The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre season 2033-34

Expectations

Quite a poor season last year, but good strides for the national team. It is important that we try to maintain both club and International form, but at the moment, I am letting International take precedent due to having a few players decent enough for the club side. I'm hoping for Champions League spot at the minimum, but might be tough with the squad at hand.

Transfers

Two players brought in:

Paul Fowler - A Welsh MC/ST who is young and has a lot of potential. Signed as a depth player and Bovu replacement should Zumbi continue to play better in a supporting midfield role.

Werner Hamann - A German AMRL/ST who is also a young signing, but not expected to make as much of an immediate impact. Was really brought in as the last batch of youth's where not up to par up front and we needed some cover with some heavy injuries last year costing us.

Facilities

As high as can be :)

Funding

Expansion by around 8,000 seats sees us hold just over 36,000 Sammarinese fans. 4,000 more than our total countries population. The good news is, we are bringing in a good 2-3 thousand fans on average in from outside the country as we get close to a full house every game.

Even better news as they have agreed to expand by the seasons end to 41,000 seats!

Previous Season Goals

Failed all our goals last season as we slumped to 4th place.

Season Goals

* Make CL Quarters

* Improve defence to a goal a game or less

* Make Serie A top 3

Previous Future Goals

* Win CL within 4 seasons Failed

* Increase local youth products in national team ACHIEVED - Youth players are slowly getting in to the squad. Paolo Bindi is the latest who looks set to star if he chooses us over Italy

* Expand Youth Network to make better youth players no option yet to expand our network, but it has at least one more level to go

Future Goals

* Win CL within 3 seasons

* Increase local youth products in national team

* Expand Youth Network to make better youth players

2028-29

So this season i went after the champions league trophy.

League:

the only transfer of significance was Paulo Goncalves, who were close to sending me out early in last seasons champions league. He shoved a splendid form as he scored 19 goals in 31 apps. My strikers in general were magnificent as the team scored 97 goals this season. Brinksby scored 23 goals and made 13 assist in 28 apps, and the 19 year old wonderboy Piervito Mancini scored 15 goals in his 23 apps. So i was very pleased with them.

I already captured first place in the second round, and i'm not going to draw the tension. I stayed there for the remaining 36 rounds.

past positions - league table

the table says it all. 16 points clear of Juventus.

In the process i beat Siena 9-0, beating the serie A record for biggest win and Genoa 9-1. Fun games ^^

Millela again made it to the serie A Team of the year, this time also featuring Brinksby.

Arne Sørensen was named goalkeeper of the year, Brinksby foreign player of the year and young player of the year.

Furthermore i won the manager of the year.

The Cups:

I started the season off well by winning the super cup against Siena. Goncalves who were getting his debut scored a hattrick and i won 4-1.

In the first round San Marino faced Chievo who were defeated 5-0 after a Mancini hattrick.

In the quarter final i met Napoli who once defeated me in the cup final. But the San Marino stadium is an impregnable fortress and Napoli were sent home with a 3-1 loss.

In the Semi final i met Roma as i don't like to meet. i'm always finding myself in trouble against them and the first leg in Stadio Omlimpico was also lost 2-0.

But fielding my strongest side against them in the second leg proved to be more than Roma could cope with. 5-1 the score at full time in the San Marino stadium, as Titani was trough to the final.

The final was against Atalanta who previously in the season had defeated me 4-0. Right wing Pellizzaro made it 1-0 after 26 minutes but Clayton equalized in the 67 minut and the game went into extra time. but even after that there were still a winner to be found and the final had to decided on penalties.

Penalty number 5. the captain Martino Millela steps up. Sends the keeper the wrong way. San Marino 5. Atalanta 3. the captain has decided the final and and could deservedly lift the trophy. San Marinos third this season.

Europe:

In the group stage i drew last seasons finalist Barcelona, Dynamo Kyiv and Slovan Bratislava. I got the feeling that this could be the year where it all culminated early after beating Barcelona 1-0 away and 3-0 at home. I won all matches in the group stage with a 17 - 1 score.

In the first knock out round i faced Zenit. the away match were a boring 0-0 but again San Marino Stadium were magical. 5-1 at full time after some splendid football from 20-year old Danny Nielsen who scored 2 goals and made 1 assist.

In the quarter final i met Tottenham. bit unfortunate as i was hoping to avoid the english teams. But San Marino won 2-0 at home after Brinksby scored in injury time.

Away at White Hart Lane i was suddenly finding myself down 3-0 after 29 minutes and Danny Nielsen out with an injury. But Millela stepped up, heading home a crucial away goal before defending home the defeat... not pretty as Tottenham really "knocked on the door" but San Marinos was trough.

In the semi-final i met Chelsea. English champions 3 years in a row. Brinksby and Millela both scored and the home leg was won 2-0. Away at Stamford Bridge i was put under an intense pressure. Chelsea was leading 1-0 after 5 minutes and memories was put on the horrendous away match against tottenham. But San Marino braved against the pressure and 10 minutes from time Brinksby scored. 1-1 and San Marino was in the final!

A packed San Siro was almost like home so it was with good confidence San Marino walked into the pitch together with PSG. Some of the players were a bit tired from the italian cup final just 3 days before. especially Popov who started the match with 82% condition. PSG were very direct and came forward to many chances. but then. 33 minutes played. maybe the first San Marino is approaching the goal. Danny Nielsen dribbles into the box. Left back Cladio takes the ball but Nielsen goes down. the ref are pointing at the spot. San Marino are awarded a somewhat controversial penalty. Brinksby, one of the best penalty takers in the game, takes the ball and smashes it into the top corner. 1-0. Then San Marino are getting more control over the game, but with PSG still creating the chances, but can't find a way through Sørensen in goal.

And then. 72 minuts played. Joaozinho on the left wing. dribbles. get pasts his opponent. crosses the ball. Brinksby. 2-0.

And that's the story about how San Marino won the Champions League!

Brinksby was named best player in the tournament.

He also, alongside Millela got a place in the dream team.

team of the year

This season i mostly used my 4-4-2 formation.

It's no suprise to see Arne Sørensen in goal. did lose his place for a couple of games but won it back in the last third of the season. 22 years of age. Came to san marino 3 seasons ago on a free transfer.

Saulenas is a formidable left back and vice captain. 28 years, came 4 seasons ago on a free transfer.

Almeida. powerful defender. 28 years, came 3 seasons ago on a free transfer.

Millela. captain and an icon at the club. 26 years old. came to SM 5 seasons ago on a free transfer.

20-year old Konjevic have a huge potential and i gave him a lot of games this season. a free transfer 3 seasons ago.

Ettore Finotti was injured almost the whole season, so that's a big surprise seeing him in the toty. record purchase 3 seasons ago.

De Cesare. by far the most experienced with 31 years under his belt. purchased him 7 seasons ago.

Dennis Besselink. one of serie A's best defensive midfielders. 28 years old and also a free transfer 4 seasons ago.

Pellizzaro. played on the left wing a lot this season due to finottis injury. favoured personel 27 years old and joined San Marino 7 seasons ago.

Goncalves. dangerous striker. fine form this season and already favoured personel at the club. free transfer this season. 25 years old.

Jesper Brinksby. favoured personel. One of the best strikers in the game. 23 years old. purchased 7 seasons ago.

The bench and reserves are also basically young players (25 years and under) that i got on free transfers.

All stars

in other news

Haven't lost at home the whole season.

San Marino are now the worlds fifth biggest club in the world.

my contract run out and i'm currently unemployed.

so that concludes my Sammerinese challenge. 17 seasons. 2 relegations. 4 promotions. 4 manager of the year awards. 1 Serie C title. 1 italian cup. 1 Serie C cup. 1 super cup. 1 Serie C super cup. 3 Serie A titles. and 1 Champions league.

I like that Carlo Pelagatti has survived the test of time to make your overall Best XI

yes that is spectaclular. especially because i have had other right backs who have played more or better than him. Büchel in the current for example have done both :D

but he didn't leave San Marino. He became my best scout (20 judging CA/20 judging PA) shortly after he retired. That's maybe a reason why he still is in best XI.(?)

Wow well done FGreve! Champions League victory! A trophy that still eludes me.

Sad to see your challenge end, but if you do continue with Denmark, I would like to continue reading it if there is a Denmark forum to follow up in. Great job though :)

In other news. I am writing my International update as we speak! :)

International 2033

Well if last year was good, then this year was practically perfect! we started with a host of draws including with then first ranked Ireland 0-0 followed by 2-2 with Bosnia, both of which were in our qualifying campaign. We then started our record run against Fiji, winning 4-2 and comfortably. Back to qualifying and we managed to beat Macedonia 1-0 in a tight match but one we were slight favourites in, before repeating the same result against Slovakia who where the favourites by a long way. The result gave me hope of our best ever finish but at this point qualification looked but a distant dream as Slovakia had a decent run in for the final few games.

Things started to go our way as we then beat Bosnia at home 3-1, surprisingly, and had Slovakia drop points against Macedonia to put us just a head in second place in the group. The crazy did no end there. We then dispatched Luxembourg 2-1, though we were expected to win, it still came as a surprise as we had now gone on a tear of 5 games in a row, and 9 games undefeated to qualify for the playoffs. If that wasn't enough though, we had one of the more credible play-off draws, getting Ukraine out of the likes of Germany, Russia, Croatia and Romania (do not forget they were World Cup Third place winners recently).

The match started, with us as heavy underdogs. Despite our good form, we still had a lot of work to do as we shot up the ranking ladder. We went from 121st at one point and managed to fly past everyone on the way to 69th, but were still a massive 41 places behind Ukraine. What happened next was unexpected. I was in sheer jubilation, I could not believe it. Ukraine dominated us, in virtually every facet of the game, but somehow Pelliccioni hit a header early on to make it 1-0. Ukraine threw everything at us and Angelini showed that he ready to be touted as a World Class keeper by keeping everything out. As the second half drew further in Ukraine became more desperate, and we took full advantage as they sent everyone up, on 65 minutes, our fastest player Giancobbi caught a ball out wide from a clearance and ran the length to score. 2-0 and we looked like we were where we belonged... With the big boys of football.

Ukraine then opened the hole up for themselves as they then conceded an own goal from some shoddy clearance work which virtually put the game beyond doubt. to make matter worse, Sokol then got a red card as Ukraine started to vent their frustration, and from the resulting play we struck to make it 4-0 in the 88th minute. Ukraine, on their haunches, were bewildered as they were handed a heavy 4-0 blow by a side who was punching well above their weight. A second leg resulted, and Ukraine managed to take this one as expected, but even then it was a poor display as they won 2-1 at home, but not without us giving them a scare, sealing our qualification by scoring first.

What news did this bring? well for one, we were now within the top 50 teams, ranked 44th in the world! The bigger news? We had qualified for the World Cup. Spectacular. Everything aligned for us perfectly, from the group supplying us only with 2 teams really that were out of our league and managing to get results against them, to having one of the easier sides in the play-offs who just did not turn up to both legs for us to trounce them 5-2 on aggregate.

Our string of luck refused to end as we got a decent group we could compete with. I was not expecting progression, but who knows after our form this year. Only one loss and 10 games undefeated was incredible. A more detailed analysis of the group, our squad and the World Cup will come in its own update as it approaches.

2033 Best XI

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under

Aldo Angelini - 23

Now being rotated with Seguin, that is how far he has grown in the space of a year, and on top of that, has put in some world class performances to help the National team qualify for their first World Cup. One of the stars of the National team and destined to become a legend.

Alex Benvenuti - 20

Still in cahoots with Italy, but our recent form could be a cause for change. Will pursue him with all that I have to get him in the squad for the World Cup.

NEW - Paolo Bindi -16

Rejected all our call ups this year. Could be another amazing defender that will help us out a lot, but looks like another player we may loose to Italy.

Marco Bollini - 18

We finally have a striker who can hit the net and setup his team mates and look at the progress we have made? Expect him to have a very successful international career. Will be one of our key players in the World Cup.

Andrea Giacobbi - 23

One of the key players to step up this year. He is really coming in to his own, and his pace is a valuable asset to us as we get better.

Roberto Mularoni - 20

Had a few games as we still look for a solid starter beside Bollini up front.

Massimo Raschi - 23

Had a few games but failed to score. Still did well enough though, the results speak for themselves.

Davide Rinaldi - 23

No chance at ever being first choice, Angelini is now on the verge of being world class, while he enjoys free trips around the world to sit on a bench. Will be on the plane to the World Cup at least.

Christian Saracino - 20

As I say bench warmer, he hits a goal in the play-off's. Has a tough battle with Zanotti, but is fighting for the chance and delivering.

