ability to turn off "cheats" in FMC network game?

FMC should be great for network games. then we can play a couple of seasons more for the same time.

just hope you can turn those "cheats" off by the start of the network game, giving you some sort of option.

Is there someone of SI that can say something about this, please.

I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from an SI person that said they are "off" as default and have to be switched on, presumably in settings. It's probably in the unlockables thread.

Edit - yeah post #43 in the unlockables thread. Miles says you have to turn them on. (Sorry can't link on phone)

ok, you have to turn them on.

What if one of your mates turn them on for him, are the others gone see this?

So its not so clear you see.

I assume it's an option which the creator of the network game will have to tick when creating the save.

If he doesn't tick the option then it's all safe.

If he does, then maybe not so. If he tries to keep it secret, the others should probably still be able to spot that as they would be able to turn on unlockables for themselves as well which they wouldn't be otherwise.

Some final clarification would thus still be appreciated :)

I'm not sure how many of those cheats you could get away with on a network game without anyone else noticing anyway.

Nor do I. But certainly the mere possibility of that can poison the ambience between users in the same network game.

It must not be possible to even have a suspicion of one user doing stuff behind the others' backs.

Nor do I. But certainly the mere possibility of that can poison the ambience between users in the same network game.

It must not be possible to even have a suspicion of one user doing stuff behind the others' backs.

Agreed, 100%!!! you can't see of someone has turned of the so called fog of war, that would be a serious advantage for the cheater.

Archived