't cheat or use any sort of add ons you can get for FM but can still do it in straight seasons. Lets be honest here, plenty of us know players you can sign down there who will destroy the AI teams until League 1 by which point you would of found other players who are better.

Getting from the BSN/BSS to the Premier League is pretty simple if you use the search feature. I don't cheat or use any sort of add ons you can get for FM but can still do it in straight seasons. Lets be honest here, plenty of us know players you can sign down there who will destroy the AI teams until League 1 by which point you would of found other players who are better.

Yes, you need to pose restrictions on the way you use the features

Most of my gems don't come from the search feature, they come from either

1) looking through all the released players from high division clubs and offering trials to any that look ok, this is usually either from the transfer page or that news item about released players from top clubs and trial games

2) browsing the U-19 (and sometimes U-21) teams of other european nations and offering trials to anyone who is unattached and looks half decent. My coach etc will then tell me if they're any good.

The thing is, certainly point 1) above is realistic, it's just that the AI don't compete enough for the players.

Even 2) isn't that unrealistic as a feature for league teams, it's not at all unlikely that an unattached Cezch U-19 player would go for a trial at Plymouth (my team), especially if he lined up trials with other teams whilst he was over here, and it's not unrealistic that I could have a crude view on whether he has potential. Again the unrealistic thing is that a Czech U-19 player with Prem potential who has previously scored 8 goals for Sparta Prague is unattached with no-one else looking at him and I can just sign him up no problems. Granted it's also unrealistic that I can see half his attributes with precision, but I'd invite him for trial anyway even if I couldn't.

The ease of acquiring very promising players (relative to your level) is in my view more to do with the lack of competition from the AI, than the features themselves, even with search. If other AI teams paid proper attention to potential and had actively driven recruitment strategies, it would be a lot harder to succeed. Hopefully this will naturally improve as the squad building AI improves.

Martinji makes an excellent point. Self-restraint with the search function is one step to levelling the playing field, but ultimately the lack of competition, especially for young free agents (regardless of how you find them), enables a human club to soar away.

There have always been braggers who used some kind of exploit in the game and still want praise on here and always will be.

It may become a bit more now, but at the same time I can see a lot of 'forum police' users accuse people of doing so all over the place and demand proof and stuff. Hope it doesn't become too annoying for everyone.

Personally, I consider re-starting the game as cheating (you already know more about tactics, which players to sign, game quirks etc), as well as using any editors, re-loading games, unlockables, good player guides, other peoples tactics or even getting advice from these forums.

And given that new versions of FM only make minor changes to the database and game mechanics, the only real way to avoid cheating is to clone yourself and have the clone play on your behalf. Now, I have no problem with all you cheating cheats cheating until you can't recognize what it means not to cheat, if you want to be a cheat then feel free to cheat, but if you don't use clones to play each new version, I just want you to know that I think you're a cheat. No judgments (you damn cheaters), just saying (that you cheat)...

And given that new versions of FM only make minor changes to the database and game mechanics, the only real way to avoid cheating is to clone yourself and have the clone play on your behalf. Now, I have no problem with all you cheating cheats cheating until you can't recognize what it means not to cheat, if you want to be a cheat then feel free to cheat, but if you don't use clones to play each new version, I just want you to know that I think you're a cheat. No judgments (you damn cheaters), just saying (that you cheat)...

My clone doesn't have a Steam account, so he can't play.

Archived