Federico Ugolini - 22

Struggled to get a look in based on the form of others last year but is still in my plans.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2032 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]
2033 – 44

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Aldo Angelini

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Andrea Giancobbi

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (91)
                 - Andy Selva             (74)
                 - Nicola Mularoni        (73)
                 - Dario Treccani         (72)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti         (68)
                 - Damiano Vannucci       (67)
                 - Andrea Casadei         (66)
                 - Alessandro Valentini   (62)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Andrea Pelliccioni      (12)
                 - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (12)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Marco Bollini           (9)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)
                 - Massimo Raschi          (6)
                 - Daniele Ceccoli         (5)
                 - Fabio Cesana            (5)
                 - Giorgio Fiorini         (5)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i] - 44th (2033)

[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i] - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)

[i]Highest Attendance[/i] - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Current All time cap holder, Bertolini has been the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

Class of 2033

15. Alessandro Valentini (2015-2028)

A great player who sparked the attacking flair of the team of the best art of a decade. Was a mentor and teacher to the youth players as they came through such as Zanotti and Mularoni and would of been happy to be part of the squad on their push to creating future stars that would compete on the bigger stages of football. Decided to retire at 32 but was part of the national team for the best part of 13 seasons and has helped hand the torch over to the next line of midfield players who are leading the team to new heights.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
[url="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6/valentini.jpg"]| Alessandro Valentini  | MC   | 62   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.49   |[/url]
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

I will provide an analysis of the World Cup squad with player screenshots as well as key players from the teams we are versing. I will also provide an around the ground type coverage.

This is my most exciting post so I'm hoping to get there within a day or 2 just so I can see how we go! Can't wait!

Wow well done FGreve! Champions League victory! A trophy that still eludes me.

Sad to see your challenge end, but if you do continue with Denmark, I would like to continue reading it if there is a Denmark forum to follow up in. Great job though :)

In other news. I am writing my International update as we speak! :)

Thanks. it wasn't good for the nerves as i really wanted to win it this season. And i'm confident you'll win it someday. maybe when your young players is a little more matured ^^'

And i'll continue with Denmark, but will not do updates on that in this thread, and don't think there is a denmark forum in here sadly enough.

And congratulations with your first world cup qualification! massive. you're now one step closer to become a fm legend if you succeed and go all the way with San Marino! good luck

I am sure that it is a group stage knockout, though I am just excited to have made it. Not sure how We managed some of those results. Ukraine, Ireland and Slovakia were some very big results... Whether wins or draws. I have gone close with the Faeroe Islands and in FM07 or FM06 I managed to go all the way with Jamaica, but San Marino must surely be impossible.

Well done with World Cup qualification, leonavich! It is really amazing. What an achievement.

I know! Very surprised. It all came from nothing really. We had been slowly improving, and then just had a blow out season. Angelini and Bollini have really made a difference to our quality overall in the last few years as they get better.

absolute shock for me too! here's hoping we can have the same kind of magic in the tournament itself.

Unfortunately been a bit busy so only into February/March. So wont have an update for at least a few more days. But I am super excited.

Club 2033-34

Season Review

The International scene this year was huge and had most of the nation as well as our team on a huge high. This was somewhat of a distraction as we struggled to really get involved in the title race this year, but were comfortably able to maintain Champions League football as well.

The year started well with a comfortable Champions League Qualification game over Leverkusen, before giving Inter a good 4-2 game to start the season of well. In fact our first 10 games were undefeated as we won our open CL group game over Lyon, and also included Serie A wins over the likes of Atalanta(3-1) and Modena (3-0). Our first lost came at the hands of Fiorentina before Lazio were dispatched 4-1 to get us back on track. Our incredible goal scoring to start the season continued as Milan where beaten 4-1 followed by 5-1 over Udinese, making it 13 goals in 3 games.

We were also undefeated in the CL after 4 games, with 3 wins and a draw until Anderlecht broke our run 2-1. Our form in general started to become shaky by this stage of the season as injuries started to mount. Loses to Bologna, Juventus and Ascoli dropped us from around the title challengers to Champions League fighters, but wins over Genoa and Pro Vercelli kept us with slim chances. We had a big game to close the year against Roma, however we failed to turn up as they beat us 4-2 and signalled that we were too far behind to compete with the biggest 2 clubs in the Serie A at the moment, Juventus and Roma.

In saying that, we did well to win an against the wall game against Juventus at home, 1-0 though we were well outclassed for most of the match, before Inter were once again beaten and Genoa were also dispatched 2-1 for progression to the Italian Cup Semi Final. Our inconsistent form struck again as Modena, currently 3rd, beat us in a reverse of the first game, 3-0, which was then followed by last place Atalanta picking up all 3 points in a 3-1 win which embarrassed me into dropping a few big names such as Grille, Seguin and Formiga who has been out of form.

We beat Roma in the first leg of the Italian Cup Semi final before being destroyed 4-1 to knock us out of that competition, and things went from bad to worse as we lost 1-0 to Shakhtar before drawing 3-3 at home to get knocked out of the Champions League in the first knockout round.

Losses to Cesena, Napoli and Milan put us well out of reach of the title, and left us struggling for the Champions League. We won 4 out of our last 5 games though to maintain some stability and ended up easily keeping 4th, but a fair distance away from the top three which is showing a gulf in class that we have to breach.

Three players reached 10 or more goals this year with Hemmings and Grille being the best of the bunch with 17. Nieuwenhuis managed just 11 while Bovu and Zumbi had 9 and 8 respectively from midfield and Macagno 6 from the back to round out our top finishers. Grille topped assists with 12 while Bovu notched 10 as our only double figure passers, while Borges at 37 managed 9. Marini (8) and Formiga (7) where the best from the backs, while Fowler gets an honourable mention, managing 6 in his first season at the club, and as a 19 year old to boot. Macagno dominated Player of the Match awards again with 11, as well as regular awards, picking up the Young Player of the Year as well as runner up for the third time in a row for Italian of the Year and Player of the Year. He also took home he Fans Player of the Year Award again.

A bit of a shocker and probably the saddest piece of news for football as a whole also sees Inter go down for the first time in their history, and to finally lose their claim of being the only team out of any of the major leagues to have never been relegated from the top division in their history.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Philippe Seguin     | 30      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 85%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.92   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Formiga             | 38 (5)  | 2    | 7    | 1    | 77%  | 5.43 | 1.36 | 43%  | 6    | 1    | 7.15   | 
| DCR  |      | Franco Macagno      | 48      | 6    | 2    | 11   | 72%  | 2.35 | 0.38 | 56%  | 1    | 0    | 7.76   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Tomaso Surano       | 14 (5)  | 0    | 3    | 0    | 71%  | 3.36 | 0.60 | 100% | 2    | 0    | 6.82   | 
| DL   | Inj  | Simongiorgio Marini | 50      | 4    | 8    | 2    | 70%  | 2.94 | 0.76 | 44%  | 5    | 0    | 7.35   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | José Borges         | 28 (1)  | 1    | 9    | 0    | 85%  | 5.11 | 0.71 | 23%  | 6    | 0    | 7.31   | 
| MCR  |      | Zumbi               | 25 (1)  | 8    | 5    | 4    | 84%  | 7.31 | 1.00 | 39%  | 9    | 0    | 7.44   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Marlon Bovu         | 48 (1)  | 9    | 10   | 1    | 78%  | 6.16 | 1.07 | 36%  | 11   | 0    | 7.38   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Tino Schneider      | 27 (2)  | 5    | 4    | 1    | 82%  | 5.99 | 1.04 | 41%  | 2    | 0    | 7.17   | 
| STCR |      | Guillermo Grille    | 42 (2)  | 17   | 12   | 3    | 75%  | 2.07 | 0.56 | 47%  | 5    | 0    | 7.39   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Ross Hemmings       | 25 (3)  | 17   | 5    | 5    | 71%  | 2.44 | 0.96 | 55%  | 4    | 0    | 7.46   | 
| S1   | Loa  | Aldo Angelini       | 22      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.01   | 
| S2   | Hol  | Ruud Nieuwenhuis    | 26 (5)  | 11   | 6    | 1    | 77%  | 2.16 | 1.06 | 45%  | 4    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Tiziano Dolci       | 13 (6)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 74%  | 4.92 | 0.96 | 40%  | 1    | 0    | 7.07   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Gennaro Connola     | 7 (3)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 78%  | 4.17 | 1.39 | 50%  | 3    | 0    | 6.92   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Dirk Stahl          | 11 (15) | 0    | 2    | 0    | 83%  | 5.24 | 1.18 | 13%  | 2    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Valerio Cascione    | 1 (4)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 86%  | 0.00 | 0.84 | 100% | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Nico Bochini        | 18 (4)  | 3    | 1    | 1    | 84%  | 4.21 | 0.55 | 41%  | 5    | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Luís Gustavo        | 11 (10) | 4    | 1    | 1    | 75%  | 3.08 | 0.81 | 39%  | 1    | 0    | 7.04   | 
| S9   |      | Nicola Mularoni     | 24 (20) | 1    | 3    | 1    | 83%  | 4.70 | 0.33 | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Paolo Bindi         | 4 (8)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 4.67 | 0.97 | -    | 1    | 0    | 6.73   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Mussa ****          | 26 (5)  | 1    | 0    | 0    | 81%  | 2.86 | 0.11 | 33%  | 2    | 0    | 7.13   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Paul Fowler         | 29 (11) | 3    | 6    | 0    | 79%  | 4.56 | 0.69 | 30%  | 5    | 0    | 6.96   | 
| -    | Inj  | Stéphane Mangan     | 5 (2)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 77%  | 5.22 | 3.13 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.98   | 
|      |      |                     |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]
[i]Under 20's Cup Runners Up[/i]    - 2026-27

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie C1/A Third Place[/i]       - 2015-16

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]
[i]Serie B Runners Up[/i]           - 2021-22 

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]           - 2026-27, 2029-30, 2031-32
[i]Serie A Champions[/i]            - 2030-31

[b][u]Italian Cups[/b][/u]
[i]Italian Cup Champions[/i]        - 2028-29, 2029-30
[i]Italian Cup Runners Up[/i]       - 2032-33
[i]Italian Super Cup Champions[/i]  - 2031-32
[i]Italian Super Cup Runners Up[/i] - 2029-30, 2030-31

[b][u]European Leagues[/b][/u]
[i]Europa League Champions[/i]      - 2028-29, 2031-32
[i]European Super Cup Champions[/i] - 2029-30
[i]European Super Cup Runners Up[/i]- 2032-33

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti       (2012-13)            
                                         - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b]2013-14[/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki      (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url]
                                         - Franco Macagno       [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini  [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari       (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2027-28)[/url], (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider       (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Philippe Seguin      (2031-32)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
[i]Serie A Fans Player of the Year Award[/i]     - Franco Macagno       (2033-34)

International

Africa

[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30), (2032-33)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b]         (2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2033-34)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33)
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2032-33)

Europe

[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Champions League Golden Shoe Award[/i]        - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)
[i]Champions League Dream Team[/i]               - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge    [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2033-34)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges          (2026-27)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Marcelo Olivari      (2026-27)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille     (2030-31)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)

International

[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31), (2031-32)

[b][u]Third Place[/u][/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2026-27)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis     (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano        (2027-28)[/b][/url]
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - Leon Breakenridge     (2032-33)

[b][u]International[/b][/u]

Africa

[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2033-34)

[b][u]World[/b][/u]

[i]Ballon D'or Nomination Shortlist[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32), (2032-33)

Club Achievements

Highest League Placing         - 1st Serie A                                    (2030-31)
Most Club Appearances          - Jose Borges 581                                (2033-34)
Most League Appearances        - Jose Borges 482                                (2033-34)
Most Club Goals                - Ruud Nieuwenhuis 257                           (2033-34)
Most League Goals              - Frederico Laurito 223                          (2023-24)
Most Club Assists              - Marlon Bovu          117                       (2033-34)
Most League Assists            - Francesco Di Tacchio 109                       (2025-26)
Highest Transfer Fee Paid      - Marcelo Olivari, Velez, £7,750,000             (2026-27) 
Highest Sammarinese Transfer   - Nicolo Zanotti, Napoli Co-Ownership, £500,000  (2025)
Highest Club Transfer          - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000      (2027-28)
Highest Attendance 	       - 36,053 v Cesena                                (2033-34)
Highest Average Attendance     - 25,961                                         (2032-33)
Highest Gate Receipts 	       - £1,630,000 v Lyon                              (2033-34)
Fastest goal 	               - 14 seconds, Frederico Laurito v Empoli Serie B (2016-17)
Biggest Win 	               - 7-1 v Albino Leffe                             (2019-20)
Consecutive Wins               - 8                                              (2028-29)
Games Without Losing           - 17                                             (2029-30)
Most Goals in Serie B Record   - 107                                            (2020-21)
Youngest Player in Serie A     - Andrea Giacobbi                                (2020-21)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
|----------------------|------|------|
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 581  |
| Luigi Bertolini      | DC   | 486  |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 468  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 455  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 451  |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 450  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 406  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 393  |
| Alessandro Grilli    | GK   | 353  |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  |
| Alessio Luciani      | DCLR | 303  |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  |
| Philippe Seguin*     | GK   | 287  |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 286  |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 277  |
| Mussa M'ong*         | DC   | 266  |
| Erik Cabalceta       | CB   | 259  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 195  |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 181  |
| Denis Bellotto       | MCR  | 170  |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 170  |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 170  |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Nicola Mularoni*     | DMC  | 144  |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 143  |
| Giovanni Caruso      | MC   | 142  |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Mauricio Ciminari    | DMC  | 120  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso       | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

