The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty upset to lose, but in all honesty, I don't think I will ever have a run like that again. I am not sure what it is about this team, but they just seem to come together.

I was playing the games in real time as I was writing last night, so those pauses where not for effect. I wonder though... Would we have done better or worse with the likes of Sammarinese born players such as Benvenuti and Bindi?? a shame we will never find out, but I hope this boost (now 32nd in the world) will help us get more players willing to put on the celeste over the azzuri.

Damn leonavich that was quite a run! massive achievement taking San Marino all the way to the EC final just to loose on penalties. really really unlucky. and how about that efficiency. 3 shots 3 on target and 2 goals. :D

good luck in the WC qualification (and finals when you get there ;))!

Thanks guys! I will be honest, the save was starting to get to me as CL has not been very fruitful and I did not see us going anywhere internationally either. After I lost the group game against Austria, I forgot the rules and thought I was out and was on the verge of switching off and moving to my Jamaica league save. Lucky I checked the second round fixtures!

The team as is has about 2-4 more good years before we need to bring in replacements. Mularoni, Angelini and Bucci are reaching the late 20's while Pelliccioni retired after the tournament with 131 caps (off the top of my head that sounds right).

We need some good players coming through and actually choosing to represent San Marino as we have already lost Bindi, Benventui and Francesco Mularoni (A Sammarinese born player not raised through our youth system who is an under 21 Italian representative) while youth players like Cesarini are already turning us down.

If I can't get some of these players to represent us, we will be in trouble in the next 4 years so a heavy emphasis will be on the national side with CL taking a back seat for now.

FGreve - I know! I have found that the team tend to be quite clinical as even against poor opposition we don't normally dominate games statistically but we usually get the goals. It gets frustrating though as this can mean we can get results against big teams like a 4-0 win over Sweden but then lose to Armenia 2-1 (though they were in the top 40 ranked nations at the time of beating us). I think this will be our best run internationally, though I will be focusing on this over the league for the next 4 years, trying to build good Sammarinese youth and blood them in.

Johnny - Thanks man. Sorry to leave you hanging last night! I was writing as I played so updates took as long as it would take to write after I watched a game or half.

Well, you can't win them all and they played well. We have a difficult task to make the World Cup though:

France

Ukraine

Austria

San Marino

Malta

Good start to the group though as we just beat Malta 2-0 in the opening game of the group while Austria beat off France (They seem to be rattled by the loss to us I think ;))

Also seem to notice that 2-0 has become a pretty common winning margin in our matches these days. In fact our last 5 games have been:

2-0 v France

2-0 v Czech Republic

2-2 v Spain

2-1 v Andorra

2-0 v Malta

Transfer Embargo as we look to get a new chairman at the helm of the club. It has not been mentioned, but I have lost my job before in these situations, so will be holding my breath until the embargo is lifted and my position has been deemed safe.

This is a great idea. I have just started on the big club/small country challange as the manager of Porto and Fiji, but if I end up abandoning that save, I'll have a go at this. My major concern with that other challange is the fact that you get so few youth players with "the right" nationality, but that shouldn't be a problem in this challange. I've added to my Porto/Fiji save a strict "no transfer" policy and rely solely on youth intake (which is fine if you manage a big club like Porto), but it would be interesting to see if that would be possible in this challange as well. I imagine it would be very difficult getting promoted to Serie A that way...

Fabian - Yeah, it is pretty hard, though I am somewhat starting to enforce only youth squad players to try and build up the strength of the national team now that we have the best youth system and intake possible. Majority of players are now from our youth system, but a lot of those are Italian, so still not quite what I was hoping for just yet.

Fabian - Yeah, it is pretty hard, though I am somewhat starting to enforce only youth squad players to try and build up the strength of the national team now that we have the best youth system and intake possible. Majority of players are now from our youth system, but a lot of those are Italian, so still not quite what I was hoping for just yet.

Hmm... So most are from Italy huh... that's a shame, though certainly more realistic. :)

I think my biggest concern, though, is if I'm able to get to that stage at all without buying/signing any players. I've taken small clubs up through the divisions quickly before, but only through buying players that are (too) good for the league. To get promoted to, and stay in, Serie A with the original team and whatever youth players you get with the original (crap) facilities is probably going to be the hardest part...

Hmm... So most are from Italy huh... that's a shame, though certainly more realistic. :)

I think my biggest concern, though, is if I'm able to get to that stage at all without buying/signing any players. I've taken small clubs up through the divisions quickly before, but only through buying players that are (too) good for the league. To get promoted to, and stay in, Serie A with the original team and whatever youth players you get with the original (crap) facilities is probably going to be the hardest part...

Correction. Most youth squad players are Sammarinese, however the ones that make it to the first team tend to be the Italian based players. That said, I have 12 out of the 24 first teamers from our youth setup with 6 being eligible for San Marino, but only 3 of them choosing to do so.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

I've just gotten promoted to Serie A for the first time for the 22/23 season.

There's also so little chance we'll stay up - so little strength in depth.

As for the youth players, I tend to get roughly 50% Italian, 50% Sammarinese.

International 2036

We had a pretty up and down start to the season as we lost Guinea and Armenia by slight margins, while Australia beat us easily 3-0. We did get a win over Kazakhstan but it wasn't the best pre tournament start.

Things seemed to change once we had our best XI on though, and we blew Sweden out of the water 4-0, a team we had not beaten previously. Germany showed us what quality really is and dominated the game to win 2-0, leaving us precariously on the edge with a result against Austria the guarantee to progress to the second round at Euro 2036.

We lost this game too, to keep Austria firmly above us in the head to head battle, but worse still left us in 3rd place. Luckily we qualified as one of the highest third ranked sides and to the second round we went.

We got a lucky Draw and faced Bulgaria who we were able to dispatch 3-1 despite being underdogs, but better yet was the 2-0 win over 6th ranked France to get to the semi finals. The Czech where another outside ranked side so we felt like we had a chance, if we took all of ours, and we did, winning 2-0 to make our first major tournament final. With Spain being the favourites, we played pretty well to push them to penalties. But we just didn't have the juice and the better side won after going the distance. Fantastic result was even better for our ranking as we shot into the top 25 for the first time in our history.

This did however, see the retirement of Pelliccioni, who amassed a massive 131 caps from defence and instantly goes into the hall of fame.

We took the confidence into our next few matches as we beat Andorra before beating Ukraine 1-0 and Malta 2-0 to go atop the World Cup qualifying table.

South Korea were then beaten in a friendly to make it 4 in a row and we broke the top 20, reaching bang on to finally be considered a real player on the international scene.

Our over confidence obviously started to show through as we lost to Austria again (they are ranked 11th!!), 3-2 in qualifiers before losing 3-1 to Wales to end the season.

2035 Best XI

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under - Bold signifies new entries.

Alex Benvenuti - 23

We are high enough now in the ranking to try and lure him. So far we have not been successful but I am confident we can get him if Italy don't select him soon.

Marco Bollini - 21

Great run in to the Euro's. Is already our star player but would get so much more support up front if Benvenuti can be swayed.

Claudio Broccoli - 18

Missed out on a World Cup sot at just 15 and is now starting to make his way in to the first team. has pace but needs to develop his skill a bit more. Could be fighting for the incumbent central roll with Ugolini when Zanotti retires.

Francesco Buttignon - 19

The next generation of defender. Has some talent but a long way to go to reach the level needed to be a regular starter. Done well in his 5 appearances so far.

Mirco Francioni - 20

Not a huge talent, but has done enough to get rotation along side Barone and Angelini as the secondary striker in the line up.

Matteo Giannini - 20

needs to gain consistency but has the ability and pace to do damage on the right.

Roberto Mularoni - 23

Use sparingly as he has trouble playing consistently.

Daniele Ugolini - 21

Blistering pace has seen him get some game time recently and 3 goal in 35 caps is not too bad for an impact player of the bench. Look to see him get more chances to use that pace soon.

