PC has finally given up!

Hi

My PC has finally given up the ghost 2day and well im gutted as with fm2013 beta coming out on 19th....

Anyways hopefully next week i'll have about £400 for a new PC... wud this be enough for a decent-ish machine and what sort of CPU ,Graphics card and memory should I be looking at?

I would appreciate anyones advice as im not really upto scratch with these things!

This would do the trick.

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=d006610&model_id=inspiron-660&c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

I'm based in Ireland, so I might not have the best UK links for Desktops - I think the one above would be good for FM13.

RAM and Graphics card would be easily upgradable if you needed to in the future.

I'm working on a 7 year old Dell Desktop right now. My old laptop of 6 years is still working away and plays FM12 quite well. And my new laptop is a Dell and it plays FM12 like a dream.

I'm a Dell boy! Sorry :)

Welshace - I'm sure you can find a better deal than that :)

I'm working on a 7 year old Dell Desktop right now. My old laptop of 6 years is still working away and plays FM12 quite well. And my new laptop is a Dell and it plays FM12 like a dream.

I'm a Dell boy! Sorry.

I was given a dell laptop.. it's currently gathering dust in my study lol ... i5 one too ... i have a horrible history of dell's

personally.. £400 is where systems become almost not worth the price for me..

£500 will get you a very very good system that you can upgrade as you see fit in the future..

for example :

http://www.chillblast.com/pconf.php?productid=18332

£400 will get you and adequate machine that will play fm fine but not really up to scratch tbh

but if you are going to go with £400... use your old OS and dont get a monitor etc and you'll be fine ...

I'm looking at Overclockers website and it's a mess to navigate... I thought FMs UI was bad!

This one is ok - not sure of the make though?

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTCONFIGPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=950548&UTM_SOURCE=homepage&UTM_MEDIUM=online&UTM_CONTENT=DESKTOP_HOME_OFFICE&UTM_CAMPAIGN=homepage_dtbox1

Just add in the graphics card and it's raring to go.

Build one yourself!! By far and away the cheapest and best way of getting a good PC at a good price. You can almost certainly salvage certain things from your current PC (ie DVD drive). What has exactly gone wrong with the pc?

At £400 you could almost certainly build yourself a very good i5 system with a low budget graphics card (more than capable of handling FM) that you can upgrade in the future if you wish.

Tbh features like deapth of field and any new ones coming with FM13 need a good graphics card and the bigger the monitor is, it will be better and will allow many widgets open while in a match.

I don't think he's up to the challenge.

Learn, it really isn't difficult, everything just plugs into each other. For instance that link you posted - at a price of £434, just priced it up on ebuyer and the components come to £330. Massive saving there, and you get to know how things work.

Tbh features like deapth of field and any new ones coming with FM13 need a good graphics card and the bigger the monitor is, it will be better and will allow many widgets open while in a match.

They do not need a 'good' graphics card. A card that cost £30 will be more than adequate to run FM13.

Learn, it really isn't difficult, everything just plugs into each other. For instance that link you posted - at a price of £434, just priced it up on ebuyer and the components come to £330. Massive saving there, and you get to know how things work.

If the OP wants to learn then great. I have no issue with.

Thanks for looking up the components on eBuyer - if the OP wants to build it themselves then good luck to them.

Archived