20+ Club Goals since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps | League | Club | 
|----------------------|------|------|--------|------|
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 455  | 208    | 257  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 223    | 238  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 393  | 74     | 106  |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 195  | 74     | 101  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 70     | 73   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 55     | 56   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 451  | 46     | 53   |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 143  | 26     | 47   |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 181  | 29     | 45   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 37     | 38   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 468  | 30     | 38   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 37     | 37   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 35     | 36   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 406  | 27     | 35   |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  | 20     | 32   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 23     | 29   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 26     | 28   |
| Zumbi+               | MC   | 170  | 24     | 25   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 581  | 22     | 25   |
| Marcelo Olivari      | ST   | 54   | 20     | 24   |
| Franco Macagno+      | DC   | 170  | 18     | 23   |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  | 20     | 20   |
| Simongiorgio Marini+ | DLC  | 450  | 15     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club Assists since 2012

| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 393  | 93     | 117  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 109    | 114  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 455  | 66     | 91   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 82     | 85   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 581  | 71     | 79   |
| Nico Bochini*        | AMC  | 406  | 52     | 69   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 450  | 42     | 55   |
| Formiga*             | DR   | 277  | 38     | 54   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 451  | 37     | 48   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 43     | 44   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 40     | 41   |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 195  | 28     | 38   |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  | 37     | 37   |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  | 35     | 36   |
| Luis Gustavo*        | ST   | 181  | 26     | 36   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 32     | 35   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 32     | 32   |
| Dirk Stahl*          | D/DMC| 286  | 17     | 27   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 468  | 16     | 26   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 24     | 24   |
| Ross Hemmings+       | ST   | 143  | 20     | 23   |
| Zumbi+               | MC   | 170  | 15     | 23   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 22     | 22   |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Ruud Nieuwenhuis*    | ST   | 455  | 45     | 53   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 50     | 52   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 393  | 37     | 50   |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 170  | 29     | 46   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 37     | 37   |
| Tomaso Surano*       | DC   | 468  | 24     | 32   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 450  | 19     | 27   |
| Jose Borges*         | DMC  | 581  | 19     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |
| Guillermo Grille+    | ST   | 195  | 16     | 21   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

Fans Player of the Year awards

Name                   Year                Total
|----------------------|-------------------|------|
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021-25           | 4    |
| Marlon Bovu          | 2025/26, 2027-29  | 3    |
| Franco Macagno       | 2031-34           | 3    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Guillermo Grille     | 2030/31           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | 2029/30           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |
| Tomaso Surano        | 2026/27           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

No additions this season

San Marino Legends - The Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order.

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present) Stats Career Staff

The most prolific scorer the club has seen and a one time leader in all time appearances. Vice captain for many years, he was loyal and with the club through its growth from Serie C1/A though to Serie A, picking up awards such as Top Goal scorer along the way. Is now a part of the backroom staff and looking to continue on with the club for many more years to come.

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present) Stats Career Staff

Captain from Serie C1/A to Serie A, the all time leading caps for the club, Di Tacchio was a loyal member of the team and family. Well respected and picking up awards throughout his career, there are none more greater than the 4 Fans Player of the Year awards he has received by the fans of the club. One of the All time greats continues on as a backroom staff member.

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present) Stats Career Staff

Though he was only working with me for a short time as a player, he was our inaugural captain under my management and was our best player, making the Serie C1/A team of the year, Winning Serie C1/A Player of the Year and taking the Fans Player of the Year award. He then went on to become the u20's manager, keeping him at the club and has been involved in raising such players as Bertolini who is a future Hall of Fame candidate himself. His contribution to the team has been both on and off the field and as such, will be inducted as both a player and staff member in to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present) Stats Career Staff

Spent two long spells a the club, becoming one of the most capped and well respected payers the club has seen. With us from the Serie C1/A all the way through to the Serie A, he was able to command a place in the first team up until his last few years, when he became a bench and backup player. Was able to carry on until he was 37, sharing his playing career with a Reserve's Manager role for 6 seasons, now continuing this role at San Marino into his retirement. Able to play all across the backline, he became the bench mark of the ultimate defender at the club and was often revered as one of the clubs best ever, most solid defenders.

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026) Career

One of our most prolific midfielders, Danza was amazing through the early stage of San Marino, up until the Serie A. He was always able to find the right pass and ended his career with 41 assists for San Marino. Better still, he was also very good from the edge of the area and managed 38 goals for the club, some of which proved vital throughout his career. One of the best all round players to pull on a San Marino Jersey and rightly added to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019) Career

Villanova was one of the first fan favourites at San Marino, spending a couple of years at the club before and after I took charge. Was absolutely amazing in his opening 2 seasons as he dominated the charts for both assists and goals and controlled the Serie C1/A side along with Di Tacchio as one of the key contributors. As San Marino improved to the Serie B, Villanova lost his footing in the side and as our shape changed from one utilising wingers to one more focused down the middle, his role went from limited to none and he was loaned out for his last 2 years of his contract. Upon its expiring, he decided not to renew his contract and instead left to retire from the game at just 27 years of age. Despite his swift fall from grace, in 4 to 5 years of the 9 he spent at San Marino, he was truly one of the sides most gifted and best players

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018) Career Staff

With us for only 6 years, Paro was the heart and sole of the team and really shone when utilised in his favoured Defensive Midfield role. In fact, Paro's ability to supply and control the tempo of the match from this position is what led us to change the structure of the team and head in the direction of an anchor in midfield. To say the team was structured around him is an understatement as he was the leader before Di Tacchio took over, and is one of the main reasons the club rose from Serie C1/A to the Serie B so quickly. He retired and continues in the sport today as a Director of Football for Juve Stabia. He may one day come back to the club in the back room, but until then, will go down as a legend and pioneer of the San Marino midfield and the style of play we utilise today.

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019) Career

Was at the club before I arrived and was one of the first players to lead from the back line. He helped create a solid defence in the early seasons and was one of our most solid defenders in our push for Serie B football. He struggled with the step up though and become a reserve in his final seasons, making only one Serie B appearance, but remained loyal to the club and fulfilled his contract obligations with no complaints. He decided to retire at just 30 once his contract was not renewed as he was now struggling to keep up with players around him, but his role in the Serie C1/A side will not be forgotten.

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017) Career

Had a stay of 5 years, but in that time proved to be a great distributor of the ball and a very consistent performer. 3 of those seasons where successful first team positions as a key player, whilst one was as a provider and rotational distributor. Gained no great accolades but managed 14 assists in his 4 seasons as one of our defensive holding players, including one season alongside Paro as our defence helped us with Promotion. A key ingredient and one of the star players during our mediocre seasons, his only fault was being part of the side in the twilight years of his career. Had he been hear during his younger years and peak, he could of become an icon, if not a legend. Retired from all facets of the game at 33 but still supports us through the media from time to time.

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015) Career Staff

A fantastic defensive unit in our backline who did a lot in his short stint at the club. Though his tenure was only 4 seasons, 3 under me, he was inspirational and even took home the the Fans Player of the Year Award. Our goals and ambitions differed and he left for Pro Patria before successful stints at Andria and Catanzaro. Though his career remained at Serie C football, he was one of our key players, especially over his last 2 seasons and his love from the fans for such solid performances was undeniable. He has gone on to be a manager, currently at Venezia.

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Career Staff

Was at one time our first choice defender, proving a capable and solid Serie B and A player. In his stay at the club, he had 11 years total at Titani wih 7 great seasons, however towards the latter pat of his career, as the side started to push for higher positions as well, he became out of favour and players deemed stronger in the central defence where brought in to tighten the back line. His worthiness was evident in his 259 appearances, as well as his Fans Player of the Year Award, which he got in 2018-19 and is only the second defender to do so. Would not be out of place at his peak in the team of today and enters the hall of fame only just being ousted from the starting overall XI as of last season by a fuure hall of famer in Surano.

Class of 2031-32

12. Edoardo Pozzi (Player 2017-2030) Stats Career

A very stable player who managed to always do enough to hang around. Was always a threat and a compatible player in the midfield, able to slip back into the defensive midfield role if required. Was a starter for much of his time with us, but became a capable bench player and proved to be handy as an impact player as his career moved on. May be forgotten by many for his head down and behind the scenes attitude, but definitely one of the cogs that ticked in San Marino's rise to the top. A place in the Hall of Fame is that his efforts will not be forgotten.

13. Marco Bianchi (Player 2018-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed when he was entering his peak and showed his skill with his ability to defend all across the back line, but also to get a lot of assists from defence. This was a trend we exploited, and as a result of his great abilities, it is a tactic we still use to this day, 5 years after his retirement. He amassed 36 assists in less than 300 games from the backline and at the time of his retirement, was our most prolific defender in creating opportunities. Was heavily missed but has since stayed on and helps the younger players from time to time as a scout and with the tactics that made him a San Marino Hall of Famer.

Class of 2032-33

14. Luigi Bertolini (Player 2012-2031, Staff 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

An absolute legend for both club and country, he will definitely go down as one of the best to play for the side ever. He was always solid and a key component for 20 years, even playing 14 Serie A games in his final season for an average rating of 7.23. He was head and shoulders above the rest of Sammarinese products, not just from his generation, but from all players as he is the only player to be a consistent starter in a top league, which was ranked 2nd behind the Premier League during his time.

A youth Product who played with the team from Serie C1/A all the way through to winning the league in the Serie A in his final season, was fiercely loyal and will forever be remembered as the heart and sole of his club and country. He was lucky enough to be named captain sporadically throughout his career, including a few games of, as well as the final game of their first and only Serie A title to day. More than just an Icon, he is a legend and plans are afoot to erect a statue at the stadium, to be unveiled at the opening of the newly to be created grandstand next season.

Class of 2033-34

15. Alessandro Grilli (Player 2016-2030) Stats Career

He was our first choice keeper for a decade and as of 2034, is still our best ever keeper to date. Was an amazing contributor to the team and saved us many a time in our push from Serie B towards a Serie A title challenger. was loaned out as the team got bigger, but remained loyal and was at the club until his retirement, after starting out a young, budding keeper in our first Serie B campaign. Will take a lot of pushing to move from between the sticks, but if that day does ever come, he will always hold a place in the hearts of the San Marino faithful as one of the best shot stopper to wear the Azzuri e Blanco.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 486  | 16        | 8           | 13  | 7.07   |
| Marco Bianchi         | DRLC | 286  | 9         | 36          | 9   | 7.00   |
| Erick Cabalceta       | DC   | 259  | 11        | 4           | 14  | 6.93   |
| Dejan Danza           | MC   | 288  | 38        | 41          | 8   | 6.96   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio  | MC   | 419  | 56        | 114         | 37  | 7.22   |
| Vittorio Ferrero      | DC   | 73   | 3         | 0           | 4   | 7.12   |
| Alessandro Grilli     | GK   | 353  | 0(537)    | 3(96)       | 2   | 6.86   |
| Frederico Laurito     | ST   | 403  | 238       | 85          | 52  | 7.21   |
| Alessio Luciani       | DLRC | 303  | 12        | 13          | 6   | 6.81   |
| Gabriele Pacciardi    | DMC  | 130  | 8         | 14          | 0   | 7.01   |
| Matteo Paro           | DMC  | 134  | 5         | 15          | 2   | 6.92   |
| Carlo Pelagatti       | DRC  | 123  | 0         | 9           | 3   | 6.97   |
| Davide Poletti        | MCL  | 50   | 11        | 15          | 7   | 6.97   |
| Edoardo Pozzi         | MC   | 314  | 28        | 35          | 7   | 6.99   |
| Marco Villanova       | AMRL | 126  | 29        | 22          | 3   | 6.98   |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

The World Cup Run

The 23 Player Squad

Each player's profile has been attached and listed as of the selecting deadline and placed in order of preferred starting positions. All Trials in the lead up to the World Cup will be covered.