Matteo Zanotti - 21

One of the better defenders in the last few years but only recently making a big impact. Will get more game time now with Pelliccioni retiring, and also due to being able to play on the right and in midfield.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2032 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]
2033 – 44
2034 – 49
2035 – 47 
2036 – 20

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Aldo Angelini

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Marco Bollini

Andrea Giancobbi

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Andrea Pelliccioni     (131)
                 - Nicola Mularoni        (123)                  
                 - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti         (117)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi       (103)
                 - Aldo Angelini          (102)
                 - Mauro Bucci            (97)
                 - Matteo Della Valle     (74)
                 - Andy Selva             (74)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Marco Bollini           (30)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (20)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (14)
                 - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi        (11)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Gaspare Barone          (8)
                 - Nicola Angelini         (7)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)
                 - Mauro Bucci             (7)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

International Honours

[b][u]World Cups[/b][/u]

World Cup's Qualified         - 1 (2034)
World Cup Second Round        - Second Round v USA (3034)

[b][u]European Championships[/b][/u]

Euro Championship's Qualified - 1 (2036)
Euro Championship Runner Up   - Runner Up v Spain (3036)

[b][u]World Cup Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2012-14 - 6th in Group 8
2016-18 - 6th in Group 7
2020-22 - 6th in Group 8
2024-26 - 5th in Group 7
2028-30 - 4th in Group 2
2032-34 - 2nd in Group 1  (Qualified via Play off win v Ukraine)
2036-38 - 3rd in Group 9*

*Currently in progress

[b][u]European Championship Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2014-16 - 6th in Group A
2018-20 - 4th in Group B
2022-24 - 4th in Group H
2026-28 - 5th in Group F
2030-32 - 5th in Group E
2034-36 - 2nd in Group A  (Qualified second behind Ireland)

*Currently in Progress

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i]                        - 20th (2036)
[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i]      - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i]                           - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)
[i]Lowest Attendance in European Qualifications[/i] - 100 v Northern Ireland (2026)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Once the All time cap holder, Bertolini has been one of the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first of the inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

Class of 2033

15. Alessandro Valentini (2015-2028)

A great player who sparked the attacking flair of the team of the best art of a decade. Was a mentor and teacher to the youth players as they came through such as Zanotti and Mularoni and would of been happy to be part of the squad on their push to creating future stars that would compete on the bigger stages of football. Decided to retire at 32 but was part of the national team for the best part of 13 seasons and has helped hand the torch over to the next line of midfield players who are leading the team to new heights.

Class of 2034

16. Devid Vendrame (2016-2026)

The first player to fit in to the Defensive holding role, which has now become the pivotal role of the side, anchoring defence and helping to build attacks. Devid was key to our rise in the earlier years and did a lot with the talent he had. He was never the best technically nor did he have much speed, but he was able to work hard to get the job done. A very gritty player, he managed 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 Player of the Match awards in 49 appearances and led the way for the likes of Nicola Mularoni who have followed in the footsteps of an underrated player of the national team.

Class of 2036

17. Andea Pelliccioni (2021-2036)

By far the best and most consistent player to ever pull on a Sammarinese shirt. The defender was raised in the mould and followed in the footsteps of icon Bertolini, even so far as to emulate his style and be mentored by him. The two went on to be the middle of the defence for the national team for a decade between 2021 when Pelliccioni entered the national stage until 2031, when Bertolini left it.

Pelliccioni is not only the current all time cap holder, but was at one stage the highest goal scorer in national history, with 12. He ended his career with 14 goals to his name, the most of any defender, but proved you can get better with age, with increasing ratings of 7.5 and above, including an 8+ average rating in recent years. The biggest accomplishment is his ability to lead the defence, as he racked up an incredible 32 Player of the match awards, usually in a side that would either lose or be expected to lose. He managed to perform at such a high level, during the team's rough patch while still ranked at 175th, and was a key player in their European Championships runner up result in 2036, when they reached a then record high of 25th.

To further emphasise his stature as a San Marino Legend, he is the only Sammarinese player at the time of writing, to average above a 7 rating for his international career. In fact, the nly player to average above a 7.50! These boots will not be filled lightly, and a huge amount of expectation will sit atop any shoulders that tries to do so.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7184/pelliccioni.jpg"]| Andrea Pelliccioni    | DC   | 131  | 14        | 5           | 32  | 7.51   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
[url="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6/valentini.jpg"]| Alessandro Valentini  | MC   | 62   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.49   |[/url]
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
[url="http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2011/venddrame.jpg"]| Devid Vendrame        | DMC  | 49   | 2         | 2           | 2   | 6.22   |[/url]
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

Club 2036-37

Season Review

We had a fairly good start to the season Winning the Italia Supe Cup 1-0 over Roma before winning our opening two games. A 1-1 draw with Napoli broke up the streak as we then won 3 in a row, beating the lowly sides of Palermo, Albino Leffe and Lazio. Our good league for didn't carry into Europe as we drew with Luzern before losing to Lyon and Panathinaikos.

The league form was enough to keep us on top early on until our first loss to Juventus came along, this spurnned a turn around in both the league and Europe as we won a large line of results by big margins.

xj3q.jpg

We had made it through to the second round of the Champions League and were looking good in the league, until we faced the double matches of Milan in the league and in the Italian Cup. They beat us in both convincingly 2-0 and 3-1 to really hit the team hard.

Our bread and butter, The Italian Cup saw us leave in the first round, while our league form took a dip with a loss to Varese and a 0-0 draw with Genoa.

We managed to get back on track with some good results including a 7-2 win over Palermo and a 1-0 win over Inter in a 7 game winning streak. We also won both home and away legs 2-0 over Olympiakos to make it to the final 16.

Our league form then suffered as we lost to Parma and then for the second time, Juventus. This saw us move from the top of the ladder, making way for Roma and Modena to leap frog us. A 4-1 win over Bologna saw us keep in the hunt, but a strong Barcelona side put us to the sword 4-0, ultimatley killing off our Champions League campaign, and also puting a dagger throgh our hearts as we went rocky in the league. We won 3-1 in the second leg but lost out 5-3 on aggregate which shattered the players as we looked so good all year.

We ultimatley crumbled as we only picked up 3 points from 3 draws in our last 5 games, which included games against Roma (2-2), Milan (0-0), 4th placed Fiorentina (0-1), lower mid table Varese (1-1) and Relegated Udinese (0-3). It seemed the easier the games, the worse we played, and ultimatley we lost our nerve and the title, managing to clinch 3rd by the skin of our teeth, thanks to Modena beating Fiorentina 2-1 on the last match day, alowing us automatic Champions League next year by virtue of for and against.

We really struggled this year up front as Benvenuti top scored with 18 in all competitions followed by Grille with 13. Such lowly numbers as Bovu, Macagno and Pierantozzi cam closest with 9, 8, 8 respectivley. Though our goals came from all over the park, it was not good to see our forwards struggle so much this season. Hamman was highly missed after his contribution last year, and ended up on the winning Modena side this season, giving him 2 Serie A titles for 2 different teams, in 2 years.

Bindi and Mularoni topped the charts with 11 assists each, while the likes of Bovu, Guevara and Benvenuti all got 8. Bishop did one better with 9 which shows that we still have the ability to create chances from all over the park.

Player of the match was once again all about Macagno who picked up 15 this year while Bovu was next best with 5, earning him another Fan's Player of the year award.

Macagno and Bovu racked up the awards again this year, though the Ballon d'Or still seems out of reach despite putting in fantastic seasons year after year.

Good news for San Marino's Goalkeeper though as he wins the Serie A goalkeeper of the year award to show that Sammarinese players really are starting to reach the world class stage.

