Problems With beta Keys from gamestop - *RESOLVED*

Serves me right for going against my better judgement and ordering from gamestop I guess. Sent an email to support 3 hours ago and nothing so far.

I knew they were evil, but I didn't know they were unreliable as well.

• Administrators
I also ordered from Gamestop and did not recivet code, when I go to the gamestop app, in my library is Football Manager and product code, but that code is invalid on Steam. Can´t belive.

Are you sure you've entered the code correctly? What error message do you get when entering?

I'm pretty sure the codes from GameStop's app are not meant for Steam. The pattern is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. It's probably only used for the "redeem" function in their app - which is useless to us since FM2013 requires Steam.

EDIT: And yes, we have copied the code correctly. There's a copy-to-clipboard function when you view the code in their app.

Many haven't yet had their codes through - myself included. There's nothing untoward there, as the beta isn't yet released. The purpose of this thread was to address a retailer who had seemed to renege on their promise to send a code at all, it wasn't a complaint about non receipt of a code. If you're still worried, try contacting the shop you brought from themselves, as SI and Sega don't control how the individual retailers send out their codes.

Now it is released and bol.com tell me they don't have the key yet...

So I just got a reply from gamestop.

--

You can access your product/beta code in the GameStop PC Downloads App. Be sure that you are logged into Impulse using the e-mail address you used to place your order.

Under the My Games tab, select the title for you game and click Product Code. A window will pop-up with your code and you will have the option to copy the code to your clipboard.

Note that you will be able to retrieve product codes for only those games that require them to run after installation.

--

This is still the same code that doesn't activate on steam. I do not consider this issue resolved so, though by no fault from SI or SEGA, the title of this topic does seem a little misleading.

I just got the exact same response, so it's copy/paste. Looks like I'll have to be lucky to be able to play this week :(.

EDIT: It looks like Steam accepts a maximum of 5x5 characters in your redeem codes. However, the codes from GameStop are 6x5 characters. I've tried leaving out both the first 5 and the last 5 characters but to no avail.

I just got the same e-mail myself. Seeing as Gamespot PC Downloads uses their own type of product keys, the key is in no way related to anything except Gamestop PC Downloads. It's basically just a unique key you receive when you buy a download game from them, sort of like an order number or whatever. To be honest I don't think Gamespot has a clue about what we're talking about.

Issue not resolved, where the hell is my proper key?

I have exact same problem, I have told them to fix it or I will cancel my preoder and never use gamestop again...(I will predorder somewhere else so I can play beta in weekend)

This is in no way SI or SEGAS fault but I hope that Gamestop will never be a digital partner in the future :-)

Yeah, as I said above those codes are in no way related to anything except Gamestop itself. In short, Gamestop uses an app for downloaded games and you have to redeem the game in that app. Not related to Steam/FM/SIGames/Sega/anything except for that app.

• Administrators
They're US based right? Time shouldn't be an issue

Well we have tried contacting them but we're not sure when they'll get back to us. Apologies I wasn't aware they were a US company (I assure you the person that contacted them probably did :D) - you may get a response but it's the retailers responsibility so we're just waiting I'm afraid.

Yep, I am having the same problem, I e-mailed them yesterday asking if the codes were going to be sent to us, and they replied: "The beta codes will not be released until the 19th. Once the codes are release follow the steps below to access it." and the steps are the same as posted above.

I have e-mailed them again, saying that the game has been released for early access and that all other retailers have supplied customers with the early access codes. I will leave another post when they reply.

Well we have tried contacting them but we're not sure when they'll get back to us. Apologies I wasn't aware they were a US company (I assure you the person that contacted them probably did :D) - you may get a response but it's the retailers responsibility so we're just waiting I'm afraid.

Yeah, I got another answer from their support, saying that they may have limited supply, and that they may not be able to provide it for everyone.

This is obviously wrong, right?

Archived