[b]Position   Name                  Age    Caps  Goals   Assists[/b]
[url="http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9145/aldo.jpg"][b]1.  GK   - Aldo Angelini[/url]       | 25   | 52   | 1(86) | 1(16)  |[/b]
[url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6918/della.jpg"][b]2.  RB   - Matteo Della Valle[/url]  | 23   | 35   | 0     | 2      |[/b]
[url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8536/zann.jpg"][b]3.  RCB  - Matteo Zanotti[/url]      | 18   | 7    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/710/andreaf.jpg"][b]4.  LCB  - Andrea Pelliccioni[/url]  | 31   | 92   | 12    | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5569/ceccw.jpg"][b]5.  LB   - Roberto Ceccoli[/url]     | 23   | 7    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6121/mularoni.jpg"][b]6.  DMC  - Nicola Mularoni (C)[/url] | 26   | 74   | 5     | 9      |[/b]
[url="http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3773/buccib.jpg"][b]7.  MR   - Mauro Bucci[/url]         | 26   | 50   | 4     | 9      |[/b]
[url="http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6811/nicoloc.jpg"][b]8.  MC   - Nicolo Zanotti (VC)[/url] | 26   | 69   | 12    | 2      |[/b]
[url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9605/giank.jpg"][b]9.  ML   - Andrea Giancobbi[/url]    | 23   | 59   | 4     | 12     |[/b]
[url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5451/bollini.jpg"][b]10. ST   - Marco Bollini[/url]       | 19   | 21   | 9     | 3      |[/b]
[url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1616/mirco.jpg"][b]11. ST   - Mirco Francioni[/url]     | 17   | 3    | 2     | 1      |[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5678/branb.jpg"][b]12. BGK  - Michele Bacciocchi[/url]  | 17   | 0    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4579/gianniq.jpg"][b]13. BD   - Matteo Gianni[/url]       | 18   | 1    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2152/saracin.jpg"][b]14. BM   - Christian Saracino[/url]  | 21   | 10   | 1     | 1      |[/b]
[url="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6459/gaspk.jpg"][b]15. BST  - Gaspare Barone[/url]      | 24   | 3    | 1     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1205/tonea.jpg"][b]16. BD   - Remo Tonelli[/url]        | 29   | 15   | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1829/ugos.jpg"][b]17. BM   - Daniele Ugolini[/url]     | 18   | 1    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4427/angas.jpg"][b]18. BST  - Nicola Angelini[/url]     | 25   | 10   | 1     | 2      |[/b]
[url="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4118/robox.jpg"][b]19. BD   - Roberto Mularoni[/url]    | 21   | 1    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/995/fedv.jpg"][b]20. BM   - Federico Ugolini[/url]    | 22   | 19   | 1     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9778/rinu.jpg"][b]21. BGK  - Davide Rinaldi[/url]      | 23   | 5    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[url="http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8854/emuv.jpg"][b]22. BM   - Emanuele Piscitelli[/url] | 24   | 4    | 0     | 1      |[/b]
[url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7096/ivansl.jpg"][b]23. BM   - Ivan Biordi[/url]         | 17   | 0    | 0     | 0      |[/b]
[b]Totals                         | 516  | 538  | 53    | 43     |[/b]
[b]Averages                       | 22.4 | 23.4 | 2.3   | 1.9    |[/b]

The Average age of the squad is very young at 22.4, with only one player in their 30's and 6 out of the 23 being under the age of 20. This could of been even younger had Broccoli been kept in the squad, at just 15.

Despite a number of players making their debuts in the world cup, or just prior, having only one cap; the average number of caps per player is actually more than the average age of the players at 23.4. The first team are the carriers for this world cup with 469 of the total 538 caps amassed amongst the 23 player squad, at an average of 42.6 caps per player.

With just under 43 caps on average per player in the starting squad, it is pretty amazing to think there is that much experience considering the average age of these players is just 23.4

The team has scored a total of 53 goals amongst them, an average return of 2.3 goals per 23.4 caps. The strikers have a better return ration with 13 goals in 37 caps amongst the 4 of them, for a return of an average of a goal every 1 in 3 games played. Combined they average they have an average of 9.25 caps amongst them and 3.25 goals.

Our most useful player is Giancobbi with 16 results out of our total of 96 (goals and assists). He is involved in 23% of all our plays that result in a goal.

Whilst 28% of all assists come through Giancobbi, Pelliccioni and Zanotti attribute just under 23% each, of our total goals. that is around 45% of our total scoring coming from just two players, neither of which are strikers.

In fact 40 of our 53 goals are from defence or midfield... Even one from the goal keeper! That is equivalent to 75.4% of our goals!

Regular Left Back Davide Bollini is out injured for 7 week to 2 months, costing us a player with 27 caps experience, in replace for Ceccoli who has just 7 caps under his belt.

Paolo Bindi refuses to play for us, resulting in Della Valle being named as our starting Right Back, a significant reduction in talent had Bindi decided to suit up for us.

Road to World Cup Trial 1 vs Gambia

A pretty boring first half as both sides spent more time sussing each other out than attacking, though we looked the stronger and had more opportunities. The tie was somewhat subdued, likely due to not wanting any further injuries, especially from a San Marino point of view as the World Cup loomed.

The second half saw a bit more life come to the match, and the dead lock was broken 50 minutes in by a lovely ball whipped in from the left by Giancobbi, hitting Francioni beautifully around the 6 yard box for an easy tap in. Gambia decided not to press, considering it a friendly, and it gave us the opportunity to play around with the ball and familiarise ourselves with some Australian turf in preparation for the World Cup. The passing paid off as Bollini held the ball up well allowing Bucci to make a run into the box and finish a lovely piece of movement. This rounded out the match as fresh legs were put on to get a bit of a run around, and 2-0 the score remained for a well deserved win and a good start to our World Cup campaign.

San Marino (40) 2 - [Mirco Francioni ('50), A by Andrea Giancobbi], [Mauro Bucci ('63), A by Marco Bollini]

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Della Valle (\/ '73), Matteo Zanotti, Andrea Pelliccioni (\/ '88), Roberto Ceccoli, Nicola Mularoni © (\/ '88), Mauro Bucci, Nicolo Zanotti (VC) (\/ '73), Andrea Giancobbi, Marco Bollini (\/ '73), Mirco Francioni (\/ '85)

Reserves: Michele Bacciocchi, Matteo Gianni (/\ '73), Christian Saracino, Gaspare Barone (/\ '85), Remo Tonelli, Daniele Ugolini (/\ '88), Nicola Angelini (/\ '73), Roberto Mularoni (/\ '88), Federico Ugolini (/\ '73)

VS

Gambia (46) 0

Yellow Cards: Nicola Mularoni (45 +1)

Player of the Match: Nicola Mularoni (8.5)

Road to World Cup Trial 2 vs Finland

Finland came flying out of the blocks and caught us off guard as the peppered the goal with plenty of shots early. Nykanen scored a somewhat fortunate goal though, to open scoring, picking up a wobbly cross from Kotamaki that deflected into the net from a sloppy shot. His second goal, was of a much higher calibre, and Kotamaki weaved through a number of players in the midfield before lofting a pass into the center of the box where Nykanen controlled it a easily slotted it past the keeper. This coming in 26 minutes, I was ready for a blow out and started tinkering right away making a change at half time.

The utilisation of substitutions throughout the half seemed to somewhat stem the flow that Finland had, and we managed to cruise through the final half not really threatening but also not being threatened. A 2-0 loss, but one which we defended reasonably well, without our strongest line up out there. I was quite happy with the result and was looking forward to our next match verse Australia, the home side for the tournament and a good challenge to see how we would perform against teams in the competition.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Della Valle (\/ '57), Remo Tonelli, Roberto Mularoni, Matteo Gianni (\/ '57), Nicola Mularoni ©, Mauro Bucci (\/ '68), Daniele Ugolini (\/ '62), Andrea Giancobbi (\/ '84), Marco Bollini, Gaspare Barone (\/ '45)

Reserves: Michele Bacciocchi, Roberto Ceccoli (/\ '57), Christian Saracino (/\ '84), Matteo Zanotti, (/\ '57), Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '62), Nicola Angelini (/\ '45), Emanuele Piscitelli (/\ '68), Federico Ugolini, Ivan Biordi

VS

Finalnd (34) 2 - [Lari Nykanen ('14), A by Mika Kotamaki, ('26), A by Mika Kotamaki]

Yellow Cards: Hans Malm (73) Finland

Player of the Match: Lari Nykanen (8.7) Finland

Road to World Cup Trial 3 vs Australia

An unlucky game that we should of won given some of our clear cut chances that we failed to put away, it was rather quite a dull game with two sides that spectators both don't really rate as a chance out of their respective group stages. Either way, San Marino perhaps played the better, arguably getting the best chance in the 40th minute with Bollini hitting the post on a glancing header. The game looked set for a draw, after San Marino also had a goal in the second half disallowed, a free kick for a push in the back while rising to head the ball, however a lapse in judgement and tired legs from the veteran Pelliccioni saw Joshua McNamara slip through and finish on the 6 yard line for Australia to make it a 1-0 win and a disappointing loss.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Gianni, , Andrea Pelliccioni, Roberto Ceccoli (\/ '61), Matteo Della Valle (\/ '56), Nicola Mularoni © (\/ '71), Emanuele Piscitelli, Christian Saracino (\/ '56), Federico Ugolini (\/ '61), Nicola Angelini (\/ '45), Mirco Francioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Remo Tonelli (/\ '71), Matteo Zanotti, (/\ '61), Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '61), Gaspare Barone, Ivan Biordi (/\ '56), Marco Bollini (/\ '45), Daniele Ugolini, Roberto Mularoni (/\'56)

VS

Australia (66) 1 - [Joshua McNamara ('77), A by Massamilliano Spinelli]

Yellow Cards: None

Player of the Match: Pasquale McGowan (8.2) Australia

Road to World Cup Trial 4 vs Poland

A very boring game after such an action opening. Barone opened the scoring with a surprisingly well stuck shot from just inside the area, catching the keeper of guard, only to see Poland strike 2 minutes later, from the kick off with a wonderful bit of one touch passing to thread through the defence. After 2 goals in the opening 6 minutes, both sides just shut off, and played more of a practice style, not wanting to do any one damage. Neither side threatened thereon out, except for one chance a piece towards the end of the second half, Poland whizzing the ball passed the top corner while San Marino had the shot cleared from the line, both chances within plays of each other in the dying embers of the game.

San Marino (40) 1 - [Gaspare Barone ('4)]

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Gianni (\/ '56), Remo Tonelli (\/ '45), Roberto Mularoni, Matteo Della Valle, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '71), Mauro Bucci (\/ '69), Federico Ugolini (\/ '56), Andrea Ginacobbi (\/ '69), Gaspare Barone, Mirco Francioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Andrea Pelliccioni (/\ '56), Nicola Mularoni © (/\ '71), Nicolo Zanotti, Ivan Biordi, Daniele Ugolini (/\ '56), Roberto Ceccoli (/\'45), Emanuele Piscitelli (/\ '69), Christian Saracino (/\ '69)

VS

Poland (76) 1 - [Pawel Baranowski ('6), A by Anderzej Dankowski]

Yellow Cards: Roberto Mularoni ('29)

Injuries: Federico Ugolini (minor knock)

Player of the Match: Anderzej Dankowski (7.9) Poland

Road to World Cup Trial 5 vs Cyprus

I know I had put too many games together, but I wanted to players to get as much experience as they could, and it seemed to back fire in this game as tired legs came out and put in a very lacklustre performance. Cyprus didn't play well, we just played bad as we let them walk over us in the opening stages. Patsalis struck first after Cyprus dominated possession early, a good shot after a nice threaded pass from Giorgiadis. We didn't pick up our game, and 10 minutes later Pasilais was able to score an easy tap in after some poor defending failed to get to the loose ball.

From the second half, after some fresher legs were brought on, we changed the tide of the match, but failed to convert as we ended up going down 2-0 in a very poor game.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '61), Remo Tonelli (\/ '45), Roberto Mularoni (\/ '56), Matteo Gianni, Emanuele Piscitelli (\/ '56), Christian Saracino (\/ '56), Nicolo Zanotti, Ivan Biordi (\/ '45), Marco Bollini, Nicola Angelini

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Mattia Della Valle (/\ '56), Nicola Mularoni © (/\ '45), Gaspare Barone (/\ '61), Andea Pelliccioni (/\ '45), Daniele Ugolini, Roberto Ceccoli (/\'56), Mirco Francioni, Fedeico Ugolini

VS

Cyprus (120) 2 - [Panagiotis Patsalis ('18), A by Lefteri Girogiadis], [sofronis Pasialis ('29), A by Chris Manoli]

Yellow Cards: Christian Saracino ('26), Lefteris Giorgiadis ('49) Cyprus

Injuries: N/A

Player of the Match: Lefteris Giorgiadis (8.6) Cyprus

Road to World Cup Trial 6 vs Angola

After our previous match, I was not going to allow another performance as poor as that so fielded a much stronger side. It didn't seem to have much effect early n as Angola came out of the blocks and hit us by surprise, taking a 1-0 lead within the opening 2 minutes. We finally go the pace to our standard and started to create opportunities, with our speedy wingers being the center of our plays. Eventually it paid dividents as just before the beak, Bucci whipped in a lovely ball for Ugolini to attach his head to, which drew as level coming in to the break.