Sad news as the end of an era has finally come, Borges announced his retirement at the end of the season, not due to age, but due to injuries. He suffered a broken leg that saw him sit out the final 5 months of the season and he decided that, at 40 years of age, it was time to close the curtain on a fantastic career.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                  | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   |      | Aldo Angelini         | 50      | 0    | 0    | 1    | 87%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.11   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   |      | Paolo Bindi           | 37 (1)  | 1    | 11   | 1    | 75%  | 6.59 | 0.83 | 45%  | 4    | 1    | 7.29   | 
| DCR  |      | Franco Macagno        | 43      | 8    | 1    | 15   | 74%  | 2.98 | 0.42 | 47%  | 2    | 0    | 8.04   | 
| DCL  |      | Mussa ****            | 32 (5)  | 1    | 3    | 0    | 79%  | 2.79 | 0.27 | 43%  | 2    | 0    | 7.13   | 
| DL   | Wnt  | Gennaro Connola       | 43 (2)  | 3    | 5    | 1    | 77%  | 4.29 | 0.88 | 61%  | 13   | 0    | 7.18   | 
| DMC  |      | Nicola Mularoni       | 39 (4)  | 3    | 11   | 2    | 76%  | 8.08 | 0.41 | 67%  | 12   | 0    | 7.49   | 
| MCR  |      | Guillermo Guevara     | 35 (4)  | 7    | 8    | 1    | 79%  | 6.59 | 0.88 | 47%  | 2    | 0    | 7.30   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Marlon Bovu           | 40      | 9    | 8    | 5    | 75%  | 6.58 | 0.92 | 40%  | 11   | 2    | 7.38   | 
| MCL  |      | Simon Bishop          | 34 (4)  | 7    | 9    | 2    | 79%  | 6.58 | 1.01 | 51%  | 9    | 0    | 7.33   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Guillermo Grille      | 27 (4)  | 13   | 5    | 1    | 71%  | 2.38 | 0.35 | 59%  | 2    | 0    | 7.26   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Alex Benvenuti        | 39 (3)  | 18   | 8    | 3    | 76%  | 2.87 | 1.61 | 54%  | 11   | 0    | 7.14   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Nick Kemp             | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Cristiano Ghiandi     | 10 (9)  | 1    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | 2.68 | 0.19 | 100% | 1    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| S3   |      | Zumbi                 | 6 (15)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 82%  | 5.77 | 1.00 | 57%  | 0    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| S4   | Inj  | José Borges           | 11 (4)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 85%  | 2.35 | 0.21 | 62%  | 3    | 1    | 6.91   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Tino Schneider        | 18 (5)  | 3    | 2    | 0    | 78%  | 5.12 | 0.93 | 28%  | 2    | 0    | 7.04   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Ross Hemmings         | 4 (6)   | 2    | 0    | 0    | 81%  | 2.55 | 1.28 | 47%  | 2    | 0    | 6.94   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Simongiorgio Marini   | 19      | 0    | 3    | 0    | 73%  | 3.59 | 0.87 | 40%  | 0    | 0    | 7.11   | 
| S8   |      | Marco Bollini         | 5 (8)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 72%  | 3.11 | 0.65 | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.76   | 
| S9   |      | Paul Fowler           | 16 (16) | 3    | 1    | 0    | 80%  | 5.19 | 0.62 | 42%  | 4    | 1    | 7.09   | 
| S10  |      | Alessandro Mamone     | 16 (10) | 1    | 6    | 0    | 76%  | 4.14 | 1.08 | 15%  | 1    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| S11  |      | Davide Muratori       | 1 (15)  | 2    | 0    | 0    | 72%  | 1.40 | 1.40 | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Ferruccio Pierantozzi | 24 (9)  | 8    | 3    | 1    | 76%  | 2.32 | 0.75 | 41%  | 3    | 0    | 7.09   | 
|      |      |                       |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]
[i]Under 20's Group 1 Champions[/i]  - 2034-35, 2036-37
[i]Under 20's Cup Runners Up[/i]     - 2026-27

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie C1/A Third Place[/i]        - 2015-16

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]
[i]Serie B Runners Up[/i]            - 2021-22 

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Third Place[/i]           - 2036-37
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]            - 2026-27, 2029-30, 2031-32
[i]Serie A Champions[/i]             - 2030-31. 2034-35, 2035-36

[b][u]Italian Cups[/b][/u]
[i]Italian Cup Champions[/i]         - 2028-29, 2029-30, 2034-35, 2035-36
[i]Italian Cup Runners Up[/i]        - 2032-33
[i]Italian Super Cup Champions[/i]   - 2031-32, 2035-36, 2036-37
[i]Italian Super Cup Runners Up[/i]  - 2029-30, 2030-31

[b][u]European Leagues[/b][/u]
[i]Europa League Champions[/i]       - 2028-29, 2031-32
[i]European Super Cup Champions[/i]  - 2029-30
[i]European Super Cup Runners Up[/i] - 2032-33

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti       (2012-13)            
                                         - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b]2013-14[/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki      (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url], (2035-36)
                                         - Franco Macagno       [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37)
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini  [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Alex Benventuti      (2035-36)
                                         - Paolo Bindi          (2035-36), (2036-37)
                                         - Aldo Angelini        (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari       (2027-28)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2027-28)[/url], (2031-32), (2035-36)
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider       (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Philippe Seguin      (2031-32), (2035-36)
                                         - Aldo Angelini        (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Fans Player of the Year Award[/i]     - Franco Macagno       (2033-34), (2035-36), (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - Franco Macagno       (2035-36), (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2035-36), (2036-37)

International

Africa
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30), (2032-33)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b]         (2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34), (2035-36), (2036-37)
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2033-34)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33)
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2032-33), (2036-37)

Europe
[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]European Player of the Year Award[/i]         - Franco Macagno       [b][url="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4981/bestplayerineuripe.jpg"](2034-35)[/b][/url]

[i]Champions League Golden Shoe Award[/i]        - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)
[i]Champions League Dream Team[/i]               - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2034-35)
[i]Champions League Best Player[/i]              - Franco Macagno       (2034-35)

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge    [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2033-34), (2034-35)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges          (2026-27)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2026-27)[/url], (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Marcelo Olivari      (2026-27)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille     (2030-31)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35)

International

Africa
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31), (2031-32), (2034-35)
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2034-35)

Europe
[i]European Player of the Year Award[/i]          - Franco Macagno (2035-36)

[b][u]Third Place[/u][/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2026-27)[/url], (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis     (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano        (2027-28)[/b][/url]
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - Leon Breakenridge     (2032-33)

International

Africa
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2033-34)

[b][u]World[/b][/u]
[i]Ballon D'or Runner up[/i]                     - Franco Macagno       (2034-35)
[i]Ballon D'or Third Place[/i]                   - Franco Macagno       (2033-34)
[i]Ballon D'or Nomination Shortlist[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32), (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36)
[i]World Player of the Year Runner up[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2034-35)
[i]World Player of the Year Third Place[/i]      - Franco Macagno       (2033-34), (2035-36)
[i]World Team of the Year[/i]                    - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36)

Club Achievements

Highest League Placing          - 1st Serie A                                     (2030-31), (2034-35), (2035-36)
Most Club Appearances           - Jose Borges 637                                 (2036-37)
Most League Appearances         - Jose Borges 529                                 (2036-37)
Most Club Goals                 - Ruud Nieuwenhuis 273                            (2034-35)
Most League Goals               - Frederico Laurito 223                           (2023-24)
Most Club Assists               - Marlon Bovu 161                                 (2036-37)
Most League Assists             - Marlon Bovu 120                                 (2036-37)
Most Club Player of the Match   - Franco Macagno 65                               (2034-35)
Most League Player of the Match - Ruud Nieuwenhuis 47                             (2034-35)
Highest Transfer Fee Paid       - Marcelo Olivari, Velez, £7,750,000              (2026-27) 
Highest Sammarinese Transfer    - Nicolo Zanotti, Napoli Co-Ownership, £500,000   (2024-25)
Highest Club Transfer           - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000       (2027-28)
Highest Attendance 	        - 43,520 v Roma (Serie A)                         (2034-35)
Highest Average Attendance      - 43,341                                          (2036-37)
Highest Gate Receipts 	        - £1,950,000 v CFR Cluj (Champions League)        (2034-35)
Fastest goal 	                - 14 seconds Frederico Laurito v Empoli (Serie B) (2016-17)
Biggest Win 	                - 7-1 v Albino Leffe                              (2019-20)
Consecutive Wins                - 8                                               (2028-29)
Games Without Losing            - 35                                              (2034-35)
Most Goals in Serie B Record    - 107                                             (2020-21)
Youngest Player in Serie A      - Andrea Giacobbi                                 (2020-21)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
|----------------------|------|------|
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 637  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 558  |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 555  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 518  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  |
| Luigi Bertolini      | DC   | 486  |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  |
| Mussa M'ong*         | DC   | 386  |
| Alessandro Grilli    | GK   | 353  |
| Philippe Seguin      | GK   | 331  |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 323  |
| Formiga              | DR   | 318  |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  |
| Alessio Luciani      | DCLR | 303  |
| Dirk Stahl           | D/DMC| 303  |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 294  |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 272  |
| Nicola Mularoni*     | DMC  | 269  |
| Erik Cabalceta       | CB   | 259  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 211  |
| Denis Bellotto       | MCR  | 170  |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Giovanni Caruso      | MC   | 142  |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  |
| Paul Fowler*         | MC   | 139  |
| Alex Benvenuti+      | ST   | 135  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Also Angelini+       | GK   | 130  |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Paolo Bindi+         | DR   | 120  |
| Mauricio Ciminari    | DMC  | 120  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso       | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |
| Simon Bishop+        | MLC  | 103  |
| Gennaro Connola+     | DC   | 100  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

