New feature that makes you want to buy FM13 ?

I hope that adding and removing playable league works correctly in FM13. That would be the big thing for me this year.

I think this years improments and new features are minimal if dont count FMC.

Completely disagree I think the new features make the game complete. For example I used to find it annoying that you couldn't talk to international players and the same as you can for club players which I use to raise morale. Also using tones in team talks but not in press conferences didnt seem right in FM12. The new media additon for international managment looks great too imo and will help add a new dimension to this instead of just picking your team

Actually all these new features are great . one of them is the one of voice tones during the press conference . Also you can see from pics of the game that there are many changes in the overall look of the game and the statistics view , etc . Actually Fm is wonderful. :)

I got to be honest. I'n not trully excited about any new feature (from those anounced so far).

But, despite this, i'm really excited about FM2013, simply because i know it will be better than FM2012... and to me... that's enough for me to be convinced to buy the game :)

I'm just hoping the add/remove league feature will work because on FM12 it ruined a couple of my saves, so if it does work for me it'll be like a new feature. Apart from that I am not excited about anything else that's been mentioned.

The AI looking at attributes to make sure players are suited to its tactics. That's a big step forwards In AI squad building and something I've asked for on here.

I'm also hoping the ME changes to ball physics have improved Free kicks and crossing making them more effective.

I'm hoping (but not hopeful) for a complete revamp in the morale & reputation system. Although I don't think they think there's even anything wrong with the way it is right now. When I asked Miles if anything had been done to either of them, he just told me I was being "rude". So I took that as a no.

Best new feature? This years updated database.

It is literally the only thing that convinces me to buy a new game each year, I could very well still be playing champ manager if you could just update the database every year.

Seriously though, its just the small things that adapt and change over time that do it for me, theres never been a huge new feature that has helped me chose to buy the game, and when you end up playing the game after about 2 weeks you forget how the game was without it. It took me about 3 games after they introduced the 3D match before I actually fancied using it.

I think the best way to keep the loyal fans going every year is to just keep improving the overall game, so each new release is better overall. The new features benefit the few, look good on the box and in the adverts and bring in new customers, but they make as much difference to me as, say, a boost to the match engine, or an improved UI. I would rather every aspect of the game improved 1% rather than only having one area improved 10%.

New db is almost always the biggest draw for me too, though the interface change seems bigger than last few versions.

Liking the match engine stuff from the videos, especially full match view looks like it will be easier to use and still control game.

I hope that adding and removing playable league works correctly in FM13. That would be the big thing for me this year.

I think this years improments and new features are minimal if dont count FMC.

I just came back to comment again when I realised what the OP was saying. I could just not count anything I wanted to in the game and then say that there have been no changes or improvements?

meh.

no 64x and some wacky new mode with purchasable cheats instead. if this is the general direction of the game it could be the last one I buy. I will certainly be waiting to see what the new features are next year before purchasing.

It's always good to have up to date data and a few new things to do in the game though.

This will actually be the first CM/FM release I haven't bought since CM '93 (including Italia, and the update disks). I've watched all the video blogs, looked at all the screenies etc. and I just can't get over the line. Part of that is actually testament to FM12 - I'm really enjoying my game at the moment, and would quite like to play through until my first wave of regens retires (at least).

I'd probably still buy the new one, but I've been disappointed for the past couple of years with pre-ordering the game to find significant issues that then get patched months later. The new features for the last few years have either been broken (add/remove leagues), detrimental (team meetings) or only incrementally better than what's gone before - moving from '09 or possibly even '10 to '12 (once patched) would probably have felt like a new game, but moving from a patched '11 to a patched '12 feels like a minor update at best. It still makes for a great game, it's still better than the previous edition, but it's no longer enough to justify blind loyalty. Maybe leaving it a year or two is the right plan.

I'll be watching the release with interest to see what gets patched in a couple of months. If SI breaks the cycle, maybe I'll crack (and hey, while I'm wishing, why not get the game ready to go by 31 August, update the database at midnight to reflect the transfers that have gone through and release on 1 September?). It feels really weird to not have my pre-order locked in - when I was a kid, the specs for the next version of CM were what drove the PC upgrade path in my house! But I can't justify it, not this time.

;8162815']This will actually be the first CM/FM release I haven't bought since CM '93 (including Italia' date=' and the update disks). I've watched all the video blogs, looked at all the screenies etc. and I just can't get over the line. Part of that is actually testament to FM12 - I'm really enjoying my game at the moment, and would quite like to play through until my first wave of regens retires (at least).

I'd probably still buy the new one, but I've been disappointed for the past couple of years with pre-ordering the game to find significant issues that then get patched months later. The new features for the last few years have either been broken (add/remove leagues), detrimental (team meetings) or only incrementally better than what's gone before - moving from '09 or possibly even '10 to '12 (once patched) would probably have felt like a new game, but moving from a patched '11 to a patched '12 feels like a minor update at best. It still makes for a great game, it's still better than the previous edition, but it's no longer enough to justify blind loyalty. Maybe leaving it a year or two is the right plan.

I'll be watching the release with interest to see what gets patched in a couple of months. If SI breaks the cycle, maybe I'll crack (and hey, while I'm wishing, why not get the game ready to go by 31 August, update the database at midnight to reflect the transfers that have gone through and release on 1 September?). It feels really weird to not have my pre-order locked in - when I was a kid, the specs for the next version of CM were what drove the PC upgrade path in my house! But I can't justify it, not this time.[/quote']

Judging by your post, you must play 200+ hrs a version.

£25 for that much entertainment is ridiculously good value, even if you were buying the same game again (which of course, you wouldn't be)

I usually only manage in England so never really used the add leagues, I think i did it once with america and then got confused on how to manage there and stopped. So I like there is a tutorial on MLS now!

I think I like the new staff roles best. I'll enjoy the press conference tones too. But I'd agree with original poster, not too many big changes but i'll enjoy the new things that there are. The big things were FMC and challenge mode, but I don't see myself using those. But I am sure others will. I'd buy the game if there was 0 added features as long as database was updated!

I guess I'm looking forward to the couple new stadiums in Ukraine. Dynamo Kiev were impossible to make profitable with their 14k stadium in previous versions, I would keep running out of money after a couple of seasons.

Plus their signings of Veloso and Kranjcar could be fun to play around with.

Judging by your post, you must play 200+ hrs a version.

£25 for that much entertainment is ridiculously good value, even if you were buying the same game again (which of course, you wouldn't be)

Something like that amount, yeah. And I agree, £25 for that much entertainment is great value - if I didn't have 12 I'd buy 13 in a second, and I'd gladly buy Miles or any of the team a pint or two to say thankyou. But given that I could just put another 200+ hours on 12, the question is whether 13 is £25 better than 12, I guess, and I'm just not sold that it is.

Even assuming FMC, challenges and the online leaderboards work perfectly (and history suggests that they won't) I'm not interested in those things. The other changes are fine, I guess, but nothing worth jacking in my existing save and spending money for as far as I can see - especially given that there's a decent chance that having done so I'll then find some issue that won't get fixed until December (remember the year when the AI managers all fell out with all their best players?).

Archived