Football Manager 2013 Video Blogs: FM Classic 5 - Unlockables

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh Full FM is sacrosanct!!! Nice to hear.

The FMC sounds interesting with these unlockables.

I certainly won't be purchasing any of them - but that's a personal view I have towards buying DLC in general and nothing to do with FM.

I hope it works out well for them. And I'll definitely be having 2 career games now. Sigh. Ha ha. Gonna be fun.

its if someone like to play say a SINGLEPLAYER egoshooter game

BUT

to be invincible 2,99

endless ammo 1,99

all weapons 2,99

jumping higher 0,99

see trough walls 2,99

enemys cant spot you 1,99

no map restrictions 1,99

all vehicles unlocked 1,99

etc. etc.

ridicoulus

I'll definitely try a FMC save first thing - just to look it out.

But I do find the DLCs crazy. If you put the possibility of cheating (career enhancing options) in to a game why on earth do you need to pay for it. To me it makes absolutely no sense. Especially the option of given you club more money the cost is differentiated. As if it's not good enough that people have actually already paid for the game... This is a freaking own goal SI.

Oh well, even if the DLCs were free I wouldn't use them. I just find it ridiculous that those people who find that they need to "cheat" to get the best out of their game have to pay extra money.

You have the option to pay. You don't have to.

Say you are building a youth team in a long term save. And you're not getting a good run of results. The board says "we'll sack you if you don't turn things around!"

I reckon some people would like to continue their ambition of the building the team they have spent 5 or 10 seasons at a club and continue their project.

Now they can. For £1. I've often seen people post on these forums that they were building a team and got the sack.

If you don't want to use them then don't. It couldn't be simpler.

seriously, all these "features" are simple cheats you should be able to type in with your keyboard with some kind of number combination if you wish to do so....

taking money for this is the most stupid and greedy thing ive ever seen so far in computer game history.

This is funny, because people on these boards are always up in arms when you mention FMRTE :lol:

How do these little extras work with the leaderboard? edit:

Will you in the near future try to block FMRTE and the likes, because now they will directly cut into your profits?

Oh god, micro-transactions for cheats in a full-priced single-player game. I'll never ever again say SI aren't innovating.

I wish to believe you that FM won't be going that way :thup:

Thank you for stating the obvious :applause:

Still I find it stupid that people have to pay extra money for this. It's not like it's adding a whole new dimension (say new graphics / lots of more options available and so on).

Edit: This was a reply to Eugene Tyson.

sikker, perhaps it will be the next step....paying for having real logo, shirts and team...........SI will buy football franchise and ask us to pay to having pictures... it can be a possible future....

but today we undertand the strategy to go on "steam" platform.....it was the first step

Well like most DLC in games, no one's forcing you to pay at gunpoint...I thought the community liked options? You either have the option of paying or not paying if you play FMC.

Basically today video - SI to customers: If you wanna cheat in FMC, give us real money! :D

seriously, all these "features" are simple cheats you should be able to type in with your keyboard with some kind of number combination if you wish to do so....

taking money for this is the most stupid and greedy thing ive ever seen so far in computer game history.

If you could just type them into the keyboard then everyone would be tempted to use a cheat to get past a difficult situation in the game. This way it forces you to consider whether you really want that cheat and if you actually are willing to pay for it or jog on and get on with the saved game.

Besides - half of them are unlockable without having to pay. They are rewards within the game.

This is funny, because people on these boards are always up in arms when you mention FMRTE :lol:

How do these little extras work with the leaderboard?

Will you in the near future try to block FMRTE and the likes, because now they will directly cut into your profits?

I wish to believe you that FM won't be going that way :thup:

They said in earlier blogs that using Unlockables that were paid for will affect the leaderboard.

I hope that the leaderboard can detect that someone altered the database with an external program? Don't see how though, then again, I'm not a programmer.

Thank you for stating the obvious :applause:

Still I find it stupid that people have to pay extra money for this. It's not like it's adding a whole new dimension (say new graphics / lots of more options available and so on).

Edit: This was a reply to Eugene Tyson.

It's necessary to state the obvious, as a lot of people (not you) seem to skip over the obvious and jump to a ridiculous conclusion that is based on nothing but fantasies (not you).

And you don't have to pay extra money for them - half of them are unlockable with normal game play. You have to work for them though and they are rewarded to you.

And it does add a new dimension to the game - that's exactly what it does. Adding fancy graphics isn't a new dimension... that's just sugar coating. This is a brand new mode that the user can choose to activate and play - and pay if they choose.

It's up to you if you want to cheat, sorry fast track your career. But you know... it's all been said before...