20+ Club Goals since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps | League | Club | 
|----------------------|------|------|--------|------|
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 218    | 273  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 223    | 238  |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 518  | 96     | 131  |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 294  | 95     | 131  |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 558  | 65     | 77   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 70     | 73   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 211  | 38     | 67   |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 323  | 43     | 59   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 55     | 56   |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  | 32     | 50   |
| Alex Benvenuti*      | ST   | 135  | 33     | 48   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 37     | 38   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 30     | 38   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 37     | 37   |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  | 28     | 37   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 35     | 36   |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 272  | 35     | 36   |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  | 20     | 32   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 23     | 29   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 26     | 28   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 637  | 23     | 26   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 555  | 21     | 26   |
| Marcelo Olivari      | ST   | 54   | 20     | 24   |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club Assists since 2012

| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 518  | 120    | 161  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 109    | 114  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 72     | 98   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 82     | 85   |
| Jose Borges*         | DCM  | 637  | 75     | 83   |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  | 53     | 70   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 555  | 53     | 68   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Tino Schneider*      | MC   | 558  | 40     | 58   |
| Formiga              | DR   | 318  | 39     | 58   |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 294  | 38     | 54   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 43     | 44   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 40     | 41   |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  | 28     | 38   |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  | 37     | 37   |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  | 35     | 36   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 32     | 35   |
| Ross Hemmings*       | ST   | 211  | 30     | 35   |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 272  | 23     | 34   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 32     | 32   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 19     | 30   |
| Nicola Mularoni+     | DM   | 269  | 24     | 29   |
| Alex Benvenuti+      | ST   | 135  | 23     | 27   |
| Dirk Stahl           | D/DMC| 303  | 17     | 27   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 24     | 24   |
| Paolo Bindi+         | DR   | 120  | 16     | 24   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 22     | 22   |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 323  | 50     | 80   |
| Marlon Bovu*         | AMC  | 518  | 46     | 59   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 47     | 54   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 50     | 52   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 37     | 37   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 24     | 32   |
| Simongiorgio Marini* | DLC  | 555  | 22     | 30   |
| Jose Borges*         | DMC  | 637  | 19     | 25   |
| Guillermo Grille*    | ST   | 294  | 19     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

Fans Player of the Year awards

Name                   Year                Total
|----------------------|-------------------|------|
| Franco Macagno       | 2031-37           | 6    |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021-25           | 4    |
| Marlon Bovu          | 2025/26, 2027-29  | 3    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Guillermo Grille     | 2030/31           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | 2029/30           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |
| Tomaso Surano        | 2026/27           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

No additions this season

San Marino Legends - The Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order.

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present) Stats Career Staff

The most prolific scorer the club has seen and a one time leader in all time appearances. Vice captain for many years, he was loyal and with the club through its growth from Serie C1/A though to Serie A, picking up awards such as Top Goal scorer along the way. Is now a part of the backroom staff and looking to continue on with the club for many more years to come.

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present) Stats Career Staff

Captain from Serie C1/A to Serie A, the all time leading caps for the club, Di Tacchio was a loyal member of the team and family. Well respected and picking up awards throughout his career, there are none more greater than the 4 Fans Player of the Year awards he has received by the fans of the club. One of the All time greats continues on as a backroom staff member.

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present) Stats Career Staff

Though he was only working with me for a short time as a player, he was our inaugural captain under my management and was our best player, making the Serie C1/A team of the year, Winning Serie C1/A Player of the Year and taking the Fans Player of the Year award. He then went on to become the u20's manager, keeping him at the club and has been involved in raising such players as Bertolini who is a future Hall of Fame candidate himself. His contribution to the team has been both on and off the field and as such, will be inducted as both a player and staff member in to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present) Stats Career Staff

Spent two long spells a the club, becoming one of the most capped and well respected payers the club has seen. With us from the Serie C1/A all the way through to the Serie A, he was able to command a place in the first team up until his last few years, when he became a bench and backup player. Was able to carry on until he was 37, sharing his playing career with a Reserve's Manager role for 6 seasons, now continuing this role at San Marino into his retirement. Able to play all across the backline, he became the bench mark of the ultimate defender at the club and was often revered as one of the clubs best ever, most solid defenders.

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026) Career

One of our most prolific midfielders, Danza was amazing through the early stage of San Marino, up until the Serie A. He was always able to find the right pass and ended his career with 41 assists for San Marino. Better still, he was also very good from the edge of the area and managed 38 goals for the club, some of which proved vital throughout his career. One of the best all round players to pull on a San Marino Jersey and rightly added to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019) Career

Villanova was one of the first fan favourites at San Marino, spending a couple of years at the club before and after I took charge. Was absolutely amazing in his opening 2 seasons as he dominated the charts for both assists and goals and controlled the Serie C1/A side along with Di Tacchio as one of the key contributors. As San Marino improved to the Serie B, Villanova lost his footing in the side and as our shape changed from one utilising wingers to one more focused down the middle, his role went from limited to none and he was loaned out for his last 2 years of his contract. Upon its expiring, he decided not to renew his contract and instead left to retire from the game at just 27 years of age. Despite his swift fall from grace, in 4 to 5 years of the 9 he spent at San Marino, he was truly one of the sides most gifted and best players

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018) Career Staff

With us for only 6 years, Paro was the heart and sole of the team and really shone when utilised in his favoured Defensive Midfield role. In fact, Paro's ability to supply and control the tempo of the match from this position is what led us to change the structure of the team and head in the direction of an anchor in midfield. To say the team was structured around him is an understatement as he was the leader before Di Tacchio took over, and is one of the main reasons the club rose from Serie C1/A to the Serie B so quickly. He retired and continues in the sport today as a Director of Football for Juve Stabia. He may one day come back to the club in the back room, but until then, will go down as a legend and pioneer of the San Marino midfield and the style of play we utilise today.

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019) Career

Was at the club before I arrived and was one of the first players to lead from the back line. He helped create a solid defence in the early seasons and was one of our most solid defenders in our push for Serie B football. He struggled with the step up though and become a reserve in his final seasons, making only one Serie B appearance, but remained loyal to the club and fulfilled his contract obligations with no complaints. He decided to retire at just 30 once his contract was not renewed as he was now struggling to keep up with players around him, but his role in the Serie C1/A side will not be forgotten.

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017) Career

Had a stay of 5 years, but in that time proved to be a great distributor of the ball and a very consistent performer. 3 of those seasons where successful first team positions as a key player, whilst one was as a provider and rotational distributor. Gained no great accolades but managed 14 assists in his 4 seasons as one of our defensive holding players, including one season alongside Paro as our defence helped us with Promotion. A key ingredient and one of the star players during our mediocre seasons, his only fault was being part of the side in the twilight years of his career. Had he been hear during his younger years and peak, he could of become an icon, if not a legend. Retired from all facets of the game at 33 but still supports us through the media from time to time.

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015) Career Staff

A fantastic defensive unit in our backline who did a lot in his short stint at the club. Though his tenure was only 4 seasons, 3 under me, he was inspirational and even took home the the Fans Player of the Year Award. Our goals and ambitions differed and he left for Pro Patria before successful stints at Andria and Catanzaro. Though his career remained at Serie C football, he was one of our key players, especially over his last 2 seasons and his love from the fans for such solid performances was undeniable. He has gone on to be a manager, currently at Venezia.

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Career Staff

Was at one time our first choice defender, proving a capable and solid Serie B and A player. In his stay at the club, he had 11 years total at Titani wih 7 great seasons, however towards the latter pat of his career, as the side started to push for higher positions as well, he became out of favour and players deemed stronger in the central defence where brought in to tighten the back line. His worthiness was evident in his 259 appearances, as well as his Fans Player of the Year Award, which he got in 2018-19 and is only the second defender to do so. Would not be out of place at his peak in the team of today and enters the hall of fame only just being ousted from the starting overall XI as of last season by a future hall of famer in Surano.

