Use fullscreen?  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Use fullscreen?

• Yes, i play FM in fullscreen
    • No, i use window mode, its better.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I switched to windowed mode in my old 2007 save (on a 15'' laptop) and though everything seems to be fine, I can't scroll down to see all player's attributes.

That is, I can't see a player's two last attributes in the "technical attributes" and "mental attributes" columns, just unable to scroll down, the arrows don't seem to work.

Any ideas?

i cant get it to work windowed. my shortcut target says "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen" is that right? cause its not working

The windowed should be before small screen. Try this.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

If that does not work try this.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Hm, I switched to windowed mode in my old 2007 save (on a 15'' laptop) and though everything seems to be fine, I can't scroll down to see all player's attributes.

That is, I can't see a player's two last attributes in the "technical attributes" and "mental attributes" columns, just unable to scroll down, the arrows don't seem to work.

Any ideas?

You need to auto hide your taskbar.

1. Right click on the taskbar

2. Click Properties

3. Tick Auto-hide taskbar

4. Click Apply and Ok

5. Your taskbar will disappear until you move the cursor down there when it will appear again

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

My computer is using Windows XP Home Edition

And iv'e been playing fm 08 in full screen but id rather use the window screen

i right clicked the fm 08 icon and clicked properties n copyed "-windowed -small_screen" and put a space inbetween and that thn clicked apply thn ok

then i went into the game and clicked options > preferences > display and sound and then unticked the box that says play in full screen thn i cclicked confirm and a small box came up and it said something like: Changing the screen settings failed. Make sure your computer supports these settings :(

Does that mean my computer won't let me play in window mode or is there something i haven't done right ?

Helpp Pleaseee

how am i supposed to use window mode when i dont even have an fm08 shortcut?

my game didnt install properly (and never does when i reinstall it) so in order to play fm08 i have to select one of my saved games through windows (any one, it doesnt matter) and that takes me to my fm08 main menu.

this isnt really a problem for me, apart from i have no fm08 shortcut to right click on to become in window mode

when i go on preferences in-game and untick full screen, i get the error message that other people have been complaining about

i would love to play in window mode, because fm08 tends to be slow on my pc when running other applications

Thanks!

Iv'e sorted my problem out with the window mode

i used to get an error message comin up saying "make sure your system supports these settings"

but the way to fix it is to right clcik your fm 08 icon > properties > shortcut

thn in the target box delete everythin in there and copy and paste this in there

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

Then click apply thn ok.

then load ur game up and you should be able to play in window mode

Anyone having trouble with using windowed mode: Auto-hide your taskbar before unticking the full screen option in preferences. There is no need to edit the target in the shortcut then.

how do you auto hide your taskbar! sorry aint exactly a wizz on computers....ive always wanted to play in windowed mode....

i tried the other way but it wouldnt let me type "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

in the target box....

how do you auto hide your taskbar! sorry aint exactly a wizz on computers....ive always wanted to play in windowed mode....

i tried the other way but it wouldnt let me type "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

in the target box....

1. Right-click on the taskbar
  2. Choose properties
  3. You should see an option to Auto-hide the taskbar
  4. Tick that box.
  5. Apply and click ok.

Hopefully it works for you. :)

This thread could be responsibe for a massive drop in school grades, imagine an essay next to FM on the same screen the which is going to get more attention. Also when the teacher sends your maths work back to you saying x + y does not equal 442 with a mixed passing style. Love it

my game didnt install properly (and never does when i reinstall it) so in order to play fm08 i have to select one of my saved games through windows (any one, it doesnt matter) and that takes me to my fm08 main menu.

this isnt really a problem for me, apart from i have no fm08 shortcut to right click on to become in window mode

when i go on preferences in-game and untick full screen, i get the error message that other people have been complaining about

i would love to play in window mode, because fm08 tends to be slow on my pc when running other applications

Thanks!

Thanks!

Anyone having trouble with using windowed mode: Auto-hide your taskbar before unticking the full screen option in preferences. There is no need to edit the target in the shortcut then.
  2. Choose properties
  4. Tick that box.
  5. Apply and click ok.

10 character rule

Iv'e sorted my problem out with the window mode

i used to get an error message comin up saying "make sure your system supports these settings"

but the way to fix it is to right clcik your fm 08 icon > properties > shortcut

thn in the target box delete everythin in there and copy and paste this in there

Then click apply thn ok.

then load ur game up and you should be able to play in window mode

dont worry about that last one

this worked for me, even on my saved game logo

wow i am now playing sporting cp in the champs league as i write this

YES!! ive gone 1-0 up :p

I take it that if you wanted to change back to windowed mode, you'd just delete that little extension on the end (-small_screen -windowed part)?

Or is there another method?

You mean change back to full screen mode? Then delete that extension.

I hate windowed mode. You have to scroll down to see attributes and it just looks wierd. And shortcut keys on Vista make it easy to change to the internet or solitaire. Long live full screen mode!

If you auto-hide the taskbar as below you won't have to scroll down to see the attributes.

2. Choose properties
  4. Tick that box.
  5. Apply and click ok.

Window mode all the way...with FM's processing delays after pressing Continue (which are understandable given the amount of processing that needs to be done, and not a criticism BTW), the game just naturally lends itself to being played as part of a multi-task with other stuff :)

Archived