Fix the woodwork issue

I hope they've fixed or reduced the number of times you hit the woodwork in FM13. Every game, between me and my opponents, we hit the woodwork at least 3 times. Minimum of 3 times a game?!?!? That can not be statistically correct.

Sure you see it in real life, but not several times a game. Its quite rare actually, i don't know how often it occurs in real life, but in FM its just way too much.

Fix it ....Please ;)

Good to know, thanks. Its far more then that in my games, and I've heard a few others complain as well. Have you had an issue with it yourself?

I've also had this with several teams, so its not just the one I'm managing now.

I haven't really noticed it, but I haven't really been looking for it either. I can remember threads relating to FM10 and FM11 where the number of fouls and injuries was getting a lot of criticism prior to a patch, and can vaguely recall someone listing some actual stats which implied that the occurrences were in line with live football. It may be the same with the woodwork thing, but would be worth posting in the bug thread if you can provide a save game for SI to investigate. Can't even have a look myself as I uninstalled FM12 in advance of FM13 beta release.

If it is 3 per game for a prolonged period, then it does sound excessive. In the 2012 English Premier League Season, the woodwork was hit 209 times in the 380 games played, so 0.55 times per game on average.

How many times if you take Liverpool's tally out? :D

It does seem to happen a bit too often in the game. I haven't done any actual counting, but the number of times I get asked "Your team hit the woodwork a lot today. Were there times when you didn't think it was your day?" (or however it goes) suggests it should be toned down.

Definitely should be toned down, and I should mention I'm managing in League 2, so not sure what the stats are for that league.

Now 3 times a game is almost a minimum for me, its happened 7 or 8 times on occasion. At least that's what it says in the match stats

It seems SI dont want want to talk about ME so nobody knows what and whether they fixed anything.

Probably they think there were too much football in their "Football Manager 2013" project, so they decided now to turn it into "Social Manager 2013" considering the amount of unecessary interactions between you and the whole world you have to talk to.

It seems SI dont want want to talk about ME so nobody knows what and whether they fixed anything.

Probably they think there were too much football in their "Football Manager 2013" project, so they decided now to turn it into "Social Manager 2013" considering the amount of unecessary interactions among you and the whole world you have to talk to.

:D you clearly know nothing about SI.

I agree with OP. I posted about this ages ago so my memory isnt perfect but I went back through the stats for all my league games (league 2) from the season I'd just finished, and it was something like me 27 woodwork opps 22 woodword ie around 1 per game on average total, so twice the 0.55 stat mentioned earlier in the thread.

Of course that was just one season, but I'd say it's been roughly similar in all my seasons since.

I agree with OP. I posted about this ages ago so my memory isnt perfect but I went back through the stats for all my league games (league 2) from the season I'd just finished, and it was something like me 27 woodwork opps 22 woodword ie around 1 per game on average total, so twice the 0.55 stat mentioned earlier in the thread.

Of course that was just one season, but I'd say it's been roughly similar in all my seasons since.

Must be something wrong with my game then, because I can deal with 1 a game. The other day I played a match in key highlights, every time it showed the action, my team were in control with back to back shots to the woodwork. Its unbelievable. It does seem like it happens more for me then most people, no clue why. It can't be tactics, because if its not me hitting the posts, its my opponents.

27 time you hit the post over the season, in league 2? I thought teams in league 2 played around 46 games? So your stat would be no where near close 1 a game.

Can't say I've noticed it over a prolonged period, but it definitely gets out of hand in some individual matches. I think my record was 8 times in one game. 7 times for me and once for the opp. I won the game if I remember correctly, but the woodwork was the star of that particular show.

27 time you hit the post over the season, in league 2? I thought teams in league 2 played around 46 games? So your stat would be no where near close 1 a game.

1 a game in total, ie me 27 + opponent 22 = 49 from 46 games.

As opposed to this quoted earlier

In the 2012 English Premier League Season, the woodwork was hit 209 times in the 380 games played, so 0.55 times per game on average.

So total woodwork per game being the proper comparison.

How many of those woodwork hits are from corners? The guy at rear post wins the challenge the vast majority of times and it goes either on goal, over the bar or hits the bar and goes over.

I don't recall hitting the woodwork from corners, its almost always from open play

Archived