Human Manager Wages

So,

I was checking the wages of the top managers in my FM save, and there are some very high wages:

Mourinho: €191k/week

Ancelloti: €115k/week

Mancini: €115k/week

Fergusson: €92k/week

I had a couple of saves were my reputation went to world class, but i never been offer a wage so high, even if i was in a big club like Real Madrid or Man United.

So, a couple os questions:

1) Did you ever reach the top spot in terms of manager wages?

2) wouldn't be nice if in FM we could be offer a milionaire contract to go manage a sugar dad team? Something like Ancelloti going to PSG? For example, if you were a World Class manager Anzhi would offer you 300k/week for you to live your team and go manage them! :)

Oh, and no... i dont care about the money you earn in FM, and i dont think we should have any features like "What should we do we that money"!!! But i would like see our wages be kick up by pur reputation, and see the rich teams doing crazy stuff to hire us.

I'm in 2017-2018 and i'm on £77k per week at Aston Villa after winning the champions league (It was a bit of a fluke). I didn't negotiate (Because I couldn't care less about the wage), but i'm sure I could push for £100k+ per week. I did get an offer from Man Utd a couple of seasons back for around the same, but I was still building my team.

You've got to consider the history of these managers, the high wages are kind of justified (If anything, i'd say Ferguson was under-payed based on that figure). Sometimes reputation isn't enough, you need to have the history behind you aswell. You can go from former sunday league footballer/obscure to world class in 2-3 seasons, but it takes a lot longer to build a managerial history that will drive your wages up.

Back on FM10 I had this contract :D

In 2088, with a wage of 850k/week you would starve to death! :p

@Seismica: history backround is a fair point. But again, i had saves where i won 10 leagues and 5 oe 6 champions leagues, had a world class reputation, but still fairly low wage. And i also get the feeling that managers wages (human or not) that are negotiate during the save are always lower then the one that some managers (like Mourinho) have at the start of the save game.

I do not want to be top of the managers wages table - it means that I will have more money to spend on transfers - makes no difference to me so I usually negotiate my contract at the same wage level as my old contract.

Larger the contract the more time you get if things start to go wrong - bigger contract more payout the club would have to pay to sack you.

I think I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't directly effect your finances either ..

Archived