Looking for a Challenge, which will be harder?

Who is a Greater Challenge? More Rewarding?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a Greater Challenge? More Rewarding?

• Managing Rangers FC
    • Managing Portsmouth

I want a challenge as I always player in the lower levels.

I am struggling between taking over Rangers FC or Portsmouth.

Who would you guys choose between the two if you were looking for a true challenge to return a team to "glory".

Rangers is going to be the opposite of a challenge, in-game. In an active league, I would expect their record to be pretty flawless to about D1, when they might suffer a defeat or two.

More of a challenge would be picking another D3 team and racing Rangers to the title.

Rangers is going to be the opposite of a challenge, in-game. In an active league, I would expect their record to be pretty flawless to about D1, when they might suffer a defeat or two.

More of a challenge would be picking another D3 team and racing Rangers to the title.

Go with this in my opinion.

Portsmouth aren't a huge challenge either. They'll still have a budget higher than most League 1 clubs and have got a very good first team (provided SI give them year long contracts).

SI don't decide on contracts. They'll have in the game what they have irl.

I want a challenge as I always player in the lower levels.

I am struggling between taking over Rangers FC or Portsmouth.

Who would you guys choose between the two if you were looking for a true challenge to return a team to "glory".

Portsmouth, personally I wouldn't manage them a Saints supporter however Rangers have a huge stadium, still have some SPL level players, still have a reputation higher than anyone in that league or leagues above and probably a decent enough academy and training.

Pompey have none of those things, they have a rubbish facilities, no real youth academy and poor players on small contracts and not that good reputation. I also think league 1 is a lot tougher than Scots 3.

I doubt I really see any of them being hard as in "hard". As Portsmouth, you can probably loan most of the wonder kids for a good few years till the time you get to the championship. The good thing is that you don't even have to worry about their wages most of the times.

However, I rarely find these kind of saves very fun cause it takes a good few years to see any progress. I mean any major progress. You want to basically experience everything the game has to offer and in a reasonable amount of time. Like I know who the current star players are, or those with a bright future. I ain't going to know anyone at 2025 with Portsmouth on their return to the Premier League.

Well it could be fun. But I am pretty sure people that play these saves simply instant sim ever match, cause trust me sitting through 1 entire match is long and boring.

Cheers on all the replies. Pretty overwhelming. I've always stuck with England, and will again. I can't get into the role playing frame of mind managing a Brazilian team because I personally don't speak Portuguese, so D3 in Brazil is out.

Portsmouth not literally being in a lower league is true, and something I am struggling with, as I love to manage in conference leagues, although last year I for whatever reason tried my hand with my beloved Aston Villa because I couldn't stand seeing McLeish at the helm.

Pompey it is friends.

PS it's unfortunate living in the USA and being a footy manager fanatic.

Portsmouth will definitely be harder especially once you get into the Premier League due to the financial issues.

I'd say League 1 was definitely the hardest with about 14 first team players, but saying that I got back to back promotions. As long as you can get good cup runs then you'll be fine.

Archived