Class of 2031-32

12. Edoardo Pozzi (Player 2017-2030) Stats Career

A very stable player who managed to always do enough to hang around. Was always a threat and a compatible player in the midfield, able to slip back into the defensive midfield role if required. Was a starter for much of his time with us, but became a capable bench player and proved to be handy as an impact player as his career moved on. May be forgotten by many for his head down and behind the scenes attitude, but definitely one of the cogs that ticked in San Marino's rise to the top. A place in the Hall of Fame is that his efforts will not be forgotten.

13. Marco Bianchi (Player 2018-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed when he was entering his peak and showed his skill with his ability to defend all across the back line, but also to get a lot of assists from defence. This was a trend we exploited, and as a result of his great abilities, it is a tactic we still use to this day, 5 years after his retirement. He amassed 36 assists in less than 300 games from the backline and at the time of his retirement, was our most prolific defender in creating opportunities. Was heavily missed but has since stayed on and helps the younger players from time to time as a scout and with the tactics that made him a San Marino Hall of Famer.

Class of 2032-33

14. Luigi Bertolini (Player 2012-2031, Staff 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

An absolute legend for both club and country, he will definitely go down as one of the best to play for the side ever. He was always solid and a key component for 20 years, even playing 14 Serie A games in his final season for an average rating of 7.23. He was head and shoulders above the rest of Sammarinese products, not just from his generation, but from all players as he is the only player to be a consistent starter in a top league, which was ranked 2nd behind the Premier League during his time.

A youth Product who played with the team from Serie C1/A all the way through to winning the league in the Serie A in his final season, was fiercely loyal and will forever be remembered as the heart and sole of his club and country. He was lucky enough to be named captain sporadically throughout his career, including a few games of, as well as the final game of their first and only Serie A title to day. More than just an Icon, he is a legend and plans are afoot to erect a statue at the stadium, to be unveiled at the opening of the newly to be created grandstand next season.

Class of 2033-34

15. Alessandro Grilli (Player 2016-2030) Stats Career

He was our first choice keeper for a decade and as of 2034, is still our best ever keeper to date. Was an amazing contributor to the team and saved us many a time in our push from Serie B towards a Serie A title challenger. was loaned out as the team got bigger, but remained loyal and was at the club until his retirement, after starting out a young, budding keeper in our first Serie B campaign. Will take a lot of pushing to move from between the sticks, but if that day does ever come, he will always hold a place in the hearts of the San Marino faithful as one of the best shot stopper to wear the Azzuri e Blanco.

Class of 2034-35

16. Luca Petrucci (Player 2016-2031, Coach 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

One of the all time geats, Petrucci was from the era where San Marino started to make a name for themselves thanks to the likes of players like himself, Di Tacchio and Laurito who all spent at least the 6 years in Serie B through to San Marino competing in Europe and for the title. The Australian was plucked from obscurity at AIS and went on to reach 474 total appearances, at one point leading the clubs all time charts both overall and in league matches played. A great all round player who could also play on the right, Petrucci dominated midfield managing 69 goals and 61 assists for the club, as well as 76 caps and for goals for Australia. His final year marked San Marino's first Serie A title, and though he only made 2 appearances, he was allowed to celebrate the win with the team. He also played a key role in the clubs UEFA Cup win in 2030 as well as their back to back Italian cup wins beween 2029 to 2030.

17. Lodovichetti (Physio 2011-2035)

For 24 years Lodovichetti helped repair the players' as they hobbled in from training, matches or even the odd holiday related injury. Loyalty to the man who remained at the club my entire tenure until he could do it no more. the 63 year old will be sorely missed and goes down as the first all solely backroom club man

Class of 2035-36

18. Nicola Girolamo (Player 2021-2034) Career

A player who often went under the radar, he was a fantastic and loyal player out on the left from Serie B to Serie A. He became one of the first defenders in the team to become an attacking based wiger, notching up 37 assists and 11 goals in his 12 year career at the club. Durig his prime, he was superb, averaging 7.30 in two back to back seasons, including 5 out of the 7 full seasons with over 7 as an average rating of his performance. His final few seasons seasons saw his first tea appearances drop to just single figures with him only managing 18 i his final 5 seasons as competition for the left back spot and higher Serie A honors pushed him more as a supporting role player. Though his time ended at just 31 due to injuries and a lack of fooball, for the prominent rise of San Marino to a Serie A and European Force, Girolamo was right amisdt the hear of the action and has a number of awards and medals to prove just that, being involved in numerous Super Cup and Italian Cup finals as well as a number of Serie A runner up seasons and one Winning campaign back in 2031.

Class of 2036-37

19. Nico Bochini (Player 2022-2036, Coach 2036-Present) Stats Career Staff

Initially brought in on loan, Bochini went on to become a constant presence in the starting line up. One of our key sources of inspiration and creativity in the midfield, Bochini often earned double digit assists for a season, with his best spell coming in the late 2020's to early 2030's. Not only did he contribute by setting other players up, he could also score, entering the record books for not only goals and assists, but also being one of the highest capped player at the club. The Argentinan was integral to our rise to the top of the Serie A, being a pivotal player in the transition to one of the worlds greatest sides.

He now joins the ever present list of ex San Marino Players' in the backroom staff at the club.

19. Ruud Nieuwenhuis (Player 2022-2036, Coach 2036-Present) Stats Career Staff

One of the all time greats, Nieuwenhuis has gone on to be the all time top scorer at the club, with a staggering 273 goals, while being 2 assists shy of cracking 100. Brought in on loan in the same year as fellow inductee Bochini, both players go out together and get inducted together, while also continuing on in the backroom staff together! Incredible Parrellels. One thing differs though, in Ruud being arguably the most influential player in San Marino's rise to dominance and one of their best player's in history, let alone the last decade. He scored at a rate of almost a gaol a game and was made permanent midway through his first season, and never looked back, scoring at least 10 goals in the league each season bar 1 and averaginf an astonishing 7 or greater for each of those. His final season was plagued with injury and unrest and resulted in just 6 appearances before announcing retirement and joing the backroom staff of the club he loves. He has been inducted not just into the hall of fame, but is one of the few players to be deemed a legend of the club. It will be a long time until another player can have influence and ability to score so frequently, averaging more that a goal every second game. His presence up front has been sorley missed and not seeing him on the team sheet will take a long time to get used to.

20. Flavio Roma (Goalkeeper Coach 2014-2037)

Roma was a goalkeeper coach at the club for 23 years and helped to improve the level of keeping at the club from Serie C1/A to Europe and Italian Champions. He has been involved in creating Italian Serie A Goalkeeper award winners Phillipe Seguin and Aldo Angelini, while grooming club legend Alessandro Grilli. All keepers have enjoyed long, successful careers thanks to his guidance.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 486  | 16        | 8           | 13  | 7.07   |
| Marco Bianchi         | DRLC | 286  | 9         | 36          | 9   | 7.00   |
| Nico Bochini          | AMC  | 421  | 37        | 70          | 12  | 7.03   |
| Erick Cabalceta       | DC   | 259  | 11        | 4           | 14  | 6.93   |
| Dejan Danza           | MC   | 288  | 38        | 41          | 8   | 6.96   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio  | MC   | 419  | 56        | 114         | 37  | 7.22   |
| Vittorio Ferrero      | DC   | 73   | 3         | 0           | 4   | 7.12   |
| Alessandro Grilli     | GK   | 353  | 0(537)    | 3(96)       | 2   | 6.86   |
| Nicola Girolamo       | DLC  | 291  | 11        | 37          | 16  | 6.94   |
| Frederico Laurito     | ST   | 403  | 238       | 85          | 52  | 7.21   |
| Alessio Luciani       | DLRC | 303  | 12        | 13          | 6   | 6.81   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis      | ST   | 491  | 273       | 98          | 54  | 7.21   |
| Gabriele Pacciardi    | DMC  | 130  | 8         | 14          | 0   | 7.01   |
| Matteo Paro           | DMC  | 134  | 5         | 15          | 2   | 6.92   |
| Carlo Pelagatti       | DRC  | 123  | 0         | 9           | 3   | 6.97   |
| Luca Petrucci         | MC   | 474  | 69        | 61          | 23  | 7.08   |
| Davide Poletti        | MCL  | 50   | 11        | 15          | 7   | 6.97   |
| Edoardo Pozzi         | MC   | 314  | 28        | 35          | 7   | 6.99   |
| Marco Villanova       | AMRL | 126  | 29        | 22          | 3   | 6.98   |

| Name                  | Role     | active       |
|-----------------------|----------|--------------|
| Lodovichetti          | Physio   | 2011-2035    |
| Flavio Roma           | GK Coach | 2014-2037    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

We may have just dropped 21 places and gone back to 50th in the world, but we just managed to convince Francesco Mularoni to represent us over Italy. This gives us our best ever strike force. Watch our World Cup! We are coming for you!