If you could just type them into the keyboard then everyone would be tempted to use a cheat to get past a difficult situation in the game. This way it forces you to consider whether you really want that cheat and if you actually are willing to pay for it or jog on and get on with the saved game.

so?? if i paid full price on the game i should do whatever i want, and if i want to play on full cheats thats my buisness, who are you or SI to tell me how much it costs extra to be cheating in a singleplayer computergame

it remains the most ******** thing ever inventend, theres no logical and rational way to defend this scam

so?? if i paid full price on the game i should do whatever i want, and if i want to play on full cheats thats my buisness, who are you or SI to tell me how much it costs extra to be cheating in a singleplayer computergame

it remains the most ******** thing ever inventend, theres no logical and rational way to defend this scam

You want to cheat in the game? If you manipulate your game with 3rd party software then your game becomes corrupt, SI will not have the capacity to fix your game for you.

I'm certainly nobody to tell you to cheat or not to cheat... don't know where that came from? But I think SI are in a position as they don't want peoples saves ruined by 3rd party editors. They have given the option to purchase unlockables if you choose to. To accelerate your career should you choose to.

I certainly feel SI are in a position to tell you how much it costs for a "cheat"... it's their game.

You're certainly in no position to demand that all the "cheats" are free.

Rest assure, if you use a 3rd party editor and your save game becomes corrupt, SI will not be able to help you fix it.

Anyone complaining about this needs to get a kick in the groin.

A) the "Cheats" is not in the main game

B) You can unlock it without paying a single cent.

For every person who QQs a kitten dies.

think about that.

Only a matter of time before this BS makes it into the main game.

No - Miles said in the video at the end that FM main game is sacrosanct. It certainly will never be in the main game. As long as Miles and Co are there. They love the game as much as any fan of the game.

The unlockables (DLC if you prefer) are basically "cheats" / perverting the rules of the real life competitions so paying for these seems fine, BUT and this is a huge "BUT" deactivation of Fog of War must be available for free with every version of FM/FMC/FMH or whatever. I cannot see how someone with less time to dedicate to the game (ie FMC target market) are going to be "helped" by losing visibility of many crucial player stats from the start. I implore SI to reconsider this and offer FOW as a standard option with FMC or I am convinced it will harm the potential of this new mode.

You haven't got high faith in human kind I see. Or at least in FM gamers.

As have been said numerous times by people from SI - If you want to cheat, then cheat, it's your game.

I could probably accept that you have to pay for the DLCs if they were all in one package for a few quid. But having to pay 1£ for small silly things is nothing but pure greed.

Besides - half of them are unlockable without having to pay. They are rewards within the game.

Yes, I know. Still it makes no sense to me why people who find they need these enhancements to get the most out the game (they may find it too hard / takes too long time to get the achievements and so on) have to pay in excess for small additions (DLCs).

And it does add a new dimension to the game - that's exactly what it does. Adding fancy graphics isn't a new dimension... that's just sugar coating. This is a brand new mode that the user can choose to activate and play - and pay if they choose.

It's up to you if you want to cheat, sorry fast track your career. But you know... it's all been said before...

Yes it does add a little extra. But not enough to charge 0,99£. If you look at DLCs from other games you actually get a whole other dimension to the game.

I like the sound of a couple of them. I have no problem paying less than a pound for something that will enhance my game. It's always good to try and cater to as many players as possible, giving them options to play how they want. It's unfortunate that a select few individuals feel the need to bicker and moan about something they don't even plan to use and therefore will not affect them at all. But that's the spoilt generation of today I suppose.

haunted you are incorrect. According to the EULA (which is in debate in the courts at the moment) you purchase a single license lease for the game, you never own software - it's not yours to manipulate. You are not prohibited to alter the code in any way other than prescribed from SI/Sega. Using a 3rd party editor not supplied by SI/SEGA voids your EULA. Technically, if Steam detects that you are cheating your account would be closed.

Yes it does add a little extra. But not enough to charge 0,99£. If you look at DLCs from other games you actually get a whole other dimension to the game.

I'd say these aren't DLCs, but microtransactions, because there is no content really. It isn't clear if these are permanent or 1 time use or per save.

I'd say these aren't DLCs, but microtransactions, because there is no content really. It isn't clear if these are permanent or 1 time use or per save.

You might be right about that one. Just makes these DLCs (or microtransactions) even more silly.

You haven't got high faith in human kind I see. Or at least in FM gamers.

As have been said numerous times by people from SI - If you want to cheat, then cheat, it's your game.

I could probably accept that you have to pay for the DLCs if they were all in one package for a few quid. But having to pay 1£ for small silly things is nothing but pure greed.

There's certain people I certainly don't have high faith in ... for sure.

It's not your game, it's SI's game, you are leasing a license to use it.

If you don't want to pay £1 then don't. If the sales are low on DLC then SI will reconsider their model.

I won't be buying them. I'm not interested in the unlockables. The game is fully playable out of the box. Unlockables are fun, but not a necessity and I won't buy them.

Yes, I know. Still it makes no sense to me why people who find they need these enhancements to get the most out the game (they may find it too hard / takes too long time to get the achievements and so on) have to pay in excess for small additions (DLCs).

If they want the enhancements they are there. Using a 3rd Party editor, like FMRTE and SI won't help you fix the game if it gets broken.

