Starting Unemployed and going on holiday until job offer.

Hello all,

I know I have been playing FM for years now but it only dawned on me today about the lack of options available, or should I say realistic options, when starting a career unemployed and then going on holiday.

I understand that this is not everyones cup of tea, but I was thinking along the terms of the LLM where has a 29 year old with no experience of management from a little welsh village called Treharris, I should realistically only be applying for welsh clubs when starting unemployed or at a push english clubs close to the border in low leagues.

So it got me thinking that there needs an option that when on holiday you can choose to apply for jobs at a specific nation. Whilst I understand that this could mean a long time just watching the game load but I like most others will most probably be playing it on windowed mode and browsing the net or looking on this forum.

I know FM13 is just around the corner, but I just started a new save unemployed to see how far up the rankings I can get from managing in Wales, I have a Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, N. Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and obviously Wales all loaded from the start, all down to the lowest leagues possible, so there are loads of teams without managers. So when I goto the holiday option and press apply to clubs the closest option I have available is to apply for bottom league clubs or lower league clubs but until these jobs are filled my assistant will keep applying for them and my game will keep stopping every few days and I have to keep rejecting the offers.

So what I would like to see in either one of the released patches or hopefully in FM14 is the 'apply for jobs from nation' option.

Like I said I understand that this is not everyones cup of tea, I'm not a programmer and have now clue if this is an easy thing or a hard thing to implement.

But what are your thought on this.

the contienent option would be a good addition but I think more leagues would have to be added for that to fully serve justice unless you have an edited database with the extra leagues added. More region specific maybe aswell so you could say apply to only east europe, scandinavia, west africa etc. etc.

Pretty good idea.

But if they can sort out the bloating of add/remove leagues feature then what you ask for would be squared away....ie in your first game season you only add the nation's leagues you want a job offer from.

Whilst I understand that, personaly I prefer to loaded them all from the beginning because then I know my system can handle it.

I should also add that I start in February not July because that way the teams are actually has they are supposed to be after the January transfer window not january transfers in july then more january transfers. Thinking about it that option could be extended to no transfers in first season (just a thought has I was typing)

Pretty good idea.

But if they can sort out the bloating of add/remove leagues feature then what you ask for would be squared away....ie in your first game season you only add the nation's leagues you want a job offer from.

Good point.

If specific nations were added I see no reason why regions and continents would not be added or the ability to choose more than one country.

In FM12 there was an option to specify which nation that you wanted to manage in. You clicked on 'go on holiday', then clicked on cancel and that showed a screen in which you could specify, for instance, that you wanted English clubs only. You then went back to the 'go on holiday' screen and input the usual information on the holiday screen. Then you waited, usually about October or so until you were offered a job. It seems that the 'English clubs only' option is not available this year. Or have I missed something?

In FM12 there was an option to specify which nation that you wanted to manage in. You clicked on 'go on holiday', then clicked on cancel and that showed a screen in which you could specify, for instance, that you wanted English clubs only. You then went back to the 'go on holiday' screen and input the usual information on the holiday screen. Then you waited, usually about October or so until you were offered a job. It seems that the 'English clubs only' option is not available this year. Or have I missed something?

Eureka! Found it. For those that don't know. At the start of the game you go to the screen that shows all nations to have in your game. At the bottom there are three big squares. It is in here that you can add or subtract which nations you want, thereby choosing which country you want to manage in. Hope this is some help, especially to 'idjits wot are like me'.

Archived