Challenges/Projects for FM2013

Obivously this will become more clear when Beta drops, but anyone looking forward to/have tips about some good save games when it comes out?

A small team with some money? (like Notts County a few years ago)

Keeping a team up?

A team with a threadbare squad and no money?

I think Rangers is the obvious interesting challenge, any more interesting scenarios?

Happily bias here but Ipswich Town should prove to be a good challenge. Relatively well bankrolled, good youth facilities and a possibility within the side of achieving a decent position in the Championship if the ship is handled well. The challenge is that there are no back-up defenders, an inconsistent but skillful midfield and aging strikers including one who hasn't scored in three years.

I mean, who wouldn't want to take that challenge on?!

I found Rayo (la Liga) to be a good challenge in FM12. Small, Madrid-based side trying to compete with the local rivals with a 12000(ish) seat stadium and bankruptcy hardly any money. Crewe has also good for a push up the English leagues in recent seasons.

I think Charlton, my team will be a good challenge if I am honest.

Just been promoted after a record breaking season. A decent squad for championship, including a certain Ricardo Fuller. Fairly decent facilities, a good, expandable stadium.

Definete prem potential, although money will be tight I assume. It is rumoured we nearly went into admin, even after winning league 1. One of the ticket office guys got sacked for suggesting such a thing on a public forum!

Take on the challenge, be the best team in South London, and then, the world.

=======

Pompey will likely be a ridiculous challenge this year, might have to give it a go.

I will be managing Vaduz from Liechtenstein in the Swiss leagues, trying to bring them some european glory, while recruiting some players for Liechtenstein while I am at it.

How do the rules work with Vaduz in regards to qualification? Do they get CL football if they win the Swiss League?

Razer82's Small Club to Big Club Americas Challenge in Brazil.. great fun :)
My CSE challenge. :)

I'll be interested if you can lure some famous European players away to China if the money is right...

These. :)

Probably wrapped around a Pentagon challenge.

I shall be trying to make smaller clubs in big cities the biggest club in that city using only local players.

Partick Thistle the biggest Glasgow clubs with only players born in Glasgow.

Brentford, Dagenham or Barnet the best team in London with only London players

inspired by Lisbon Lions

Obivously this will become more clear when Beta drops, but anyone looking forward to/have tips about some good save games when it comes out?

A small team with some money? (like Notts County a few years ago)

Keeping a team up?

A team with a threadbare squad and no money?

I think Rangers is the obvious interesting challenge, any more interesting scenarios?

Rangers won't be a challenge at all. Taking a team with a high rep in a low division, it will be very easy to achieve back-to-back-to-back promotions and then win the Premier Division, as there is only one half-decent team in the country.

The Tetradecagon.

Win all of the following - UEFA Champions League, AFC Champions League, CONCACAF Champions League, Copa Libertadores, African Champions League (the usual Pentagon), FIFA World Club Championship, FIFA World Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup, Oceania nations Cup, European Championships, African Cup of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America.

It's pretty much the biggest challenge I've taken on. I tried it in FM12 thinking that the International jobs would be the easy ones, but with them not coming around too often, they're quite tough. I managed 6 of the 14 before the save got so bloated it couldn't handle anything, so had to abandon. I'll be starting it up once again in FM13...

I'll be trying to make Belarus a dominant force in club and international football. First job is take over a lower league team and make them good enough to compete against Minsk and BATE. Once they are good enough I will take over another lower team and try to get them competitive, repeat for another 2-3 clubs. Once there are enough teams to challenge in the league I will take over at Dinamo Minsk and remain there until the league tops the European rankings. I'm hoping that I will be able to get the youth facilities improved at the clubs during all this so the national team get a bigger pool to choose from. It looks to be a long term project but should be fun along the way.

I have said before in the other threads like this ;). I will 100% be attempting to do something for TRURO CITY. The poor blighters start in administration, with 14 players (reduced to 9 through injuries) -£1,000,000 in debt and a transfer embargo.

You can't build a squad because of the embargo, you can't even get you out of contract players on contracts due to a lack of funds. You can't improve any facilities and you will more than lkely be docked 10 points (unless there is an immediate takeover)

In my opinion, keeping Truro up will be a massive achievement in the first season. One I am relishing!

I have a few suggestions for good games this season.

Southampton and Reading. Keeping both in the Prem this season is going to be a challenge.

Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Watford and a few others. Ambitious owners who will give you money to reach the Prem.

Coventry will expect to do well in league 1 but you will need to build a better squad. Portsmouth still have their problems as well. Stevenage and Crawley as an idea if you want a smaller club who already have fairly good players.

Barnet in League 2 because they are s***. They do have Edgar Davids though lol.

Always plenty of option in the BSP whether you want to get a former league team back up or try to do well with a minnow. Halifax and Chester are both massive compared to the BSN and the supporters would probably love you forever if you got one of them back into the Football League.

I shall be trying to make smaller clubs in big cities the biggest club in that city using only local players.

Partick Thistle the biggest Glasgow clubs with only players born in Glasgow.

Brentford, Dagenham or Barnet the best team in London with only London players

inspired by Lisbon Lions

You could do that with Rangers now. The symmetry would be pretty nice heh.

For me the challenge will be getting Rangers back into the SPL with back to back promotions. I've no idea how they've coded the whole "SPL players in Div 3 (Shiels, Black etc.) so I'm kinda hoping that come Day 2 all these players look to move to a bigger club

How do the rules work with Vaduz in regards to qualification? Do they get CL football if they win the Swiss League?

In real life they always play in the Europa League every season because of the fact they win the cup competition in Liechtenstein every year. I dont know if that has been implemented in the game, probably not. I would imagine they need to qualify like every other team in the swiss league and by winning be eligeble for CL football, but I'll find that out soon enough ;)

The Tetradecagon.

Win all of the following - UEFA Champions League, AFC Champions League, CONCACAF Champions League, Copa Libertadores, African Champions League (the usual Pentagon), FIFA World Club Championship, FIFA World Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup, Oceania nations Cup, European Championships, African Cup of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America.

It's pretty much the biggest challenge I've taken on. I tried it in FM12 thinking that the International jobs would be the easy ones, but with them not coming around too often, they're quite tough. I managed 6 of the 14 before the save got so bloated it couldn't handle anything, so had to abandon. I'll be starting it up once again in FM13...

This sounds like a good challenge, may give this one a try!

Archived