Then don't pay it. If nobody buys them then SI will reconsider the options.

Keep in mind - this is all new. I expect refinements for next year, huge refinements.

I don't agree that £1 is fair for a DLC - seems a bit steep. But I won't buying them anyway.

Actually that is a good point. If I were desperate enough to pay £4.99 to give a club £50m can I transfer this to another club if I set up another save game or move to another job, alternatively if for eg I give Bury £50m will their finances be ****ed up for ever in the game?

Yeh now it might be a bit harsh to keep charging people for the unlockable of the transfer budget increase! Hmmm... that needs answering :)

I would have thought it was an unlockable per game, either that or when you unlock it you have the option to turn it on and off.

I was quite possibly going to be playing FMC....now i shall not. Seems ludicrous to me to have these 'unlockables'. Are they able to be turned off completely? i mean why should i have to either pay or win 3 manager of the year awards just to be able to manage internationally in the game? utterly ridiculous.

Yeh now it might be a bit harsh to keep charging people for the unlockable of the transfer budget increase! Hmmm... that needs answering :)

Can I believe what I'm reading here Mr SI Games Can do no wrong needs an answer from SI Games, in previous posts he's stated SI Games are far to busy to answer mere mortals like ourselves ! .

Personally couldn't give two hoots about the DLC or FMC, in fact the more mugs that buy the DLC the better as long as SI Games puts the money into fixing all the bugs that remain from FM11, FM12 and without a doubt FM13.

I was quite possibly going to be playing FMC....now i shall not. Seems ludicrous to me to have these 'unlockables'. Are they able to be turned off completely? i mean why should i have to either pay or win 3 manager of the year awards just to be able to manage internationally in the game? utterly ridiculous.

In the original FM you could only be an international manager if you were offered, or you used a cheat. FMC is suppose to be a throw back to the old days, so it makes sense this is like this, if you want to be an international manager the day you buy the game you can, easily.

Can I believe what I'm reading here Mr SI Games Can do no wrong needs an answer from SI Games, in previous posts he's stated SI Games are far to busy to answer mere mortals like ourselves ! .

Personally couldn't give two hoots about the DLC or FMC, in fact the more mugs that buy the DLC the better as long as SI Games puts the money into fixing all the bugs that remain from FM11, FM12 and without a doubt FM13.

I don't know why you refer me to "Mr SI Games"?

I and others that remain around these forums constantly have to battle with people that don't grasp the basic concepts of what is being said on blogs/videos etc. and constantly try to answer questions to the best of our understanding. I do this of my own free will and on my own time.

I stand by a lot of what SI do and agree with them in principle on a lot of the things they include in the game. Sometimes my responses are due to reading the forums for the last several years and I know exactly why something was done as I was in conversation with people on the forums years ago about that particular subject and the subject was answered by a member of SI.

If that makes me "Mr SI Games" then yes, yes I am.

I've never said SI can do no wrong either. Don't know where that came from?

Anyone know if the unlockables are multi-use or one time only things? and if you can use them over and over again is there some kind of cooldown on their use or could you theoreticly build a team out of sons like some kind of freaky fertile machine :) (and if your a team such as Man Utd you could just get Giggs/Scholes to retire in the first/second season and get the reward quickly)

Gotta admit i'm gonna give FMC mode a go as it sounds interesting though (just hope i get my PC fixed in time for the games release)

• SI Staff

Yes - you can turn them off. In fact, you have to turn them on to use them. As for international management, doing it that way in FMH has been very popular, hence we went with it for FMC.

I don't know why you refer me to "Mr SI Games"?

I and others that remain around these forums constantly have to battle with people that don't grasp the basic concepts of what is being said on blogs/videos etc. and constantly try to answer questions to the best of our understanding. I do this of my own free will and on my own time.

I stand by a lot of what SI do and agree with them in principle on a lot of the things they include in the game. Sometimes my responses are due to reading the forums for the last several years and I know exactly why something was done as I was in conversation with people on the forums years ago about that particular subject.

If that makes me "Mr SI Games" then yes, yes I am.

I've never said SI can do no wrong either. Don't know where that came from?

Your fighting a valiant effort, but its ultimaltely pointless man, you'd get further just hitting your head against the keyboard, not that i would ever say a bad word about the GD forum.........

• SI Staff
Anyone know if the unlockables are multi-use or one time only things? and if you can use them over and over again is there some kind of cooldown on their use or could you theoreticly build a team out of sons like some kind of freaky fertile machine :) (and if your a team such as Man Utd you could just get Giggs/Scholes to retire and get the reward quickly)

Some are multi-use, some are one time only. Depends on what makes most sense for the item concerned - stadium expansion is one time use, international management is permanent unlock.

Some are multi-use, some are one time only. Depends on what makes most sense for the item concerned - stadium expansion is one time use, international management is permanent unlock.

Cool - kinda hope that sons would be one time then as it would be wierd if you can use it multiple times and have a team full of your in-game sons :)

Archived