The second half was much of the same as our wingers continued to pepper the box until Giancobbi darted down the line and got a ball in that cleared Angola's defence and found an open Barone at the far post to tap in what would be the winner 78 minutes in. This was a much better performance and against a decent opposition, so was much more pleased with how the team pulled through.

San Marino (40) 2 - [Daniele Ugolini ('42), A by Mauro Bucci], [Gaspare Barone ('78), A by Andrea Giancobbi]

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Zanotti , Remo Tonelli, Roberto Mularoni (\/ '78), Matteo Della Valle, Mauro Bucci, Andrea Giacobbi, Daniele Ugolini, Ivan Biordi (\/ '45), Gaspare Barone, Mirco Francini (\/ '78)

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Emmanuele Piscitelli, Matteo Gianni, Christian Saracino, Andea Pelliccioni (/\ '45), Michele Bacciocchi, Roberto Ceccoli (/\ '78), Nicola Angelini (/\ '78), Fedeico Ugolini

VS

Angola (77) 1 - [Atur Luciano ('2), A by Eduardo Souza]

Yellow Cards: N/A

Player of the Match: Daniele Ugolini (7.6)

Road to World Cup Trial 7 vs Ecuador

A match I was hoping to remain competitive in, we got blown out of the water by a very clinical Ecuador side. Things were even for the majority of the match until Quinto was able to get a freekick for Ecuador and convert from the spot on 37 minutes. We perhaps had the best chance of the half as a shot was cleared off the line at the whistle, but Ecuador showed that you have to take chances as Quinto got a brace, scoring a sublime finish from the 6 yard line as he picked up the scraps of some loose ball work.

Velastegui rounded us off with a nicely placed shot on 63 minutes that once again seemed to stem from nothing, and showed just how ruthless the World Cup would be against superior opposition and with poor finishing on our behalf.

I also found that Carlos seems to be a fairly common name, being involved in all but two of the moves leading to and including the goals.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '45), Roberto Ceccoli, Roberto Mularoni, Matteo Della Valle, Mauro Bucci (\/ '63), Andrea Giacobbi, Daniele Ugolini, Nicola Mularoni ©, Marco Bollini, Mirco Francini

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Emmanuele Piscitelli, Matteo Gianni (/\ '45), Christian Saracino, Andea Pelliccioni, Michele Bacciocchi, Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '63), Nicola Angelini, Fedeico Ugolini

VS

Ecuador (73) 1 - [Armando Quinton (pen) ('37), A by Carlos Quinonez, ('49), A by Carlos Julian Ochoa], [Carlos Velastegui ('63), A by Carlos Quinonez]

Injuries: Geovanny Gordon Ecuador

Player of the Match: Armando Quinton (8.8) Ecuador

Road to World Cup Trial 8 vs Estonia

We controlled the game from start to finish and came out lethal for a change, by scoring with our opening shot, Zanotti reaching the new record with 13 International goals. A great achievement, but this seemed to get in the way of our performance as the players dropped f and became complacent. We still controlled the game but we let Estonia back in, and they finally took their chance in the 77th minute through Vassilijev to make it 1-1. That is how the match ended, and despite not winning, I am not too unhappy with how we played as we controlled the game well.

San Marino (40) 1 - [Nicolo Zanotti ('26), A by Emmanuele Piscitelli]

Michele Bacciocchi, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '45), Federico Ugolini (\/ '45), Andrea Pelliccioni, Matteo Gianni, Ivan Biordi (\/ '77), Emmanuele Piscitelli, Christian Saracino, Daniele Ugolini, Marco Bollini (\/ '77, Nicola Angelini

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Mirco Fancioni (/\ '77), Andea Pelliccioni, Andrea Giancobbi (/\ '77), Roberto Mularoni, Federico Ugolini, Nicola Mularoni, Aldo Angelini, Mattia Della Valle (/\ '45), Remo Tonelli © (/\ '45), Mauro Bucci

VS

Estonia(136) 1 - [Anton Vassilijev ('77), A by Renne Ossipov]

Yellow Cards: Juri Koger ('27) Estonia

Player of the Match: Hans Pohlak (8.4) Estonia

Road to World Cup Trial 9 vs Faroe Islands

A good performance to pull of a victory during our heavy pre World Cup schedule. The players have managed to build up their cohesiveness and are now familiar with our formation and style of play. With a good rest, this may give us a chance of some wins in the group stage.

Back to the game and Faroe Islands struck first early out of the blocks catching us off guard, but it was their only play of the game as we controlled the rest of the match, not allowing them another shot. Bucci was a constant threat on the right and proved his pace too much by lofting a ball in for Bollini to head home on 26 minutes. Just prior to the end of the half, he once again threaded a lovely ball to Zanotti who made light work of the setup and slotted home for the second, and the match. The second half was more a test of our possession skills as I had them play possession football to retain theball and get better with their teamwork and passing abilities.

San Marino (40) 2 - [Marco Bollini ('26), A by Mauro Bucci], [Nicolo Zanotti ('42), A by Mauro Bucci]

Michele Bacciocchi, Matteo Zanotti, Federico Ugolini, Andrea Pelliccioni, Matteo Gianni, Nicolo Zanotti (\/ '45), Andrea Giancobbi (\/ '45), Nicola Mularoni ©, Mauro Bucci, Marco Bollini, Nicola Angelini

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Mirco Fancioni, Andea Pelliccioni, Emmanuele Piscitelli, Roberto Mularoni, Federico Ugolini, Christian Saracino (/\ '45), Aldo Angelini, Mattia Della Valle (/\ '45), Remo Tonelli, Daniele Ugolini, Ivan Biordi

VS

Faroe Islands (181) 1 - [Rogvi Enghamar ('9), A by Andras Jacobson]

Yellow Cards: Matteo Gianni ('50), Marco Bollini ('70), Poul Ellingsgaard ('17) Faroe Islandes

Player of the Match: Mauro Bucci (8.3)

Road to World Cup Trial 10 vs Palestine

A great game as we dominated from start to finish and gives me hope that we can really cause a stir in the group games. Our right side proved most ferocious as we dominated the second half through Bucci and Della Valle, both whipping in 3 goals from nice wide plays, 2 of which were crosses, one being a low laid of pass to Bollini to finish comfortably. Our first half was very poised but we came to life in the second and if we can like this in the World Cup, we could turn a few heads.

San Marino (40) 3 - [Andrea Giancobbi ('64), A by Mattia Della Valle], [Mirco Francioni ('73), A by Mauro Bucci], [Marco Bollini ('87), A by Mattia Della Valle]

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '75), Mattia Della Valle, Roberto Ceccoli, Roberto Mularoni (\/ '75), Emmanuele Piscitelli (\/ '65), Andrea Giancobbi (\/ '65), Nicola Mularoni ©, Ivan Biordi (\/ '65), Gaspare Barone (\/ '65), Mirco Fancioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Nicola Angelini, Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '65), Matteo Gianni, Federico Ugolini (/\ '65), Christian Saracino (/\ '45), Michele Bacciocchi, Andrea Pelliccioni (/\ '75), Remo Tonelli (/\ '75), Daniele Ugolini, Mauro Bucci (/\ '65), Marco Bollini (/\ '65)

VS

Palestine (148) 0

Yellow Cards: Ivan Biordi ('31), Ibrahim Abu-Rya ('2), Dia Elhalim ('82) Palestine

Player of the Match: Mattia Della Valle (8.1)

Road to World Cup Trial 11 vs Bolivia

A very boring match that we lost probably through boredom. The quality was poor from both sides and it took until about 30 minutes in before a shot was even had. The game could and should of been a deadlock, and was so until Quevedo scored a tame effort in the 78th minute. Instead of lifting, our side remained static and allowed Gutierrez to grab a poor backpass and seal the game off 5 minutes from time. We need to lift and can't afford this kind of complacency in the tournament.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '12), Mattia Della Valle, Roberto Ceccoli (\/ '78), Roberto Mularoni, Mauro Bucci (\/ '90), Andrea Giancobbi (\/ '78), Nicola Mularoni ©, Ivan Biordi (\/ '45), Gaspare Barone (\/ '45), Mirco Fancioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Nicola Angelini, Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '45), Matteo Gianni, Federico Ugolini (/\ '65), Christian Saracino (/\ '90), Michele Bacciocchi, Andrea Pelliccioni (/\ '12), Remo Tonelli (/\ '78), Daniele Ugolini (\/ '78), Emmanuele Piscitelli, Marco Bollini (/\ '45)

VS

Bolivia (137) 2 - [Oscar Quevedo ('78), A by Fernando Huarana], [Rodrigo Alejandro Gutierrez ('84), A by Vladimir Diaz]

Injuries: Matteo Zanotti

Player of the Match: Oscar Quevedo (7.5) Bolivia

Road to World Cup Trial 12 vs Lithuania

Another poor match with one of our stronger sides in our busy World Cup lead in. we tried some different formations and tactics which didn't seem to work, but the saving grace was Angelini in goals who was keeping like a madman. We conceded early, but Angelini kept absolutely everything out and kept us in the match. With 2 games left, its time to ease the burden and find our best XI to run with in the group stage.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Andrea Pelliccioni, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '45), Matteo Gianni, Remo Tonelli, Federico Ugolini (\/ '45), Andrea Giancobbi, Nicola Mularoni ©, Daniele Ugolini, Nicola Angelini, Mirco Fancioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Gaspare Barone, Nicolo Zanotti, Roberto Ceccoli, Mauro Bucci (/\ '45), Christian Saracino , Michele Bacciocchi, Mattia Della Valle (/\ '45), Roberto Mularoni, Ivan Biordi, Emmanuele Piscitelli, Marco Bollini

VS

Lithuania (159) 1 - [Giedrius Zukauskas ('8), A by Deividas Petkevicius]

Yellow Cards: Andrea Giancobbi ('14)

Player of the Match: Aldo Angelini (8.4)

Road to World Cup Trial 13 vs Rwanda

A good match to get back on track for our World Cup campaign as we started the half out very strongly. Giancobbi showed why he is an important memeber of the team by tearing apart the opposition down the left, whipping in a few balls early to set up some trouble. It wasn't until the 28th minute that one of his balls stuck, reaching the head of Gaspare as he headed home to make it 1-0. Our second goal was from a set piece as Zanotti took a deep kick that once again found the head of Gaspare in the box. This was looking good for us as aerial threats were our best chance with pacey wingers in Giancbbi and Bucci. The second half came through and I decided to change it up a bit with a couple of changes at the back and up front, but it seems the impact hit the middle with Giancobbi teeing of a great ball to Saracino just after the break to hit a great strike and make it 3-0.

Rwanda never gave up and managed to pull one back as we eased of the pedal, but the win was good for moral and leading in to the tournament in just over a week. Northern Ireland would be our biggest challenge as it was our last trial, and an important game for moral and final tweaks to the line up.

San Marino (40) 3 -[Gaspare Barone ('28) A by Andrea Giancobbi, ('37) A by, Matteo Zanotti], [Christian Saracino ('47) A by Andrea Giancobbi]

Aldo Angelini, Andrea Pelliccioni, Matteo Zanotti (\/ '45), Roberto Ceccoli, Roberto Mularoni, Nicolo Zanotti, Andrea Giancobbi (\/ '69), Nicola Mularoni ©, Christian Saracino, Gaspare Barone (\/ '45), Mirco Fancioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Nicola Angelini (/\ '45), Federico Ugolini, Matteo Gianni, Mauro Bucci (/\ '69), Daniele Ugolini, Michele Bacciocchi, Mattia Della Valle (/\ '45), Remo Tonelli, Ivan Biordi, Emmanuele Piscitelli, Marco Bollini

VS

Rwanda (72) 1 - [Jeannot Ntazinda ('69)]

Yellow Cards: Barnabe Nzarora ('89) Rwanda

Player of the Match: Aldo Angelini (8.7)

Road to World Cup Trial 14 vs Northern Ireland

Our final test and one that I wanted our defence to pull up well in as I knew it was our biggest chance in getting any results in the tournament. I made sure that we came out aggressive but very strong along the back. both sides made a number of chances but overall, the game came sown to a battle defence as we kept them to 4 shots, likewise they to us, but it was an effort I was happy with. Despite being scoreless, both sides made it entertaining with the 4 shots from either side needing creativity to get into a decent position. The best chance of the game came around 60 minutes in when Mularoni weaved through the Northern Ireland defence, made it to the keeper, only to put it into the post, and for it to deflect across the open goal, missing the path of the on coming Angelini and being safely cleared by the Northern Ireland defence.

