Centre Back needed, Celtic 2nd Season, 8.0.2

I had been looking at signing Naldo, and i has my £11.25m bid accepted, offered him the money he wanted, but AC Millan came in with an 11th hour bid, and signed him. This was the day before the Super Cup, which was ironically AC v Celtic. To make things worse, i had sold Stephen Mcmanus as i was so damn sure i'd signed Naldo. :(

So i need a central defender, my other first choice, is Fernando Meira, who has been amazing for me. I have Sakho and Raphael Forster, but neither are setting the world a light for me yet. My Full backs are Esparza/Mattock and Van den Borre/Abenzoar. I have around 20 mil sterling to spend, I won the Legue, FA cup, and UEFA cup first season so my rep. is pretty high.

Thanks in advance.

PS, i would try the celtic thread but it is pretty much dead.

Edit; And i am on the 29th August, so times running out.

You should be able to lure Christopher Samba to your side if he's still at Blackburn. Good CB and wont cost you a truck load either. Else, try your luck with the two Brazilians - Alex Silva and Miranda. Federico Fazio is quality and definitely worth scouting to see if he's interested. Arturo Vidal is excellent too but not sure if he'll get a wp.

Also, check the Premiership to see what teams got relegated in the first season. You might be able to pick up some good player from one of them.

Thanks guys,

I has bids accepted for most of the names you lot have mentioned, but unfortunatly, none of them accepted, i also tried O'shea and Brown, as they were in MU reserves at the time but they didn't.

I ended up panic buying Ricardo Rocha from Spurs for 1.8 mil. I'm probably going to make my Anichebe loan permanent instead, and find a defender in January.

In that case, see if you can loan in Jonny Evans from Man Utd, Havard Nordtveit from Arsenal or even Marco Materazzi from Inter. Matrix is still pretty good and he usually becomes transfer listed or throw in the reserves in season 2. Might be willing to join you on a loan deal.

There are a couple more names that just came to mind if you still have the money: Leon Andreassen from Fulham and Dmytro Chygrynskyi from Shakhtar. Both good CB's but dont know how much they'll cost.

Archived