To start my main save with the beta or not?

This is not really feedback, but its hard to gauge how people playing the beta are feeling about the game in regards to being confident to start their main saves with it.

Is anyone playing their main save on the beta and happy they are not going to run into any big bugs, just on initial feelings of course?

It seems most people are trying out FMC or challenges and not going full into the game.

Obviously those not really finding issues dont post at this time, and its only those with bugs, so I would like to hear from some people that have had a good few hours gaming on how they think a full game will start based on the beta.

It just seems like there are quite a few bugs already (even people having problems with the space bar shortcut), and the response from SI and the mods is that it really is a beta that we are contributing with. That's fine, but I dont want to start my main save on a buggy game helping those out when the game goes gold.

Also, is there a possibility of a patch next week when the game goes gold? surely some bugs will be fixed before the demo and disc version arrive? And will the update on release day include a patch to sort out some of the issues people are already finding. And no, I am happy with the skin. I have always used the light skin :)

• Administrators

To be honest I've started my save game before this beta and that's my career game that I'm continuing. You may think that's marketing spiel, but honestly I feel confident that my game is fine to carry on from the beta build or even earlier. There may be a few fixes that go in which can only be for the user starting a brand new game come release, but that would mainly be related to league rules if any need updating. Most fixes are save game compatiable anyway.

To be honest I've started my save game before this beta and that's my career game that I'm continuing. You may think that's marketing spiel, but honestly I feel confident that my game is fine to carry on from the beta build or even earlier. There may be a few fixes that go in which can only be for the user starting a brand new game come release, but that would mainly be related to league rules if any need updating. Most fixes are save game compatiable anyway.

That is good to hear, especially from you Neil. I dont have a worry that any patch or full update is going to change the game radically, but I do wonder if any bugs or ME problems affect things for me at the start of the game. The first few weeks of playing are crucial, especially when you only ever play one save, so I want it to be the best version of the game I can get. I might wait a few more days and watch some more feedback.

I did not know that! Right, in that case roll on the Rangers save!

I would suspect that we will get many more fixes on release day than we would with a day 1 patch, which can only be a good thing overall, but may make me wait until then to start.

This year they will really please plenty of people who only start playing on release day I feel.

I am saving a career with my fave team for the main game, but in the beta I am playing a serious file which I intend of playing properly and enjoying fully, perhaps even beyond Nov 2nd, in a manner which I would never do with the demo

See, I only play one save (2 is the most I have ever done on one game, and that only happened maybe twice), and I go into it deep and far with lots of detail. I dont want to find annoying bugs in the crucial early weeks. I suspect many people playing are doing what you are doing, and playing fully but holding back on their planned save or main save until later on.

I would wait for the final version.

It's only 2/3 more weeks, and you can use these days to learn more about the game, built a good tactic, experiment players, etc.

And then, when the final version arrive, you are all set to go.

This is what i usually do with the Demo, and this is what i would do if i already bought the game.

I'm waiting for the demo, because i need to test how the game runs in my laptop. FM2012 run fine... but you'll never know. :rolleyes:

That's good to hear.

For me...no.

I started my main game today but have encountered a lot of crashes. For me, as a main save...it is unplayable, and I'd rather wait a couple of weeks to make sure when I start my save, the game is clean and ready to go.

However, I am having some fun doing the challenges. These challenges aren't something that would normally interest me at all, so it's good that I'm getting into them as I probably would have never played them otherwise.

Cloud with a silver lining and all that.

• Administrators
For me...no.

I started my main game today but have encountered a lot of crashes. For me, as a main save...it is unplayable, and I'd rather wait a couple of weeks to make sure when I start my save, the game is clean and ready to go.

However, I am having some fun doing the challenges. These challenges aren't something that would normally interest me at all, so it's good that I'm getting into them as I probably would have never played them otherwise.

Any chance you can raise your crashing issues on our bugs forum so we can investigate and see why you're getting them? Forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

For me...no.

Obviously most people making the noises round here are the ones with problems (thats always the way) but thanks for the info.

So far I have just navigated around a bit, and then went on holiday for half a season and watched some highlights. It actually all runs OK and looks fine. I guess it depends how eager I get during the next week or two, but I still have reservations about messing up my main save.

I cant get into this version compared to 12, might be different when someone does a different skin, as cant stand this skin, keeps giving me headaches when i have played it, untill then i think ill go back to playing FM12

Only thing stopping me is the Germany team becoming greyed out once the patch updates, very annoying half way through a save.

The patch update will not affect your save. If you start with proper German team, it will stay that way, you would only be affected if you started a new game after update.

iam already super annoyed with the staff bug, i just cant increase my scouts and physios although the boards approves of it, its already been adressed on the bug forums, and iam forced to play with 5 scouts and 1 physio...

iam thinking of giving it a rest and wait for the patch :/

I think I may restart my main game when the Full game is out and had the first patch. A few things niggle me about this beta, namely the fact I have had 4 players sent off in the first 10 games, silly bookings after a few minutes for persistent fouling, lots of goals being scored from crosses by wingers. All these niggles have been reported in the correct forum, I just hope they get fixed for release. Oh and my biggest gripe, the white skin and the fact that SI say there will be NO dark skin. I just cannot believe this as so many people complained about the white skin last year, and now they have made a white skin again this year. It really does get at your eyes after an hour of playing.

I'm not personally but the only reason is because I have to players I need to make faster (accurately I believe)

I wouldn't normally do this but with out them having pace I have no reason to play them. (It's with my fav team which is the only reason I care about accuracy tbh)

However as I have multiple "main saves" I have started my journeyman save starting unemployed as nothing about the full game will really affect this save

I'm holding off on my major main save with Liverpool because of the ME issues. Yes I realize it will be fixed but they still effect the game now. They are effecting my league standing, how my players are performing and so on. I want my save to be as perfect as possible starting out. Right now im enjoying a secondary save with a Polish club. Im not to concerned about how my players are performing as long as I meet board expectations because these palyers wont be on my squad for long.

To be honest I've only experienced the over-powered crossing stuff in the odd game, not regularly. The rest of the match engine is an improvement on FM12.

A few too many goals and not enough tackling in midfield, but I haven't found anything that is going to ruin a save started now.

I was going to use the beta to get a feel for the layout and get used to squads and find a few choice players to sign but seeing as I've encountered two entire bugs (not gamebreaking ones either) so far and I'm 12 points clear after 17 games, I think I'll stick with what I've got :D

Archived