San Marino (40) 0

Aldo Angelini, Andrea Pelliccioni (\/ '57), Matteo Gianni, Mattia Della Valle (\/ '57), Remo Tonelli, Mauro Bucci (\/ '57), Andrea Giancobbi ©, Emmanuele Piscitelli (\/ '45), Federico Ugolini (\/ '57), Ivan Biordi (\/ '45), Mirco Fancioni

Reserves: Davide Rinaldi, Nicola Angelini (/\ '45), Christian Saracino, Matteo Zanotti (/\ '57), Nicolo Zanotti (/\ '57), Daniele Ugolini, Michele Bacciocchi, Roberto Ceccoli (/\ '57), Roberto Mularoni (/\ '57), Gaspare Barone, Nicola Mularoni (/\ '45), Marco Bollini

VS

Northern Ireland (124) 0

Yellow Cards: Mirco Francioni ('75), Tommy Doherty ('29), Neil Anderson ('41) Northern Ireland

Player of the Match: Aldo Angelini (8.7)

World Cup Week

The team has gone in to camp. No injuries have onset our team of 23 as we get ready for our first World Cup. Our fixture list is as follows. My aim will be to pick up a point against Mexico and be competitive in the remaining two games:

20/6/2034 V Ghana (6)

26/6/2034 V Mexico (22)

30/6/2034 V Colombia (13)

World Cup Group Match 1 vs Ghana

Pre-Game Report

Summary

The match couldn't of started any better as Robert Mularoni got his head on the end of a corner within 10 minutes of the match starting, hitting the bar in the process for a spectacular goal. We managed to hold off for a while, and I had the team come out much harder into the tackles to try and stem their flow of possession. They started to over power us and after 28 minutes in, were able to grab an equaliser.

We did well to hold off until the break and tried to regroup, getting a few opportunities to take the lead early in the second half, however we lacked the quality that Ghana had and soon were being over powered again. Ghana started creating opportunities at will and Nyarko eventually broke the dead lock with a speculative effort n 78 minutes.

We did well to hang in the match that long, but once the second goal game, it was like a blow to the stomach, and with the wind out of our sails, Ghana hit a third to put the game beyond doubt.

Match Report

San Marino (40) 1 VS Ghana (6) 3

Roberto Mularoni ('7)

Other Matches

Group A

Iraq 1 VS Ireland 2

Egypt 1 VS France 2

Group B

Spain 6 VS Nigeria 1

Switzerland 2 VS Honduras 0

Group C

Ivory Coast 0 VS Scotland 1

Japan 0 VS Argentina 0

Group D

England 1 VS South Korea 0

Uruguay 2 VS Croatia 1

Group E

Iran 0 VS Sweden 2

Slovenia 1 VS Brazil 1

Group F

Italy 4 VS China 0

Greece 2 VS Senegal 0

Group G

Mexico 1 VS Colombia 1

Group H

Australia 0 VS U.S.A. 3

Peru 0 VS Holland 3

* Please click on the Pre-Game and Match Reports for screenshots of our line up and other details about the matches (It is easier to get the info up this way)

World Cup Group Match 2 vs Mexico

Pre-Game Report

Summary

Mexico deserved this match hands down. They out shot us, and out played us, but struggled to find the opening they needed to take the lead. I was confident that we could make it to the break, but disaster struck when we fumbled around and allowed them to take the lead right on half time through a free kick lofted into the box. We defended really well and forced them in to long shots and at one stage, we looked quite comfortable within the match and even had an opportunity of our own, but Mexico showed their class and had a brilliant passing movement to work the ball into the box for Patino to score in the bottom right corner.

Instead of our heads dropping, we somehow lifted and started to work the ball around nicely. As both teams started to tire, our pace started to work into the game and in the 83rd minute, Bucci flicked the ball on to Giannini who overlapped from defence to get a great chance in the box. Mexico could not keep up with us during this run of play and pulled down Giannini for us to earn a penalty. Giancobbi stepped up and slotted home comfortably to get us back in the game with 7 minutes of regular time to play. Mexico started to sweat and we continued to push, and things did not help Mexico as they picked up an injury a minute later to put them a man down. 10 on 11, and we really put the game to Mexico, but just couldn't squeeze out a decent enough chance. 3 minutes of stoppage time was held up and some players started to loose sight of the result. Not Giancobbi or Pelliccioni, who worked together on the final play of the match, 2 minutes beyond the regulated stoppage, 5 minutes over the 90 minutes, Giancobbi turning provider this time as he whipped a floating cross in. Pelliccioni, the veteran and oldest player in the squad, showed he had the legs to out jump his marker and get a glance on to the ball to hit the leveller and get a point for San Marino!! A fantastic result that had the squad in jubilation!

Match Report

San Marino (40) 2 VS Mexico (22) 2

Andrea Giancobbi (pen '83), Andrea Pelliccioni (90+5)

Player of the Match - Nicola Mularoni (8.1)

Group G Match Day 2

groupgy.jpg

Other Matches

Group A

France 4 VS Iraq 1

Ireland 2 VS Egypt 1

Group B

Nigeria 2 VS Switzerland 2

Honduras 1 VS Spain 4

Group C

Scotland 1 VS Japan 1

Argentina 1 VS Ivory Coast 0

Group D

Croatia 2 VS England 2

South Korea 0 VS Uruguay 0

Group E

Brazil 1 VS Iran 0

Sweden 1 VS Slovenia 0

Group F

Senegal 1 VS Italy 4

China 2 VS Greece 4

Group G

Colombia 1 VS Ghana 0

Group H

Holland 1 VS Australia 0

U.S.A. 0 VS Peru 0

* Please click on the Pre-Game and Match Reports for screenshots of our line up and other details about the matches (It is easier to get the info up this way)

World Cup Group Match 3 vs Colombia

Pre-Game Report

Summary

Coming up against 13th in the world, being ranked 40th yourself, needing a win to have any chance of progression, doesn't seem very likely to be a positive situation, right?

Well San Marino have an instilled belief that differs as we came out like a team that were favourites. The opening phases of the match had us dominating Colombia and the surprise was obvious on their faces as they weren't quite sure how to respond. Like the later stages of the Mexico game, we piled bodies forward and created an overlap allowing us to have a great chance winning a corner around 35 minutes in. From the ensuing corner, Pelliccioni once again climbed higher, causing the defender to pull him down, resulting in the referee calling a penalty. Giancobbi slotted home from the spot to give us a 1-0, but unlike the Ghana game, we continued to remain competitive and did not fold under the pressure of the opposition.

Colombia fought back and created a number of chances, but our defence remained solid and the frustration boiled over into half time, where they decided to come out more aggressively. This backfired in a big way as Barone was able to counter attack 10 minutes into the second half and coolly finish with the calibre of a world beater to make it 2-0 and really put the pressure on Colombia to come up with a big play to get back in the game. Their frustration led to some rash challenges and they picked up a few cards towards the end of the match, but were not able to find a goal to get the back in the game, despite over powering us as we played park the bus for the last 20 minutes of the game. We won! Incredible as the player leapt all over each other and celebrated with the fans. Whether we made it through or not did not matter, making the World Cup was an achievement in itself; getting a result was an achievement in itself; but to win a match, well that was just unexpected.

San Marino (40) 2 VS Colombia (13) 0

Andrea Giancobbi (pen '36), Gaspare Barone ('56)

Match Report

We were ecstatic, but was it enough? 4 points saw us level with Colombia, and all would be based on the Mexico VS Ghana result, as we turned to the big screen to see the latest scores. The results came up in the order of groups as below:

Player of the Match - Andrea Pelliccioni (8.1)

Other Matches

Group A

Egypt 2 VS Iraq 2

France 0 VS Ireland 2

Group A Match Day 3

groupao.jpg

Ireland and France progress through easily with Iraq and Egypt only picking up a point each against each other. Ireland go through undefeated, ousting France for top spot.

Group B

Honduras 0 VS Nigeria 2

Switzerland 1 VS Spain 1

Group B Match Day 3

groupbg.jpg

Spain and Switzerland progress with Spain topping the group. The Swiss edge out Nigeria thanks to their draw with Spain on Match Day 3.

Group C

Ivory Coast 1 VS Japan 2

Scotland 0 VS Argentina 0

Group C Match Day 3

groupc.jpg

A very tight group with Japan, Scotland and Argentina all on 5 points with the same goal difference. Japan and Scotland go through due to scoring more goals for, very unlucky for Argentina who didn't concede a goal in all 3 group games.

Group D

Croatia 5 VS South Korea 2

Uruguay 1 VS England 3

Group D Match Day 3

groupdt.jpg

England progress easily, topping the group, however, Croatia's big win over South Korea ousts Uruguay from second spot to help get them through.

Group E

Iran 3 VS Slovenia 3

Sweden 1 VS Brazil 1

Group E Match Day 3

groupew.jpg

Sweden and Brazil progress quite easy, with Brazil failing to top the group. Sweden could prove a surprise package, but the group went pretty much as expected.

Group F

China 0 VS Senegal 0

Italy 2 VS Greece 1

Group F Match Day 3

groupfb.jpg

Italy and Greece go through easily, with Senegal failing to prove the dark horse of this tournament as many had expected. Italy cruise undefeated, with Greece giving them a run for their money on Match Day 3.

Group G

San Marino 2 VS Colombia 0

Ghana 3 VS Mexico 5

Group G Match Day 3

groupgh.jpg

As we looked up and saw the results come in. At first we were not sure, but once we calculated, we cheered! We made it through on goal difference thanks to Mexico beating Ghana. The shock and fairy tale story of the tournament so far, San Marino pull off an upset win over Colombia to progress on goal difference. Even better was the fact that U.S.A. beat Holland and progressed at the top of their group meaning we are facing the 21st ranked US over the 8th ranked Dutch, giving me a slight glimmer of hope that the dream can continue for another round!

Group H

Holland 0 VS U.S.A. 2

Peru 0 VS Australia 2

Group H Match Day 3

grouphz.jpg

The US and Dutch had already sealed progression, so battled it out for top of the table rights. The winner had by far the easiest match on paper, against San Marino and it was the U.S.A. who came out on top, winning 2-0 to get that privilege. The hosts won their final game to save face and have a win in their home tournament.

World Cup Second Round vs U.S.A.

Pre-Game Report

Summary

What a tremendous match! Things didn't start out the best with us giving away a penalty within the first 10 minutes. Angelini managed to save the penalty, but the rebound came off his back and went in for what was a very unfortunate own goal. The game swayed back and forth, with the US controlling most of the possession, however we were next to strike through Francioni who finished off a wonderful move to get us back level.

The game continued its fast pace and the US took full advantage of their superior ability by getting a great ball in to Escobar who headed home to put the US back in the lead. Escobar then gave us a helping hand at the other end by being caught on the post and, in attempting to clear the ball, putting the ball in to his own net. 2-2 and to half time we went, San Marino still a chance despite the US continually edging a head, we always found a way back in the game.

the US once again came out on top and peppered us with shots, until Luizinho, the Brazilian born player, hit a curling effort that Angelini just could not get to. 3-2 after 67 minutes and it looked like our luck had finally run out. Things looked like there going to get worse for use as the US came at us with all but the kitchen sink to kill off the game, and would of done so if not for some top shelf keeping. One save of which, was parried outward and we made a counter attack on. Bollini was on the end of the play and smashed home a stunning strike to make it 3-3 and all to play for! U.S.A. brought the game back to us and were relentless and in the final few minutes, it looked like they had the winner when they hit the back of the net, only for the goal to be disallowed. the game petered out to 90 minutes and extra time came along, with neither side able to break the dead lock in the first 15. We made out last sub to bring on the freshest legs of the game and it almost made the difference as Saracino came close to getting a winner. With just 3 minutes left and with Penalties looming, the game finally had its last twist as the American's finally found the winner. having to play catch up all game finally wore us down and we were not able to get the final equaliser with just 3 minutes left and San Marino's fairy tale run ended in the second round.

A fantastic performance from the team and so close to another upset, sees us go home with our heads high. his will be a very tough tournament to emulate, let alone top in future.

San Marino (40) 3 VS U.S.A. (21) 4 (e)

Mirco Francioni ('20), Chris Escobar (o.g. '39), Marco Bollini ('77)

Match Report

Player of the Match - Nicola Mularoni (8.4)

Other Matches

Switzerland 2 VS Ireland 2 (p)

France 1 VS Spain 4

Japan 0 VS Croatia 4

England 1 VS Scotland 2

Sweden 3 (e) VS Greece 2

Brazil 0 VS Italy 2

Mexico 2 VS Holland 3

San Marino 3 VS U.S.A. 4 (e)

Thanks guys! Yes it was pandemonium. The US game had me going wild we never had the lead bit it was a great match I have been a bit busy with work this week so hence the slow updates but have the screen shots ready to post and will try and get the final world cup results and the latest around the globe updates by the end of the week. Looking forward to euro though not as confident with qualification. This world cup run was special.

