Is player competition real?

I have seen some discussion about player competition and I started wondering if it is truly built in to FM2012 or 13? By that I mean if I have two GK that are roughly similar, is it built in that the competition for First team status really occurs or are we extrapolating real life into the game?

If this has been discussed elsewhere, please point me in the right direction.

I seriously doubt it is in the game. It would be a major feature that would certainly be mentioned in other contexts than the current ones, that 1) a player feels there is too much competition for his place at the club and wants to leave or get reassurances and 2) that some outspoken players feel there is too little depth in the squad.

What you talk about is competition for places having a positive effect on training level and player development (which happens in real life), and I don't think the players are that sophisticated.

What you talk about is competition for places having a positive effect on training level and player development (which happens in real life), and I don't think the players are that sophisticated.

Exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't think it was. It's too bad, because I wonder how much more quickly some players would develop or how they might slack off based on their position in the team and who is up and coming.

Archived