On His Debut! Mularoni nets a double and picks up the Player of the match award against 37th ranked Rawanda. This could be a good sign of things to come as we sit equal second in our Qualifying group.

g7cf.jpg

;9Okay, so I was thinking about giving this challenge a go since iv'e got basically until mid September with relatively little to do in that time. The only problem is I haven't touched fm for probably nearly a year now and I can't really see the point in buying fm13 with 14 only a few months away (assuming it's released at the usual time of the year) so if I do do this it'll be on fm12, is that alright??

Also does anyone know where I can download the kits and logos for the serie c2? Iv'e found them for almost every other league but i can't find serie c2 anywhere :(

There have been a few people giving it a go on FM12 so that's not a problem, but I unfortunately can't help much with the kits and logos as I don't usually download them and didn't do so for FM12.

Give it a try though! It would be good to have another Sammarinese challenger :)

Right so I've decided to give this a go here is me Manager Profile. I'm sure your all rather familiar with the starting squad which is okay but not great so I'm not going to bother linking that as I will more than likely be bringing in quite alot of new faces who will come straight into the first 11. Since I'm doing this on Fm12 San Marino are in the Serie C2/A so I'm hoping that we can get into the play-offs in the first season and maybe even make a push for automatic promotion. :)

Season Review 2011/12

So after what could easily be the worst introductory post ever here is my first season review :)

I started the season unsure which formation I was going to use so I used pre-season friendlies as an opportunity to tinker and change things up abit to see what worked and that was apparently anything as we won all but one Friendly, admittedly against weaker opposition for the most part. In the end I decided to go for a 4-4-2 and play it safe.

The League

At the start of the season i'd have been happy just making it into a play-off position but by about half way through the season it became clear that if this was to happen it would in fact have been a large under-achievement as we managed to open up an 8 point lead over 2nd. Our run of form continued until the beginning of April when we won the League. After this our form took a little dip and although we didn't lose any of the remaining league fixtures we didn't really win either. I don't know if this was because the team already knew that they had nothing more to do with the league already being in the bag or maybe the squad had started to get a little tired as I am using quite a small squad. Regardless of this we ended up topping the league by 14 points and earning promotion the the Serie C1/B. :)

Domestic Cups

The Serie C Cup went alot better that I had expected it to as we got all the way to the final thanks in part to getting drawn against only one team in a higher division until the final. In the final we were playing stronger opposition and managed to lose both matches after going ahead in both of them which was to say the least, a little infuriating.

In the Serie C2 Super Cup we managed to win the first leg before losing the second leg at home, a match we really should have won.

Club Overview

I got a little carried away with Transfers and ended up bringing in pretty much a whole new Squad. I'll probably look at bringing in a new RB and RM for the new season as well as a CB or ST if the right person becomes available and I think we should be able to make a push for a play-off spot this season.

As far as awards go I managed to get Manager of the Year and Fausto Rossi got an award for League top goal scorer.

The clubs Finances aren't too good but I guess thats to be expected at this stage.

Also, the youth intake was for the most part nothing special but the was one player that caught my eye Andrea Savoldelli is a 15 year old Sammarinese striker who has already turned out for the U21 international team and he will hopefully have a bright future ahead of him.

Good to see this thread hopefully picking up again...

Wish I'd done updates now, but I think season 13 (2024/25) might be a little late to start!

Never too late to start! Be good to see how you are fairing Aaron.

I should have an update of my own soon as I am nearing mid year when I get the International Best XI's.

I do have a bit of good news prior to the update though... Look who just became a Sammarinese international!:

wo8r.jpg

We now have two World Class strikers in Mularoni and Benvenuti. Both fast, and decent finishers. Will we have the chance to utilise our new forwards in the 2038 World Cup? Find out soon at the next International update!

Leonavich, I just spent at least 1 hour of my working time reading your story and your updates, this is one fascinating, brilliant story!

Congratulations to everything you've achieved so far. Especially the international successes have been fantastically to read.

I am writing quite a long story myself (unfortunately in German), so I can imagine how much work must have gone into playing AND writing this. So just let me tell you that there are people out here who appreciate this. A lot!! Keep up the fascinating story, and don't stop until the World Cup and the Champions League trophy are Sammarese.

:)

Leonavich, I just spent at least 1 hour of my working time reading your story and your updates, this is one fascinating, brilliant story!

Congratulations to everything you've achieved so far. Especially the international successes have been fantastically to read.

I am writing quite a long story myself (unfortunately in German), so I can imagine how much work must have gone into playing AND writing this. So just let me tell you that there are people out here who appreciate this. A lot!! Keep up the fascinating story, and don't stop until the World Cup and the Champions League trophy are Sammarese.

:)

Thanks Jean! I appreciate the compliment! I was starting to loose interest until we made the initial world cup, and then the Euro run peaked my interest even more. I have an international update within the next few hours so watch this space! San Marino are really going places!

Good luck with your story too. I can't speak German, but I love reading stories so maybe I can use a translator once you begin.

I'm starting to get really concerned about the state of my clubs finances now. I've done almost everything I can think of to reduce the monthly losses, my wage bill is now around 1/3 of what it was (spending around 10-12k a week on wages) and I've got rid of all but necessary staff members (assistant manager, 1 coach and 1 scout) but the club is still making losses of over 100k a month and I have no idea how to go about fixing this now :(.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, good luck with your story Jean, well done on the play-offs Bill on to bigger and better things hopefully :) and Leonavich you international team is coming along nicely now it's surely only a matter of time until you win a big international cup :)

International 2037

For some reason I am not getting international updates so I have had to make a manual team list.

We struggled against Poland and France early in the year and had a narrow win over Malta which left our qualification hopes dangerously tight. We lost to Mali but managed to pull Francesco Mularoni into the line up which helped in a big 3-0 win over Rwanda. A draw again Ukraine jeopardized our chances, with another against Iran in a friendly not too concerning. Somehow pulling a tight 2-1 win over Austria gave us hope, but a mighty 4-3 win over France helped us qualify in first place in our group.

ub9z.jpg

We took the chance after qualifying to pick Benvenuti in a 1-1 draw with Romania as we look to strengthen our side.

We have some good core players in Angelini in goals, Mularoni in the holding role with two amazing strikers. Our wingers are also solid but we lack central defenders since Pelliccioni retired.

2037 Best XI

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                | Club        | Team   | Caps   | Goals  | Yth Apps | Yth Gls| Value  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK     | Inj    | Aldo Angelini       | San Marino  | Main   | 111    | 1      | 0        | 0      | £6.5M  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR     |        | Matteo Giannini     | San Marino  | Main   | 45     | 0      | 15       | 0      | £650K  | 
| DCR    |        | Matteo Macina       | San Marino  | Main   | 6      | 0      | 0        | 0      | £350K  | 
| DCL    |        | Francesco Buttignon | Real Rimini | Main   | 11     | 0      | 14       | 0      | £275K  | 
| DL     |        | Davide Bollini      | San Marino  | Main   | 68     | 4      | 0        | 0      | £1.4M  | 
| DMC    |        | Nicola Mularoni     | San Marino  | Main   | 132    | 7      | 6        | 0      | £7.25M | 
| MR     |        | Mauro Bucci         | San Marino  | Main   | 106    | 7      | 21       | 0      | £500K  | 
| MC     |        | Daniele Ugolini     | Alto Adige  | Main   | 42     | 5      | 5        | 0      | £2.5M  | 
| ML     |        | Andrea Giacobbi     | Sampdoria   | Main   | 111    | 12     | 0        | 0      | £775K  | 
| STCR   |        | Francesco Mularoni  | Ascoli      | Main   | 6      | 8      | 0        | 0      | £8.5M  | 
| STCL   |        | Alex Benvenuti      | San Marino  | Main   | 1      | 0      | 0        | 0      | £6.5M  | 
| S1     | Rst    | Davide Rinaldi      | Triestina   | Main   | 6      | 0      | 3        | 0      | -      | 
| S2     | Rst    | Claudio Zanotti     | Tre Penne   | Main   | 9      | 0      | 13       | 0      | -      | 
| S3     |        | Nicolò Zanotti      | San Marino  | Main   | 121    | 20     | 0        | 0      | £250K  | 
| S4     |        | Denis Lonfernini    | San Marino  | Main   | 2      | 0      | 8        | 3      | £250K  | 
| S5     |        | Matteo Della Valle  | -           | Main   | 76     | 1      | 3        | 0      | -      | 
| S6     |        | Christian Saracino  | Vicenza     | Main   | 27     | 3      | 14       | 0      | £375K  | 
| -      | Wnt    | Michele Bacciocchi  | -           | Main   | 2      | 0      | 0        | 0      | -      | 
| -      | Rst    | Corrado Felici      | Tre Penne   | Main   | 33     | 1      | 31       | 0      | -      | 
| -      | Wnt    | Roberto Ceccoli     | Tre Fiori   | Main   | 25     | 0      | 0        | 0      | -      | 
| -      | Rst    | Filippo Podeschi    | Pennarossa  | Main   | 0      | 0      | 6        | 1      | -      | 
| -      |        | Marco Bollini       | San Marino  | Main   | 75     | 34     | 3        | 1      | £2.5M  | 
| -      |        | Mattia Canini       | San Marino  | Main   | 26     | 0      | 0        | 0      | £600K  | 
|        |        |                     |             |        |        |        |          |        |        | 