World Cup Quarter Finals

quaters.jpg

Ireland did a number on Scotland to progress, while Spain actually had a tough time, winning a narrow 2-1 game over Croatia. The US kept their stroke winning prolonged matches by beating of Sweden on penalties in their second thrilling 3-3 regulation time match in a row, while Italy overcame Holland in a tough 1-0 win.

World Cup Semi Finals

semist.jpg

Ireland squared off against an Italy side who where up there with one of their greatest ever sides and came out second best as Italy won 3- to progress to the final.

The Americans' luck finally ran out and the Spaniards ran to a rampant 2-0 victory to be the second qualifying team, and a repeat of the 2010 World Cup Final.

World Cup Final

finalls.jpg

The US won another extra time match, this time with a 3-2 scoreline to give them 3 wins in 120 minutes or longer, and a third placed result.

Italy played an incredible final with Spain that went the full 90 and then some. Castelletti scored the winner in the 93rd minute, 3 minutes deep in to stoppage time. But not before Ulivi equalised in the 83rd minute, after Spain themselves had to come from behind in a very ding dong battle that saw the lead sway 5 times from the opening goal in the 3rd minute all the way to the last kick of the game. See the match details below of one of the most epic finals in recent years!

Match Report

(I re-watched the highlights and it was a fantastic match to watch with a lot of chances and some very good movements from the front liners with the defence and keepers making some amazing saves along the way)

World Club Review

Italy - Serie A

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]      | [b]Runner Up[/b]   | [b]Third Place[/b] |
|------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|
| 2012-13    | Juventus    | A.C. Milan  | Cagliari    |
| 2013-14    | Juventus    | Roma        | Cagliari    |
| 2014-15    | Juventus    | A.C. Milan  | Inter Milan |
| 2015-16    | Juventus    | Inter Milan | Cagliari    |
| 2016-17    | Juventus    | Inter Milan | A.C. Milan  |
| 2017-18    | Roma        | Udinese     | Napoli      |
| 2018-19    | Inter Milan | Juventus    | Palermo     |
| 2019-20    | Juventus    | Inter Milan | Napoli      |
| 2020-21    | Inter Milan | Juventus    | Cagliari    |
| 2021-22    | Juventus    | Roma        | Inter Milan |
| 2022-23    | Roma        | Cagliari    | Napoli      |
| 2023-24    | Juventus    | Napoli      | Roma        |
| 2024-25    | Juventus    | Roma        | Napoli      |
| 2025-26    | Juventus    | Roma        | Cagliari    |
| 2026-27    | Juventus    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]  | Napoli      |
| 2027-28    | Juventus    | Roma        | A.C. Milan  |
| 2028-29    | Juventus    | Roma        | A.C. Milan  |
| 2029-30    | Juventus    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]  | Cesena      |
| 2030-31    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]  | Juventus    | Roma        |
| 2031-32    | Juventus    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]  | Roma        |
| 2032-33    | Juventus    | Roma        | Modena      |
| 2033-34    | Juventus    | Roma        | A.C. Milan  |

England - Premier League

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]                 | [b]Runner Up[/b]              | [b]Third Place[/b]            |
|------------|------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
| 2012-13    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | Manchester City        |
|------------|------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|
| 2013-14    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | Manchester City        |
| 2014-15    | Chelsea                | Manchester City        | Manchester United      |
| 2015-16    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2016-17    | Chelsea                | Manchester City        | Manchester United      |
| 2017-18    | Manchester United      | Manchester City        | Chelsea                |
| 2018-19    | Chelsea                | Manchester City        | Manchester United      |
| 2019-20    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | Arsenal                |
| 2020-21    | Chelsea                | Manchester City        | Manchester United      |
| 2021-22    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2022-23    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2023-24    | Manchester City        | Chelsea                | Manchester United      |
| 2024-25    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2025-26    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | Manchester City        |
| 2026-27    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | Manchester City        |
| 2027-28    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2028-29    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2029-30    | Manchester City        | Chelsea                | Manchester United      |
| 2030-31    | Manchester City        | Chelsea                | Manchester United      |
| 2031-32    | Manchester City        | Manchester United      | Chelsea                |
| 2032-33    | Manchester United      | Manchester City        | Chelsea                |
| 2033-34    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                | Arsenal                |

Spain - La Liga

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]                 | [b]Runner Up[/b]              | [b]Third Place[/b]            |
| 2012-13    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2013-14    | Real Madrid            | Barcelona              | Valencia               |
| 2014-15    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2015-16    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2016-17    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2017-18    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2018-19    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2019-20    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2020-21    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2021-22    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2022-23    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletic Bilbao        |
| 2023-24    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2024-25    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2025-26    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2026-27    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2027-28    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2028-29    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Valencia               |
| 2029-30    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2030-31    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2031-32    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2032-33    | Real Madrid            | Barcelona              | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2033-34    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |

France - Ligue 1

| 2012-13    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2013-14    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Lille                  |
| 2014-15    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2015-16    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille | Olympique Lyonnais     |
| 2016-17    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2017-18    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2018-19    | Olympique de Marseille | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    |
| 2019-20    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2020-21    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2021-22    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2022-23    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2023-24    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2024-25    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2025-26    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2026-27    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Girondins Bordeaux     |
| 2027-28    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2028-29    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2029-30    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2030-31    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Lille                  |
| 2031-32    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Olympique de Marseille |
| 2032-33    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique de Marseille | Olympique Lyonnais     |
| 2033-34    | Paris Saint-Germain    | Olympique Lyonnais     | Lille                  |

Portugal - Premier League

| 2012-13    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2013-14    | Sporting               | FC Porto               | Benfica                |
| 2014-15    | Sporting               | Benfica                | FC Porto               |
| 2015-16    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Braga                  |
| 2016-17    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2017-18    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Benfica                |
| 2018-19    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2019-20    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2020-21    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2021-22    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2022-23    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Benfica                |
| 2023-24    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2024-25    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2025-26    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2026-27    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Benfica                |
| 2027-28    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2028-29    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Benfica                |
| 2029-30    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Benfica                |
| 2030-31    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2031-32    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |
| 2032-33    | FC Porto               | Sporting               | Braga                  |
| 2033-34    | FC Porto               | Benfica                | Sporting               |

Champions League

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]                 | [b]Runner Up[/b]              |
|------------|------------------------|------------------------|
| 2012-13    | Manchester City        | Chelsea                |
| 2013-14    | Manchester City        | Chelsea                |
| 2014-15    | Manchester United      | Juventus               |
| 2015-16    | Chelsea                | Manchester City        |
| 2016-17    | Juventus               | Real Madrid            |
| 2017-18    | Barcelona              | Manchester United      |
| 2018-19    | Barcelona              | Real Madrid            |
| 2019-20    | Chelsea                | Manchester United      | 
| 2020-21    | Manchester United      | Juventus               |
| 2021-22    | Manchester United      | Olympique Lyonnais     |
| 2022-23    | Real Madrid            | Athletico Madrid       |
| 2023-24    | Barelona               | Arsenal                |
| 2024-25    | Barelona               | FC Bayern              |
| 2025-26    | Manchester United      | Barcelona              |
| 2026-27    | Manchester United      | Juventus               |
| 2027-28    | Manchester United      | Chelsea                |
| 2028-29    | Manchester City        | Barcelona              |
| 2029-30    | Manchester United      | Arsenal                |
| 2030-31    | Barelona               | Manchester United      |
| 2031-32    | Athletico Madrid       | Manchester City        |
| 2032-33    | Arsenal                | Manchester United      |
| 2034-35    | Chelsea                | Real Madrid            |

Europa League

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]                 | [b]Runner Up[/b]              |
| 2012-13    | Dortmund               | Inter Milan            |
| 2013-14    | Inter Milan            | Leverkusen             |
| 2014-15    | Roma                   | Arsenal                |
| 2015-16    | Zenit                  | Dortmund               |
| 2016-17    | Dortmund               | Real Sociedad          |
| 2017-18    | HSV                    | Werder Bremen          |
| 2018-19    | Juventus               | FC Porto               |
| 2019-20    | Roma                   | Dortmund               | 
| 2020-21    | Dynamo Kyiv            | Sevilla                |
| 2021-22    | Napoli                 | Barcelona              |
| 2022-23    | Shakhtar               | Valencia               |
| 2023-24    | Juventus               | A.C. Milan             |
| 2024-25    | Arsenal                | Sporting (POR)         |
| 2025-26    | Stuttgart              | Liverpool              |
| 2026-27    | Stuttgart              | Napoli                 |
| 2027-28    | Sporting (POR)         | Manchester City        |
| 2028-29    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]             | Pro Vercelli           |
| 2029-30    | Zenit                  | Everton                |
| 2030-31    | Werder Bremen          | FC Porto               |
| 2031-32    | [b][u]San Marino[/b][/u]             | Athletic de Bilbao     |
| 2032-33    | Juventus               | Inter Milan            |
| 2027-28    | Manchester United      | Braga                  |

International Review

World Cup

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]           | [b]Runner Up[/b]        | [b]Third Place[/b]      | [b]Hosts[/b]            |
|------------|------------------|------------------|------------------|------------------|
| 2014       | England          | Brazil           | Spain            | Bazil            |
|------------|------------------|------------------|------------------|------------------|
| 2018       | Argentina        | Ireland          | Russia           | Russia           |
| 2022       | Spain            | Germany          | Argentina        | Qatar            |
| 2026       | Brazil           | Russia           | Romania          | Nigeria          |
| 2030       | Ireland          | Italy            | France           | Italy            |
| 2034       | Italy            | Spain            | U.S.A.           | Australia        |

European Championships

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]           | [b]Runner Up[/b]        | [b]Hosts[/b]            |
|------------|------------------|------------------|------------------|
| 2016       | Ireland          | Turkey           | France           |
| 2020       | Croatia          | France           | Turkey           |
| 2024       | Scotland         | Russia           | Spain            |
| 2028       | England          | France           | England          |
| 2032       | Italy            | Wales            | Belgium          |

Copa America

| [b]Year[/b]       | [b]Winner[/b]           | [b]Runner Up[/b]        | [b]Third Place[/b]      | [b]Hosts[/b]            |
| 2015       | Brazil           | Paraguay         | Argentina        | Chile            |
| 2019       | Argentina        | Paraguay         | Uruguay          | Brazil           |
| 2023       | Peru             | Argenina         | Chile            | Ecuador          |
| 2027       | Brazil           | Peru             | Uruguay          | Uruguay          |
| 2031       | Brazil           | Chile            | Uruguay          | Bolivia          |

African Nations Cup

| 2013       | Cameroon         | Ghana            | Nigeria          | South Africa     |
| 2015       | South Africa     | DR Congo         | Algeria          | Morocco          |
| 2017       | Ghana            | Cameroon         | Ivory Coast      | Libya            |
| 2019       | Senegal          | DR Congo         | Ghana            | Tunisia          |
| 2021       | Cameroon         | Tunisia          | Egypt            | South Africa     |
| 2023       | Ghana            | Mali             | Tunisia          | Nigeria          |
| 2025       | Ivory Coast      | Angola           | Nigeria          | Morocco          |
| 2027       | Algeria          | Egypt            | Tunisia          | Egypt            |
| 2029       | Egypt            | Cameroon         | Tunisia          | Egypt            |
| 2031       | Togo             | DR Congo         | Nigeria          | Algeria          |
| 2033       | Ivory Coast      | Algeria          | Egypt            | South Africa     |

International 2034

Most noticeable thing about this year was our breaking of the top 100 and qualifying for the World Cup. We started the year rocky as I tried to push an incredibly busy schedule, not just to get as much game time to gel the players, but to try and get some ranking points to get us as high as possible. We lost our opening game to El Salvador before beating a highly ranked Gambia 2-0 after which our game a day took tool as Australia and Finland dispatched us followed by a 1-1 draw with Poland and a woeful loss to Cyprus. We managed wins over Angola, Faroe Islands and a comfortable 3-0 over Palestine before Bolivia and Lithuania beat our tired bodies in the lead up to the World Cup. A win over Rwanda ans a 0-0 draw to Northern Ireland saw us enter the World Cup in some decent form, but we lost our initial game 3-1 to a good Ghana side ranked 6th in the World. We managed an incredibly late 2-2 draw with Mexico to keep our hopes of progression alive before beating a top 15 side in Colombia 2-0 to go trough on fore and against to the second round of the World Cup where we would face the Americans. We took the game to them really well and managed to come back from behind on 3 occasions to push the match into extra time, but we couldn't keep up and the US eventually found the winner 117 minutes in to the match. During the tournament we were ranked as high as 40th, but dropped down to 56th despite doing well.

