Why always goalie kick goal kick in FM?

I don't know what Zdeněk Zeman style kick off look like, but 100% goalie kick goal kick is the problem and different from real life

to be fair, less than 1% of goalkicks are taken by anyone else other than the keeper - you can change distribution instructions to get them to distribute to a defender.

Also if your goalkeeper has a low kicking attribute, if he has a good strength attribute this can help offset this problem.

ALWAYS have your keeper kick short to your defenders. Keeping the ball is everything in this game. No need to risk a 50/50 punt up the field.

This

On the very rare occasion that the goalkeeper doesn't take a goal kick, its normally because of an injury to the goalkeeper. Although I do distinctly remember watching a European/Uefa Cup game in the nineties when the centre back routinely took goal kicks due to the goalkeeper not being able to clear the half way line.

It's very very rare that keepers don't take goal kicks. As others have said, this is basically down to them carrying an injury. Other than that, the chances of it happening are slim to nil. There's no reason to have an option in game to say "let my defender take the goal kicks". You'd be basically asking them to change something that might, just might, happen once a season, but I'm willing to bet in England for example it's been a few years since someone other than a keeper took a goal kick, and I've no doubt that in that situation it was down to an injury. It'd be a pointless addition in my opinion I'm afraid, they have better things to spend their time on.

I agree with adding no option to give a player the ability to take the goal kicks. However, I do believe it would be good if a player did deputise if your keeper got injured and no further substitutions could be made. As its such a rare occurence though, I cannot imagine it would be high up the priority list.

Archived