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under - Bold signifies new entries.

Alex Benvenuti - 24

We got him!!! Two world class strikers now. How will we compete now!

Marco Bollini - 22

With two world class strikers coming to the side, he has gone from our star player to a bench player. unfortunate to be in our best generation but will still get chances.

Francesco Buttignon - 20

Made himself an automatic selection in the backline this year. Done well in the world cup qualifiers and deserves his spot.

Mirco Francioni - 21

Plays well with his chances but has slipped down the pecking order and will struggle with games from here on out.

Matteo Giannini - 21

still lacking consistency but has the talent should he choose to use it.

Matteo Macina - 17

Still young and a lot of room for improvement but looks like he may be our next defensive talent. Needs to work on speed, but has the ability to defend set pieces and tackle with the best of them.

Daniele Ugolini - 22

Made the middle his as Zanotti moves into his 30's. Leading the new generation of youngsters and a lot of experience at only 22.

Matteo Zanotti - 21

Injuries have been a bit of a set back but should get back in to the team once he returns and is healthy.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2032 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]
2033 – 44
2034 – 49
2035 – 47 
2036 – 20
2037 – 27

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Aldo Angelini

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Marco Bollini

Andrea Giancobbi

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Nicola Mularoni        (132)  
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (131) 
                 - Nicolo Zanotti         (121)                
                 - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi       (111)
                 - Aldo Angelini          (111)
                 - Mauro Bucci            (106)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)
                 - Matteo Della Valle     (76)
                 - Marco Bollini          (75)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Marco Bollini           (34)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (20)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (14)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi        (12)
                 - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)
                 - Gaspare Barone          (8)
                 - Francesco Mularoni      (8)
                 - Nicola Angelini         (7)
                 - Marcello Bianchi        (7)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]

International Honours

[b][u]World Cups[/b][/u]

World Cup's Qualified         - 2 (2034), (2038)
World Cup Second Round        - Second Round v USA (3034)

[b][u]European Championships[/b][/u]

Euro Championship's Qualified - 1 (2036)
Euro Championship Runner Up   - Runner Up v Spain (3036)

[b][u]World Cup Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2012-14 - 6th in Group 8
2016-18 - 6th in Group 7
2020-22 - 6th in Group 8
2024-26 - 5th in Group 7
2028-30 - 4th in Group 2
2032-34 - 2nd in Group 1  (Qualified via Play off win v Ukraine)
2036-38 - 1st in Group 9

*Currently in progress

[b][u]European Championship Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2014-16 - 6th in Group A
2018-20 - 4th in Group B
2022-24 - 4th in Group H
2026-28 - 5th in Group F
2030-32 - 5th in Group E
2034-36 - 2nd in Group A  (Qualified second behind Ireland)

*Currently in Progress

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i]                        - 20th (2036)
[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i]      - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i]                           - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)
[i]Lowest Attendance in European Qualifications[/i] - 100 v Northern Ireland (2026)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Once the All time cap holder, Bertolini has been one of the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first of the inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

Class of 2033

15. Alessandro Valentini (2015-2028)

A great player who sparked the attacking flair of the team of the best art of a decade. Was a mentor and teacher to the youth players as they came through such as Zanotti and Mularoni and would of been happy to be part of the squad on their push to creating future stars that would compete on the bigger stages of football. Decided to retire at 32 but was part of the national team for the best part of 13 seasons and has helped hand the torch over to the next line of midfield players who are leading the team to new heights.

Class of 2034

16. Devid Vendrame (2016-2026)

The first player to fit in to the Defensive holding role, which has now become the pivotal role of the side, anchoring defence and helping to build attacks. Devid was key to our rise in the earlier years and did a lot with the talent he had. He was never the best technically nor did he have much speed, but he was able to work hard to get the job done. A very gritty player, he managed 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 Player of the Match awards in 49 appearances and led the way for the likes of Nicola Mularoni who have followed in the footsteps of an underrated player of the national team.

Class of 2036

17. Andea Pelliccioni (2021-2036)

By far the best and most consistent player to ever pull on a Sammarinese shirt. The defender was raised in the mould and followed in the footsteps of icon Bertolini, even so far as to emulate his style and be mentored by him. The two went on to be the middle of the defence for the national team for a decade between 2021 when Pelliccioni entered the national stage until 2031, when Bertolini left it.

Pelliccioni is not only the current all time cap holder, but was at one stage the highest goal scorer in national history, with 12. He ended his career with 14 goals to his name, the most of any defender, but proved you can get better with age, with increasing ratings of 7.5 and above, including an 8+ average rating in recent years. The biggest accomplishment is his ability to lead the defence, as he racked up an incredible 32 Player of the match awards, usually in a side that would either lose or be expected to lose. He managed to perform at such a high level, during the team's rough patch while still ranked at 175th, and was a key player in their European Championships runner up result in 2036, when they reached a then record high of 25th.

To further emphasise his stature as a San Marino Legend, he is the only Sammarinese player at the time of writing, to average above a 7 rating for his international career. In fact, the only player to average above a 7.50! These boots will not be filled lightly, and a huge amount of expectation will sit atop any shoulders that tries to do so.

[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  | (201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 4           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7184/pelliccioni.jpg"]| Andrea Pelliccioni    | DC   | 131  | 14        | 5           | 32  | 7.51   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | (?)       | (?)         | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
[url="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6/valentini.jpg"]| Alessandro Valentini  | MC   | 62   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.49   |[/url]
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
[url="http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2011/venddrame.jpg"]| Devid Vendrame        | DMC  | 49   | 2         | 2           | 2   | 6.22   |[/url]
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

I am surprised that a team who made it to the European Cup finals still would only rank 20 in the FIFA ranking.

Shouldn't the Cup be one of the strongest indicators for your position world wide? Are the points distributed there so few?

I'm starting to get really concerned about the state of my clubs finances now. I've done almost everything I can think of to reduce the monthly losses, my wage bill is now around 1/3 of what it was (spending around 10-12k a week on wages) and I've got rid of all but necessary staff members (assistant manager, 1 coach and 1 scout) but the club is still making losses of over 100k a month and I have no idea how to go about fixing this now :(.

Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe you could throw in regular friendly matches to somehow scrape some small money together? It would probably hinder your chances in the league, but might give you just enough money to make the situation look a bit brighter? I am sometimes surprised how much money you get for friendlies. Of course, your stadium isn't big, but a friendly is rarely a sellout anyway...

Maybe you could throw in regular friendly matches to somehow scrape some small money together? It would probably hinder your chances in the league, but might give you just enough money to make the situation look a bit brighter? I am sometimes surprised how much money you get for friendlies. Of course, your stadium isn't big, but a friendly is rarely a sellout anyway...

Yeah I've started playing alot more friendlies and it does kinda add up :) Thanks

Club Update

I managed to get to 5th this year despite scoring two less points than the first season when I finished 7th. I had a bit of an up and down first half of the season but by the middle of the season I had settled in 5th and was there to stay. I never threatened to go higher and was never challenged by anyone else for the position.