We cam into life after the World Cup quite well as we beat Liechtenstein before a very strong Hungry side put us to the sword 6-0 in our lead up the Euro Qualifications. But the actual qualifications went quite well as we beat off Azerbajan and Moldova before Germany narrowly edged us 2-1 in a tough game to see us 3rd in the group behind both German and Norway at this stage. We managed to get our position back up to 49th by the end of the year.

2034 Best XI

The best XI this season sees a huge 13 of the 18 players come from the San Marino Club with 7 of them in the starting 11.

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under

Alex Benvenuti - 21

18 under 21 Italian caps with 9 goals. Looks like he will be a decent international going forward and we will not be the team he does he deed with.

Paolo Bindi -17

Only 17 and already in the Italian under 18s squad. Lost another fantastic Sammarinese born player to the dark side

Marco Bollini - 19

Had a great World Cup and now has 15 goals in 40 appearances at just 19. Is already the countries greatest ever goal scorer and his future is looking bright.

Matteo Giannini - 18

Came from nowhere to become a key rotational player on our right side of defence. Reasonably early to say if he will continue to feature but has 17 caps and was pat of our World Cup squad.

Roberto Mularoni - 21

Had a good World Cup, even scoring a crucial goal, though is only a rotationary player in our backline for the moment.

Massimo Raschi - 23

Thought I would make a mention as he retired at 23 after leaving the club.

Christian Saracino - 21

Had a bit of a run leading in to the World Cup but was third string behind Zanotti and Daniele Ugolini, one has the better technical ability, the other has the better pace which is useful in an attacking midfield role.

Daniele Ugolini - 19

Younger brother of Federico, Daniele has moved up the pecking order thanks to his blistering pace. Still has a lot of work to improve but has been the closest competitor to Zanotti's claim as the dynamo of the San Marino midfield.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2032 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]
2033 – 44
2034 – 49

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Aldo Angelini

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Marco Bollini

Andrea Giancobbi

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (114)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Nicola Mularoni        (96)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti         (89)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi       (81)
                 - Aldo Angelini          (74)
                 - Andy Selva             (74)
                 - Dario Treccani         (72)
                 - Mauro Bucci            (71)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Nicolo Zanotti          (16)
                 - Marco Bollini           (15)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (13)
                 - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Gaspare Barone          (7)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi        (7)
                 - Mauro Bucci             (6)
                 - Massimo Raschi          (6)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i] - 40th (2034)

[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i] - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)

[i]Highest Attendance[/i] - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Current All time cap holder, Bertolini has been the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

Class of 2033

15. Alessandro Valentini (2015-2028)

A great player who sparked the attacking flair of the team of the best art of a decade. Was a mentor and teacher to the youth players as they came through such as Zanotti and Mularoni and would of been happy to be part of the squad on their push to creating future stars that would compete on the bigger stages of football. Decided to retire at 32 but was part of the national team for the best part of 13 seasons and has helped hand the torch over to the next line of midfield players who are leading the team to new heights.

Class of 2034

16. Devid Vendrame (2016-2026)

The first player to fit in to the Defensive holding role, which has now become the pivotal role of the side, anchoring defence and helping to build attacks. Devid was key to our rise in the earlier years and did a lot with the talent he had. He was never the best technically nor did he have much speed, but he was able to work hard to get the job done. A very gritty player, he managed 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 Player of the Match awards in 49 appearances and led the way for the likes of Nicola Mularoni who have followed in the footsteps of an underrated player of the national team.

[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
[url="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6/valentini.jpg"]| Alessandro Valentini  | MC   | 62   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.49   |[/url]
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
[url="http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2011/venddrame.jpg"]| Devid Vendrame        | DMC  | 49   | 2         | 2           | 2   | 6.22   |[/url]
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

hi guys,

I'm new here but started this challenge a few months ago, just decided to pick the baton back up and crack on a bit more, inspired by leonavich's run to the world cup, pretty awesome i must admit.

Long story short club wise, in serie A currently, getting there for the 2116/17 season after a somewhat very fluky back to back promotions. survived my first season in the top flight

just!!!!!

On the international front gained my first win in my first game against Luxembourg. Soon went wrong after that, have a euro qualifiers win though against Lichtenstein, very happy with that, but on a 2 year losing streak at the moment, have not really put a full effort into international side of things lately, got some very promising players coming through though so things are hopefully looking up a bit.

any way thats the end of my introduction, and i hope to post a lot more in the coming weeks.

oh on a side note can someone tell me how to take screenshots of FM so i can post them up here cheers

Hey! Welcome danp86... I have had trouble taking screenshots in this version of the game when in fullscreen mode, but have been able to do so in windowed mode. if you window it and maximise, a simple shift+ctrl+alt+prtsc (print screen button) will take a screenshot of just the FM window (so crops out you start menu and task bar).

Also congrats on making it to the Serie A so quickly. If you can survive the first season in the top flight, San Marino make enough profit to become stable really quickly. The hardest part is escaping the lower leagues as they tend to leak money really badly down there.

The national team is a completely different beast to tame and is much easier to pick up results once you improve the club's facilities to generate some decent Sammarinese products. It is for that reason that I too would suggest focusing on the club team to build a better national setup 10-20 years down the track.

Also congrats on making it to the Serie A so quickly. If you can survive the first season in the top flight, San Marino make enough profit to become stable really quickly. The hardest part is escaping the lower leagues as they tend to leak money really badly down there.

I can definitely agree with this. I'm trying to establish in Serie B at the minute, and I'm reliant on selling my players on co-ownership deals (hoping I can get their 50% free at the end) to keep afloat. This is despite me having just a 20 man squad, with only 3 players earning over 1k a week. In C1 it was just a nightmare, needing the chairman to pump some money in every few months.

Yeah I've taken quite a big gamble with my second season, signing next to no players and releasing quite a few which has left my squad threadbare this year. Problem is that I’m not moving in to the new stadium until next year and wanted to steady my finances and stay out of the red! Should just about survive this season and then use the extra income from the stadium to improve the squad facilities etc..... it also doesn’t help that I’ve got the bug regarding TV money in Italy and lower league clubs and I’m only receiving £118,000 a year TV rights. Certainly makes it a bit more of a challenge.

I can definitely agree with this. I'm trying to establish in Serie B at the minute, and I'm reliant on selling my players on co-ownership deals (hoping I can get their 50% free at the end) to keep afloat. This is despite me having just a 20 man squad, with only 3 players earning over 1k a week. In C1 it was just a nightmare, needing the chairman to pump some money in every few months.

I found I had to do the same, and considering I didn't have back to back promotions ever, (5-6 years in B I think) it got tough. Co-Ownerships help but the real benefit is in getting loans in which you do not have to pay for, setting friendlies that either bring in revenue or that pay well for you to travel out and doing well in the Italian Cup. Making it through to the first round proper or quarters at least will get you enough to get out of the red for the month.

Yeah I've taken quite a big gamble with my second season, signing next to no players and releasing quite a few which has left my squad threadbare this year. Problem is that I’m not moving in to the new stadium until next year and wanted to steady my finances and stay out of the red! Should just about survive this season and then use the extra income from the stadium to improve the squad facilities etc..... it also doesn’t help that I’ve got the bug regarding TV money in Italy and lower league clubs and I’m only receiving £118,000 a year TV rights. Certainly makes it a bit more of a challenge.

Ouch! Tough on the TV rights. They became a huge factor for me from day one in Serie A. Here are my current funds with my TV deals :)

funds.jpg

I could only dream of a bank balance like that, got a couple of mil in the bank. Only spending £62,000 pw on wages so that helps. In 2017/18 and still haven’t spent a single penny on transfers either, looking through my history only received £14,500 in total for selling players as well. It obviously helped with that back to back promotions, which had no right to happen, I just had massive amounts of luck, winning 8 out of my last 13 games only losing one and sneaking in to the play offs at the last minute. Just glad I got to miss out on the financial struggles of a few seasons in serie B.

Just hoping that the new 25000 seater stadium at the end of the season dramatically changes my financial layout and enable me to start improving my youth set up!

Struggling to stay in the division now though as I’m 3 points from safety with 5 games to go. Was bottom and 9 or 10 points adrift 8 games ago so I’m making ground up just hope I can pick the points up to stay up!!!!!!

Ill figure out how to take screens later once the season is over and get a few posted, loving the challenge though, much more involving than your average llm save,

Ouch! Tough on the TV rights. They became a huge factor for me from day one in Serie A. Here are my current funds with my TV deals :)

funds.jpg

Ha, I have a massive £384 bank balance at the minute!

Struggling to stay in the division now though as I’m 3 points from safety with 5 games to go. Was bottom and 9 or 10 points adrift 8 games ago so I’m making ground up just hope I can pick the points up to stay up!!!!!!

Ill figure out how to take screens later once the season is over and get a few posted, loving the challenge though, much more involving than your average llm save,

Good luck...

Squeaky bum time at the end of the season but an amazing finish and we just about pulled it out the bag!!!

spent a total of 3 games out of the relegation zone all season, 2 of which were the last 2 games!!

i know this is going to sound dumb but how do you up load screen shots cheers

Take the screenshot using Alt + F9 - this saves it into your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/screenshots folder (assuming you're on Windows)

Go to somewhere like tinypic or imgur and upload the picture.

Get the link from the uploaded picture and put it in here like this:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/wcyTLQk.png]

I feel like I've hit a bit of a ceiling on mine - using my own youth team players only is proving difficult.

My league history:

wcyTLQk.png

This season is currently more of the same from last year:

nuD6buF.png

My huge 21 man squad - and see how young they are except for the remaining Italian players from the original team

rkweX3L.png

On the plus side, I've been lucky to get a few stars of the future (unfortunately all naturally AMCs though!)

Mattia Gasperoni - 142 league appearances, 24 goals by age of 20

XlxmkU3.png

Luca Biordi - 53 league appearances, 10 goals by age of 16

vdzrsqN.png

Mario Gorini - already has 26 league appearances and 2 goals

ctsyP9T.png

Ruggiero Pipoli (real, real shame that he's Italian, this guy is going to be world class) - 115 appearances, 31 clean sheets

UzQ7NdQ.png

Those players mask the general lack of quality I have coming through though - at best I have a few other decent prospects that are never going to be better than Serie B/C1 and are nowhere near ready for first team football, but having to be used anyway...

I've also recently just got the national team job (haven't had a match yet) - so far they've achieved 1 competitive win, a 1-0 over Ireland 4 years ago and still sit outside the top 200 in the world.

cheers, and how have you got regens that good so early and the budgets, both wages and transfer kitty so high I haven't got those wages till my 3rd season in serie A. have you used editer at all for the regens????

I’ve had no decent players come through my ranks at all and only one remotely decent Sammarinese player in the entire save and he is still dire in the grand scheme of things, I did pick up a regen by the name of prioretti early on from Piacenza and he is going to be world class, Italian though unfortunately, but he is pretty much the reason I gained promotions and stayed in the serie A. the only reason I’ve still been able to keep him is because I tied him down to a long term contract. Won’t extend it tho so I will have to sell him at the end of the season I think

Ha, I have a massive £384 bank balance at the minute!

You have enough for at least a few of the players kits!

I’ve had no decent players come through my ranks at all and only one remotely decent Sammarinese player in the entire save and he is still dire in the grand scheme of things, I did pick up a regen by the name of prioretti early on from Piacenza and he is going to be world class, Italian though unfortunately, but he is pretty much the reason I gained promotions and stayed in the serie A. the only reason I’ve still been able to keep him is because I tied him down to a long term contract. Won’t extend it tho so I will have to sell him at the end of the season I think

I was able to pick up one or two decent regens early on but none as good as Aaron's. It is a bit of luck as well as how well you tweak the training, coaches and using the players in matches. Below are my best youth players since starting this save though (Only included those who featured a decent amount of the time as some were discarded or layed next to no games at the club their entire career like Christian Bernardi):

Aldo Angelini History

Alex Benvenuti History

Alessandro Barra History

Luigi Bertolini History

Franco Macagno History

Nicola Mularoni History

There are a few others like Dolci Tiziano, Nicolo Zanotti, Christian Bernardi, Andrea Giancobbi, etc. Any of the more recent ones can be seen in the World Cup update if they are Sammarinese, but a lot of them just never made it to the full squad as they were not Serie A quality and then either got shipped out or otherwise which is a bit sad. Starting to incorporate more of my youth and have stopped buying players as much as possible. I think 2 last season and only one is used, the other on loan, and picked up a midfielder on free as a Bovu eventual replacement.

Edit: How could I forget Paolo Bindi. This is a screenshot from his debut season.

Well this isn't good! He was just getting back in to form as well this season. He will be back by around November-December, but at 32, I don't think he is going to be the same for us. Hopefully a youth player can step up otherwise I will have to go shopping :(

outht.jpg

Archived