Fifa Financial Fair Play

Pretty much this.

IMO thats the opposite of FFP.. FFP is there to prevent teams spending over their budget..

In FM12 you can overspend as much as you like.. there is no real consequence (hence the 48-month deals exploit)

We need clubs to go bust IMO and board with a much much tighter grip on the money (most boards.. not all)

IMO thats the opposite of FFP.. FFP is there to prevent teams spending over their budget..

In FM12 you can overspend as much as you like.. there is no real consequence (hence the 48-month deals exploit)

We need clubs to go bust IMO and board with a much much tighter grip on the money (most boards.. not all)

As much as I agree with you, this strikes me as the sort of thing that would fall under the catch-all problem of "licensing restrictions", along with punch-ups and Jens Mustermann.

As much as I agree with you, this strikes me as the sort of thing that would fall under the catch-all problem of "licensing restrictions", along with punch-ups and Jens Mustermann.

This. It sucks but clubs won't go bust.

It would be good if they went 'bust' and had to start again from the bottom league ala Rangers, but there seem to be no rules around this so it wouldn't be implemented

I'm going to guess and say it's a legal thing saying clubs can't go bust (a bit like saying you can't have players die in the game). That as well as where do you put them (ie what league depending on what country the bust club is in and how do you then sort out promotion/relegation, as well as getting leagues to the right level (eg 24 clubs rather than 23) and trying to implement it if a club went bust during the season itself. The legal thing though is nothing more than a guess.

It's not that clubs cannot go bust, it's that boards won't let you spend if they don't have money.

It wont matter because teams in the lower leagues wont be trying to get into Europe.

So? Teams have to balance the books now. Maybe FM will stop making it so ridiculously impossible to make a profit in the lower league now. I certainly hope so, because how it currently is is ridiculous. You currently have to sell everything you have including your own kidney to stop lower league clubs losing tens of thousands every month. If it were really like that, no lower league clubs would exist.

Teams only have to balance their books if they want to play in Europe, that is the purpose for this rule, it has nothing to do with lower league clubs.

Its also pretty easy to break even over a season in the lower leagues if your careful. I've done it plenty times.

The Football League are planning to introduce (or may have already) an adapted version of FFP for the Championship and I think Leagues 1 and 2 have voted to adopt it as well. Not sure what sanctions there are, as banning them from the Champions League is a bit pointless, and its not being administered by UEFA anyway as the clubs have agreed to do it voluntarily

Teams only have to balance their books if they want to play in Europe, that is the purpose for this rule, it has nothing to do with lower league clubs.

Its also pretty easy to break even over a season in the lower leagues if your careful. I've done it plenty times.

Sounds to me like "lower league" to you includes Championship. It really isn't "easy" by any stretch of the imagination unless you uncover millions of pounds worth of talent to sell every season... And then actually get a fair price for said millions of pounds worth of talent. Keeping to wage and transfer budgets is not NEARLY enough.

I am considering mass editing the Resources attribute of all chairmen in the club to 1. I hope that helps. As it is now, no club in the world MUST sell because all debts are cleared worldwide every season, which causes transfer demands to skyrocket after the first season or two. There are no top-flight clubs with red bank accounts in July, not that I have seen at least.

There are absolutely no rewards in the game for NOT overspending as much as possible every year. Hence it is silly to not do so. So why not buy players for £120m a year from a £30m budget? Being *insert number of billions here* in the red in May is okay, because you will be £30m in the green again in June anyways.

When a Mexican side wants £40m for a player of theirs because they are rich, and they are rich because their yearly deficit is covered by the chairman, it is not strange at all that AI clubs don't buy players. A Mexican side should tear your arm off if you offered them 4 millions, let alone 10.

To me it seems like a very easy way to avoid having to balance the economy of the game properly, and that makes me sad.

What im my post made you think that?

It is easy, if you handle your wage budget well, sell a few players here and there, and complete at the level your capable off. It does get tricky when you overspend in the hunt for instant sucess.

Sorry but no. Keeping to your wage & transfer budget while "selling a player here or there" is not enough in the lower leagues. Not by a long shot.

Hopefully they make it realistic and no one new wins anything for the rest of time. Yay to the same old guard and boo to capitalism and new money. Go FFP!

Oh look a City fan.

Oh yeah and while we're at it I think every team outside the top 4 should be able to dope their players, otherwise it's getting boring way too fast.

If you want balance in the league advocate a salary cap like in the NFL but not one crop of barely touchable rich teams being replaced by a crop of untouchable super-rich teams.

It is easy, if you handle your wage budget well, sell a few players here and there, and complete at the level your capable off. It does get tricky when you overspend in the hunt for instant sucess.

Are you talking about the BSN/BSS? I've never been able to sell a player at that level - anyone who would want the type of player I'm selling is as broke as I am, and it's not like you can develop youth and sell them in the BSS/BSN either.

In my current save, I'm in my second year running Bishop's Stortford. My wages are at around half of what the board would allow me to spend, I have always exceeded expectations in the cups, and I was in the promotion playoffs last year (I lost). And with all that, I'd still be losing money hand over fist if I wasn't constantly scheduling friendlies against bigger teams.

Archived