Play-offs were a totall disaster. I lost to Cremonese 8-3 on aggregate. I was home for the first game and was 2-0 down at half time. Went attacking but it did not really work. Conceded another goal before scoring near the end. Unfortunately 2 late goals, one from a penalty, meant I had the impossible task of coming from 5-1 down. It got even worse after I selected a very attacking line up in the second game only to go down 2-0 in the first 5 minutes. The team managed to pull it back to 2-2 and I thought was playing very well for a period but conceded another goal.

League Table

My key signing and new star striker was Frederico Gerardi who scored 22 goals including a run near the end of season where he scored in 8 consecutive games. However he was then injured and missed the end of the season.

Bad news on the player front is I think I am going to lose Sissoko who wants to move to a bigger club. It is going to be hard to replace him, perhaps impossible. I even through him into a strikers position late in a game late in the season and he scored a beautiful goal.

Youth intake had a couple of promising San Marino youngsters but no real star yet. I have also discovered an even more promising 18 year playing the Sammarinese league but he is an attacking midfielder and I do not play with an attacking midfielder. Not sure whether to buy him or not.

| Name                     | Position  | Apps      | Gls       | Ast       | PoM       | Av Rat    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Federico Gerardi         | ST        | 33        | 22        | 3         | 7         | 7.42      | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Mahamadou Sissoko        | D (C)     | 37        | 3         | 0         | 3         | 7.24      | 
| Francesco Lunardini      | DM, M (C) | 32 (2)    | 3         | 6         | 4         | 7.13      | 
| Carlo Pelagatti          | D (RC)    | 33 (1)    | 0         | 3         | 0         | 7.08      | 
| Valerio Virga            | M/AM (R)  | 37        | 4         | 12        | 0         | 7.07      | 
| Lorenzo Vangi            | D/WB (L)  | 37 (1)    | 1         | 7         | 2         | 7.07      | 
| Davide Poletti           | M/AM (L)  | 28 (3)    | 6         | 7         | 0         | 7.06      | 
| Mateus                   | DM, M (C) | 16        | 1         | 2         | 0         | 7.06      | 
| Ruud Kras                | D (C)     | 16        | 1         | 0         | 1         | 7.03      | 
| Matteo Paro              | DM, M (C) | 34 (3)    | 2         | 4         | 1         | 7.03      | 
| Francesco Casolla        | AM (R), ST| 2 (1)     | 1         | 0         | 0         | 7.00      | 
| Gabriele Pacciardi       | DM, M (C) | 11 (6)    | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.97      | 
| Salvatore Del Sole       | DM, M (C) | 4 (8)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.96      | 
| Luca Rivi                | ST        | 0 (3)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.90      | 
| Diniz                    | D (C)     | 9 (7)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.90      | 
| Simone Corazza           | ST        | 7 (3)     | 3         | 2         | 1         | 6.89      | 
| Luca Pigini              | M (C)     | 17 (12)   | 2         | 0         | 0         | 6.86      | 
| Claudio Andrea Felicetti | M/AM (R)  | 1 (5)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.85      | 
| Federico Laurito         | ST        | 2 (14)    | 1         | 1         | 1         | 6.85      | 
| Alessandro Fogacci       | D (C)     | 3 (9)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.83      | 
| Marco Villanova          | AM (RL)   | 11 (15)   | 2         | 2         | 0         | 6.77      | 
| Lorenzo Cardarelli       | D (RL)    | 5 (7)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.75      | 
| Carlo Sciarrone          | GK        | 39        | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.75      | 
| Roberto Crivello         | D/WB (L)  | 1 (2)     | 0         | 0         | 0         | 6.73      | 
| Mattia Migani            | GK        | -         | -         | -         | -         | -         | 

Going into next season I need some quality wingers, probably another quality CM and a CB or 2 to replace Sissoko, the retiring Fogacci and Dinz who I do not think I will try and loan again. I might bring Virga back for a third loan.

International Team.

As I am not managing the team I have not been paying it much attention. However there did not seem to be much progress although in the last friendly they managed to take an early 1-0 lead against New Zealand and hold on to it until the 61st minute. They lost 2-1 and stats wise NZL smashed them.

I am surprised that a team who made it to the European Cup finals still would only rank 20 in the FIFA ranking.

Shouldn't the Cup be one of the strongest indicators for your position world wide? Are the points distributed there so few?

When I won the cup, I was ranked high 40's, potentially even 50's as I lost a few friendlies in the lead up, and moved up over 20 places, so I think that's about right. I then played on and off over the next 2 years pretty mediocre and that led to us dropping back down to the high 40's prior to qualifying for the World Cup again, which got us back to the 20's.

Yeah I've started playing alot more friendlies and it does kinda add up :) Thanks

Friendlies help a lot, but you will struggle with funds until you make the Serie A pretty much. Its difficult to break even with the poor funding, sponsors, etc as well as having to pay for the stadium. Choose friendlies that are away matches. You will get more for heading out to their ground, and not have to pay any ground fees to bring them out.

Friendlies help a lot, but you will struggle with funds until you make the Serie A pretty much. Its difficult to break even with the poor funding, sponsors, etc as well as having to pay for the stadium. Choose friendlies that are away matches. You will get more for heading out to their ground, and not have to pay any ground fees to bring them out.

I keep trying to play friendlies away but my board stop them as they think its too far to travel :(

Congrats Bill, better luck with promotion next year

Bill - Well done to improve to 5th. Shows how much tighter the league is getting with less points but a higher finish. A shame about the play-off result, but now you have the experience. Hopefully you can retain Sissoko but if not, I'm sure you can find some players to fill in the void adequately. Looking forward to the next update!

Hey Chris - Try Places more local such as in Italy and pick larger sides from Serie B or even A for more money. You will loose, but that's the price you pay. I took many a beating in early friendlies and balanced it out with some easier, more suitable opposition just before the season starts to get a proper feel for how the team was fairing against similar quality.

Season Review 2012/13

The League

The step up was much tougher than I had expected and we went on long runs picking up very few points and until late in the season I was fearing finishing in the relegation play-off places. (I'm pretty sure thats what they're called anyway :L). A late run of form which saw us get 13 of the last 18 points available in the league saw us rise to 11th and finish safely mid-table. This run was quite a surprise to be honest as we had only picked up 7 points from the last 13 games losing 9 of them :(. In the end it worked out okay though so I guess thats the main thing.

We didn't have as much luck in the cup this season going out in the 3rd round of the Serie C Cup and losing in the 2nd qualifying round of the Italian Cup.

As i'm sure you've noticed my main concern has been the clubs finances and the club has infact actually gone bankrupt, which in interesting, so I reduced the wage bill to just under 12k a week which leaves us with by far the lowest wage bill in the league.

The squad is looking abit thin mainly because of moving anyone on high wages on in an attempt to save the club abit of money. Another problem with the whole bankrupt thing is I can't bring in any players on loan or transfer until the finances are sorted out and any club can put in pretty much a bid of anything for any of my remaining players and it will be accepted even if its way under the players value :( But I did take the chance before the transfer embargo thing came into effect to sign quite a few promising youngsters who are capable of playing first team football in the hope they will develop into good players and will either help take the club forwards or I can at least turn a profit on them.

My plans for the future are to somehow survive with so few players (one or two injuries will probably leave me having to play people out of position) and to do what I can to raise some money to repay debts but at least the board have managed to restructure the debt into monthly fees so for the time being its not too bad i guess.

Oh, I forgot about the national team. I think i'm going to leave that until I reach the Serie A for atleast got stable in Serie B with the club.

So it is better to leave a promising Sammarinese player in a position I do not use (attacking midfeilder) at his current Sammarinese club or should I sign him and loan him out?

I want him to be as good as possible for the national team, he is already in the San Marino senior squad at 18 although that is not much of a achievement.

So it is better to leave a promising Sammarinese player in a position I do not use (attacking midfeilder) at his current Sammarinese club or should I sign him and loan him out?

I want him to be as good as possible for the national team, he is already in the San Marino senior squad at 18 although that is not much of a achievement.

I would suggest that you sign him and loan him out. Your club is better in terms of facilities I would imagine (or will be soon enough) and some of the affiliated clubs such as Real Rimini are good stomping grounds (they cane get a lot of game time with some good performances).

Also, good one Sissoko. Time to repay him with promotion!

Archived